Best Single Dashcam with parking recording feature

makkan00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
I have been reading different thread on this forum and more I read, more I get confused and undecided.
I live in UK and I am after a best dashcam (just the front) with parking recording feature.

After spending few hours, I shortlisted
- IROAD IONE 3800
- Blackvue DR500Gw

The thread of first one is scary and people are complaining.

And Blackvue night time recording is not better.

So back to my question. Which dashcam is best considering I need just the front and requires something which can record while parked.

Many thanks.

Did you consider the GT550W from foxoffer for example?
Good quality in day and night + parking mode (needs permanent power).

There are many good day and night video recording dash cams out there and most of them has motion detection recording. The "problem" is lens view angle on some of them not that wide and time lag from the moment when moving object enters dash cam lens view angle till actual recording starts. Most of them starts recording too late, when object is already gone. So it's all about sensitivity and how quick recording start has dash camera.

Good sample of how most cameras records motion detections ( too late ):

For me motion detection recording when car is parked is also very important. From all dash cameras that I have tested, only one can stand out: Panorama2 from Powerucc. Developer adjusted few time with firmware updates motion detection recording sensitivity and now it's the only one that I can recommend with good night / day video recording, having capacitor instead of battery, LCD screen, high quality built, reliable, and price. If look into it as a whole package vs price, - this is dash camera is for me.
But of course nearly "every day" many new dash cameras coming out ( Korean, Taiwan, China ) and I am sure there can be other good dash cameras out there that will suits each person requirements. The problem is that- who is going to buy all of them to give an independent evaluation ?

There are many good day and night video recording dash cams out there and most of them has motion detection recording. The "problem" is lens view angle on some of them not that wide and time lag from the moment when moving object enters dash cam lens view angle till actual recording starts. Most of them starts recording too late, when object is already gone. So it's all about sensitivity and how quick recording start has dash camera.

Good sample of how most cameras records motion detections ( too late ):

For me motion detection recording when car is parked is also very important. From all dash cameras that I have tested, only one can stand out: Panorama2 from Powerucc. Developer adjusted few time with firmware updates motion detection recording sensitivity and now it's the only one that I can recommend with good night / day video recording, having capacitor instead of battery, LCD screen, high quality built, reliable, and price. If look into it as a whole package vs price, - this is dash camera is for me.
But of course nearly "every day" many new dash cameras coming out ( Korean, Taiwan, China ) and I am sure there can be other good dash cameras out there that will suits each person requirements. The problem is that- who is going to buy all of them to give an independent evaluation ?

Thanks for this.
Going to look into it.

None of the listing say anything about GPS or parking mode?

I did not know that you wanted GPS. But soon there should be external GPS available for the GT550W. The parking mode is called "motion detection" fro the GT300W/GT550W/DOD LS300W...

@niko
I read the thread about the powerucc panorama II. But I thought that even with the newest firmware you have to activate the motion detection/parking mode manually each time you park.

I did not know that you wanted GPS. But soon there should be external GPS available for the GT550W. The parking mode is called "motion detection" fro the GT300W/GT550W/DOD LS300W...

@niko
I read the thread about the powerucc panorama II. But I thought that even with the newest firmware you have to activate the motion detection/parking mode manually each time you park.
Yes, you are right.
There are no out there yet such a dash camera which would have very good night / day video recording and auto-parking motion detection. Yes, there are few ones which actually has auto-parking / motion detection stand-by function, but their performance is not as good as Panorama2. Hope you know what I mean.

I have sorted out this issue for myself by setting Panorama2 on always motion detection recording and it works for me perfectly on daily bases driving. It goes into standby after 30sec if there is no motion detection, so every day driving there is always some kind of movement even if you stucked in the dtraffic or standing behind a traffic-lights. Even with motion detection ON, and when always driving, - it still does not leaves any gaps between video clips. So I am happy with this solution until they will release a firmware update. If not, then it still works OK for me.
The only thing you need to buy is battery discharge prevention device.

Thank you for your helpfull Information Niko.
Because this means, that it works just as well as the GT550W (where you have as well only a parking mode). Yesterday I ordered a GT550W (and already have a GT300W), otherwise I might have ordered a Panorama2 now.

This information might be as well usefull for the thread about the panorama2, where you are already active as well :).

Last edited:
I think GT550W is also a great dash camera within its price-range. It would be un-fair to compare them two, because they are from different categories ( especially price ). You can not compare Ford Fiesta to Ford Mondeo., - it would be unfair.

If you want to know more about Panorama2 ( maybe for next purchase ), then you may contact "adorfer", - he is also from Germany, bought Panorama2 as well.

So there is not a single dashcam which is excellent in all aspects....

Bit disappointed.

So there is not a single dashcam which is excellent in all aspects....

Bit disappointed.
Well, there is, the Panorama2 or GT550W. Which features do you dislike about them? The Panorama2 even offers optional GPS and both (GT550W/Panorama2) have a good night time quality in comparison to other cams.

Well, there is, the Panorama2 or GT550W. Which features do you dislike about them? The Panorama2 even offers optional GPS and both (GT550W/Panorama2) have a good night time quality in comparison to other cams.
Thanks for replying.
I am not being funny, but I am after wi-fi, and GPS enabled camera which looks good when installed.

Panorama 2 is bit chunky and looks like mini-DSLR installed on the car (no offense to anybody). Niko had to come up with his own way of recording the video when enabled via motion detection.

Looking at the options with wi-fi I am left with
BlackVue camera
Cowon Auto Capsule AW1

I am inclined toward the later one as its night time video seems better. However GPS is external. Any comments on that?

What do you think of this video?
It appears to me that iTronics ITB-100HD is better during the nights / low light but otherwise its over exposed.
Whereas Cowon AW1 works excellent in normal daylight but reasonable when its dark.

What do you think of this video?
It appears to me that iTronics ITB-100HD is better during the nights / low light but otherwise its over exposed.
Whereas Cowon AW1 works excellent in normal daylight but reasonable when its dark.

In this video I would say that the ITB performs best day and night in comparison to the others.
AFAIK external GPS has better reception and quicker "picks" up satellites, so I would opt external over internal GPS.

Thanks for you comment. ITB is defo better but no internal wi-fi.

How about this video?

Ok, considering wi-fi is must for me and decent video quality.
After comparing few items, I have bought Cowon AW1.
Best part is that it will come from UK and if any problem arise, I will be able to return it soon.
Thanks guys for your input.

Good that you found what you needed. Anyway dash cams are getting better by time. So if you now found one which is good for the front, by the time you want to upgrade you could use this one for the back. And just to mention it, YouTube is not always the best way to compare cameras, as YouTube compresses the videos. It is always better to compare the raw files if available.

Good that you found what you needed. Anyway dash cams are getting better by time. So if you now found one which is good for the front, by the time you want to upgrade you could use this one for the back. And just to mention it, YouTube is not always the best way to compare cameras, as YouTube compresses the videos. It is always better to compare the raw files if available.

Thanks.
Here is short review and videos of my dashcam.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/cowon-auto-capsule-aw1.516/page-2#post-26845

Back