Remove Links from Signatures

I think there are really 2 kinds of customers. Ones that want top notch service and ones that want the lowest price. For top notch service, buy from a local retailer, Costco, Best Buy or if you want online Amazon. Price is higher though. For rock bottom prices buy from China (eBay, Aliexpress, Gearbest, etc) and cross your fingers that the product is fine and wait for it to arrive. If you receive the product problem free, you are happy. If not, unfortunately that is a risk you are taking for rock bottom prices. Could happen with any of the Chinese vendors not just Gearbest. It is the nature of the low-cost, buy from China market. The one positive thing is that Gearbest sells legitimate products as opposed to some of the Chinese marketplaces which is loaded with fakes / knock-offs.

Problem is people want top notch service at rock bottom prices.

if buying from China it's really a case of only spend what you're prepared to lose, if things go pear shaped, and they will in a certain percentage of cases regardless of which vendor, that's just luck of the draw, if it goes well then it's a bargain and everyone is happy

I think there are really 2 kinds of customers. Ones that want top notch service and ones that want the lowest price. For top notch service, buy from a local retailer, Costco, Best Buy or if you want online Amazon. Price is higher though. For rock bottom prices buy from China (eBay, Aliexpress, Gearbest, etc) and cross your fingers that the product is fine and wait for it to arrive. If you receive the product problem free, you are happy. If not, unfortunately that is a risk you are taking for rock bottom prices. Could happen with any of the Chinese vendors not just Gearbest. It is the nature of the low-cost, buy from China market. The one positive thing is that Gearbest sells legitimate products as opposed to some of the Chinese marketplaces which is loaded with fakes / knock-offs.

As an early dash cam adopter I still remember hanging on your advice about which Alli Express vendor to buy from based on sales numbers and orange vs blue menus on the GS1000 where we had no way to know exactly what firmware we were getting. And there were few other places to buy dash cams. Things have come a long way...:)....(or sometimes not;))

That bolded part is so hard for some here to understand.
GB is in spotlight here because someone comes screaming about their bad experience and all jump the bandwagon.
If you search for other vendors in other forums, there'll be 100's of negative experiences.
It's dashcam forum so obviously have many dashcam feedback threads.
Go to RCGroups and you'll have complains against every single Chinese vendor that sells drones.
Again, CS is one issue that vendor will deal with buyer, not DCT's concern.
If you are the buyer, it concerns you, otherwise take a note of how it's being handled and be done with it. Don't buy it from the vendor if that's what you learn from the threads but no need shout everywhere.
That should not be a concern of DCT members who are not the buyer nor forum admin as it's not our job to tell a vendor how they should do business.
Why do people who have done no business with a vendor mentioned in threads spend hours googling trying to find negative post about unrelated vendor and make DCT a collection of negative vibe, I don't understand.
One complains about a vendor and many users collect all the negatives about that vendor in the web and dump it here in DCT.

Last edited:
not sure the forum software could do that, would be better, effectively it's just like a private conversation

that would keep the board cleaner, the challenge with private conversations in some cases is the service levels sometimes are not quite as good as when the issue is made public
It's not private conversation as it'll be in feedback forum so all members can see it but posts will be restricted to the concerned parties.
For example, if someone says a DCT vendor is great, only that vendor can post "Thank you" and similarly, post a resolution and follow ups/updates for complaints.
Other DCT members can read it and follow how resolution went but not throw dirt and make that thread unusable.
Not sure if that's doable (may need to tag the vendor in 1st post for software to grab that) but it'll clean up so much here and other members still can learn from vendors'/buyers' update/resolution.
It's like a dumping site as soon as someone complains about a vendor, not only GB but there are few threads on other vendors where it went on pages and pages of posts from unrelated members.

Last edited:
So, all links has to remove in signatures ?
damn, I dont hope to sell anything on DCT, just want to post a link to increase rank in google search. :(
is there anyway to do it ?
ok this is timely, while on the subject of tainted reviews this just landed in my inbox a few minutes ago, I'd guess there are probably others here that will get the same message

suggest everyone take a close look at the attached image and understand this is how they work

View attachment 24418
ah ha, so that's how techmoan earns his money. Ha ha ha.
Fake reviews/lies is another off topic issue from the original topic here but it's a derailed thread now and serves no purpose than venting after having fight with your spouse ;).
Dashcams are few things where reviews can't be fake due to the fact that what's posted is what they do, ie video.
One can see whether video/audio is good or bad from the samples.
They can sent you a mod firmware's product to make image quality better. How can you know they dont do it ?

Last edited:
not enough to give up his day job but that along with YouTube revenue would certainly help pay for his hobby of buying things to review
Only if you can drive a lot of sales from your links. ;)
Actually, I've never thought referral links have that high amount payout for a dashcam.
I can understand that for big ticket items.

Only if you can drive a lot of sales from your links. ;)
Actually, I've never thought referral links have that high amount payout for a dashcam.
I can understand that for big ticket items.

his YouTube channel has close to 285k subscribers, 63 million views (you can look up the stats on what revenue that's worth) and all reviews have referral links, maybe not much money for each referral but it's a numbers game

his YouTube channel has close to 285k subscribers, 63 million views (you can look up the stats on what revenue that's worth) and all reviews have referral links, maybe not much money for each referral but it's a numbers game
I meant the image you posted had $5 each so that's high payout.

I meant the image you posted had $5 each so that's high payout.
ha ha ha. I guess you feel sorry about your reviews. Well, It's time to renegociate with gearbest. Make them pay more than free dashcams. Even free dashcams are still cheap. Maybe 3$ for everydashcam they sell ? :D

ok this is timely, while on the subject of tainted reviews this just landed in my inbox a few minutes ago, I'd guess there are probably others here that will get the same message

suggest everyone take a close look at the attached image and understand this is how they work

View attachment 24418
I received three of the same. Thought I was special until I saw this post :(

I have had ones like this before, this was the first that specifically put a dollar value on the referrals though

likewise I get emailed often by people asking for free product in exchange for favorable reviews on all sorts of websites, Amazon etc, they don't get anywhere either

Tbf @Sunny I'm one of those vendors which had a lot of negative comments about, but I addressed them (and I still am).

I think what frustrates a lot of people about GB is it's:

'Same ****, different day'.

Ie: Everyone is making the same complaints yet they do nothing. They have no interest in improving it seems.

Tbf @Sunny I'm one of those vendors which had a lot of negative comments about, but I addressed them (and I still am).

Ie: Everyone is making the same complaints yet they do nothing. They have no interest in improving it seems.
And we all notice how issues are handled by different vendors but it's not DCT's job to tell you or any vendor how to do your business unless specifically asked for suggestions.
Forum rules is what many brought up in a CS complaint thread and that makes no sense.
We are not policing business practices of vendors who come to dct.
If one doesn't like how a complaint is being handled, make a note and same goes the other way.
There are sites all over the www to research on a vendor.
DCT is not a dedicated complaint resolution forum.
Someone screaming here gets support just because and threads like these become highlight of dct where many members who have never dealt with mentioned vendors think it's their only place to vent.
We all can follow threads for resolution without making DCT a dumping site from members who go out and collect garbage from all over.
Buyer complains, seller resolves it or not.
Other unrelated members s don't need to piggyback.
I joined this forum before I started reviewing for information and knowledge about dashcams that should be main focus, not for discussing about vendors' CS and business model.

Last edited:
And we all notice how issues are handled by different vendors but it's not DCT's job to tell you or any vendor how to do your business unless specifically asked for suggestions.
Forum rules is what many brought up in a CS complaint thread and that makes no sense.
We are not policing business practices of vendors who come to dct.
If one doesn't like how a complaint is being handled, make a note and same goes the other way.
There are sites all over the www to research on a vendor.
DCT is not a dedicated complaint resolution forum.
Someone screaming here gets support just because and threads like these become highlight of dct where many members who have never dealt with mentioned vendors think it's their only place to vent.
We all can follow threads for resolution without making DCT a dumping site from members who go out and collect garbage from all over.
I joined this forum before I started reviewing for information and knowledge about dashcams that should be main focus, not for discussing about vendors' CS and business model.

I completely agree - but customers when things don't go their way want to get as much attention to their issue as possible and as such, go to an active community - in this instance, DCT.

I don't think there's one solution over another, all solutions have downsides. One approach could be that only the vendor can respond to their feedback thread, I'm not sure how you would implement that but it would mean then that threads don't become bitching hotspots, and the vendor can deal directly with the customer and everyone can easily see the resolution.

The other option could be put a minimum of 10 posts before you can post in the vendor feedback section (or 5?) but this again has huge downsides.

Another and final option is for a while maybe suspend the vendor section, or when you post it has to be moderated by DashCamMan, but again huge downsides.

Hopefully this will die down soon and we can all get back to why we are here - discovering, discussing, and analyzing dashcams.

@JooVuu
Yes, that was the first thing that came in my mind when these types of threads went haywire, restrict it between the customer and seller.
If that's doable, great.
Limiting to 10 post or even 100 or even 1000 won't work as we have senior members who vent life's frustration in someone's complaint.
Moderating 100's of posts in a thread like this will make admin full time job and not worth.
The problem is this thread will die and another pissed off buyer from a vendor will come here screaming and same thing will repeat.
It's not the vendor and pissed off customer that's the problem as they both have rights to complain or resolve issue that relates to them.
Problem is all other who piggyback on the issue that doesn't relate to them at all and just keep on making those threads longer than most useful discussions in DCT.

Last edited:
How is about: let's the forums exits for sharing knowledge and helping each other ?
If only for discovering, disscussing and analyzing dashcams, there will be a few ppl will stay with dashcamtalk.
And if only talk about dashcam, not about buying dashcam, why do these sub -forums: "what should I buy" ? "vendor feelback section" exit ? why don't delete these ?
PS: And delete these sections too: best dashcam of 2016 and the homepage of this forums.

@JooVuu - Dan, I applaud you for this forthcoming reply and for taking steps to address the issues of concern and complaints a number of people had raised.

At the same time, you've identified the exact reason that this forum should be open for members to express any and all concerns they experience or may have opinions about. Without a public airing of these complaints and issues, then the problems members and buyers experience would not likely ever get addressed at all. Of course, product developers/vendors like yourself who don't take authentic steps to remedy problems and complaints are perpetuating a disservice to both the customer and the vendor alike. At the end of the day, customers seeks good products at a fair price along with honest dealings from vendors and manufacturers and vendors/manufacturers seek growing sales and profits. That can only occur in a place like DCT if everyone communicates what they think, feel and experience.

People like @Sunny who seeks to limit what people can and cannot say or who is permitted to say what, are merely self serving obfuscators who wish to suppress any negative opinions about their motives and who they are really beholden to. Curiously, such behavior and attitude is oddly reminiscent of many of today's politicians who dodge questions, change the subject and blame the media for doing their job.

Back