SIV-M9/SH800 Update issue.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I have been working with a dual lens camera. Sometimes called the SH800 sometimes called the SIV-M9. I have a firmware update for it. I put it on the root of my card, but the camera refuses to update. There is a menu choice to start the update, but it just blue screens for a second and then goes back to the menu without updating. I have tried two different update files.

The original file name is FW96655A.bin I have tried a few different file names and still had no luck. Once I can get it updated an hopefully get the issue I have with it fixed I'll be reviewing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01DNX1ZXGHere is an Amazon page for the camera. I have also contacted one of the sellers and never got a response.
Does anyone have any ideas why I can not get it to update?
Thanks.

Maybe try a different power source if it's USB?
It uses a Mini plug.
I've tried it in my car. I tried it in a wall outlet I tried updating with just the front camera I tried different sized cards. I still can't figure it out.

ask them for the correct bootloader file, sounds like it's incorrect for the firmware version you have and you need to update the loader first

ask them for the correct bootloader file, sounds like it's incorrect for the firmware version you have and you need to update the loader first
Thanks. I just asked and hopefully we can get everything sorted out.

Back