Datakam Player for Mac

Got a problem using Datakam on my MacBook Pro. Managed to play a video from my NextBase Duo with Datakam just once, the first time I ran it. Now it just doesn't play. I load Datakam; the screen shows black. I try to open a file but no response from the program. I've uninstalled/re-installed but no luck in getting it to work. Any suggestions?

I have a Grdian defender, nice little Cam, but the GPS into is in log files separate from the video. There is lat/long/speed info on the video screen. How do I use the GPS info to show location on the map window?

Hi,

I just started using software for viewing my video files synchronized to the GPS data files which deliver my camera Drive Pro 220.

I have read this thread but as I do not own a Mac but a Windows PC with Win 10 I would like to ask if the development of Registrator Viewer has been stopped or can we expect to get more development in future.

Comparing to Dashcam Viewer the software is good but some features are missing like altitude or al least I hace not found it :)

making a comparison between Dashcam Viewer and Registrator Viewer both have Pros and Cons.

Thanks and regards Rainer

The author of Registrator Viewer was killed in a motorcycle accident last year :(, so no further development is likely to happen.

The author of Registrator Viewer was killed in a motorcycle accident last year :(, so no further development is likely to happen.

Thank you and yes I read about the death of Vadim but wondered as you are developing the same for Mac if that Team would continue with Registrator Viewer but now after reading your answer I guess no and I assume that the source code is not available.

I do like free software. as most people do, but I like good software more, even if it has a cost.

OK, then we will have to watch what comes from the Dashcam Viewer software side made by John from Earthshinesoftware.

Again Thanks and regards
Rainer

added a few minutes later: The Transcend software named " Drive Pro Toolbox " is a joke :) absolutely useless for serious route watching

Last edited:
altitude was never supported in all models with Registrator Viewer, the Mac version is done by a different developer so may get further updates still

altitude was never supported in all models with Registrator Viewer, the Mac version is done by a different developer so may get further updates still

I've often wondered about altitude support in DataKam Player for Mac. Altitude appears on screen as a parameter but I've never known if it is only available to a certain limited set of cameras, or never fully developed.

datakamplayer.jpg

some of the Ambarella cameras support it, basically the full functionality of the program is for Datakam cameras, others that use the same hardware as Datakam use benefit from that association

some of the Ambarella cameras support it, basically the full functionality of the program is for Datakam cameras, others that use the same hardware as Datakam use benefit from that association

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

HI,

OK, thanks, I understand. :)

HI,

OK, thanks, I understand. :)

Hi,

I am back again :) and sorry for being a PITA :eek:

Having taken a closer look at RegistratorViewer I found out " Altitude " is supported in v 6.0.0.8 to so need to improve anything at least for the moment

;)

Hi,

I am back again :) and sorry for being a PITA :eek:

Having taken a closer look at RegistratorViewer I found out " Altitude " is supported in v 6.0.0.8 to so need to improve anything at least for the moment

;)

even though the software supports it you will find it's still only for some models of camera that it works

even though the software supports it you will find it's still only for some models of camera that it works

Hi,

The Transcend DrivePro 220 is not listed in the huge list of supported cameras, but RegistratorViewer does perfectly read the Video files as well as the *.nmea files.

Great :)

Hi,

The Transcend DrivePro 220 is not listed in the huge list of supported cameras, but RegistratorViewer does perfectly read the Video files as well as the *.nmea files.

Great :)

the list wasn't up to date, there are lots of models that do work that aren't on the list, some because the support had been added but the list just hadn't been updated, others by proxy as the chipset and format matches a supported model, always worth a try even if not listed as a supported model

Please, discuss all bugs and suggestions with Andrey in this thread.

Hi Andrey
Please help me.
I have used version 2.4 (71) a few times with no problem. But now I just get a black screen and nothing happens when I open a DashCam file that used to play fine
If I try to load some of the old videos that worked fine I by right clicking the file and then open with "DashKam Viewer" I get an error message

The DataKam Player cannot op files of the Quick Time Movie format. Strange the very same file played a few days a go.

I use Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. Do I need to register my copy or ???

Kind regards

Got a problem using Datakam on my MacBook Pro. Managed to play a video from my NextBase Duo with Datakam just once, the first time I ran it. Now it just doesn't play. I load Datakam; the screen shows black. I try to open a file but no response from the program. I've uninstalled/re-installed but no luck in getting it to work. Any suggestions?
I have exactly the same situation.

I have a Grdian defender, nice little Cam, but the GPS into is in log files separate from the video. There is lat/long/speed info on the video screen. How do I use the GPS info to show location on the map window?

If you have a Windows PC, you can extract the GPS info from the screen using a program called GPX Extractor. This can then be used with the DataKam player to show the location on the map window.

Could use some help with Datakam
Datakam released Player Mac.

Users like Datakam Player for Windows (also known as RegistratorViewer). So we decided to create the same application for Mac. Result of our work you could see on the screenshot below.

DatakamPlayerCut.png

Of course there are lot of things to work on. But at the moment Datakam Player supports dash cams from: Mini, BlackVue and Datakam; it allows to cut video fragments from one file or file group.

Download link is here.

You are welcome to make feature requests and submit bug reports.
Datakam Player 2.0 released. Now it allows to cut video fragments from video file or video file list.

Download link is here.

I'm having an issue with datakam install on my Mac (OSX 10.7.5). Datakam window opens but is a blank screen and will not open any of my dash cam files (street guardian). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Robert

Back