@VIOFO.new firmware for A118C motion detection sensitivity?

"https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-new-firmware-a118-20160130.17750/page-2"

"Thank you, we will think about the motion detection sensitivity, someone reported the sensitivity is too low in other cameras, it can be improved."

Dear Viofo,
Are you going to release new firmware soon for A118C "Motion detection sensitivity-user adjustable" or you just thinking about it?
Thank you.. :D:D:):)

I've sent "VIOFO" email twice ( Jun 15 & Jun18,2016) to the customer service ( VIOFO LTD <support@viofo.com> ) about "motion detection sensitiveness -user adjustable" but no reply still.
What a ignorance.....
They don't care about user(S) about A118C I guess.

We are working on new firmware include this feature.
Also planned a series improvement for VIOFO A118C, it will take about 1 to 2 month to release.

My a118 and a118c will soon be relegated to side camera duty but firmware and feature updates will be welcome. Please don't take away 720p60 though. The higher frame rate will help details a lot as a side facing camera.

My a118 and a118c will soon be relegated to side camera duty but firmware and feature updates will be welcome. Please don't take away 720p60 though. The higher frame rate will help details a lot as a side facing camera.
Of course not just for firmware, also on hardware, but I can not share more due to still working on that.

Why improve the a118 if it will then be competing against the new a119? It's like the way GM cannibalizes its own sales by selling the same vehicle under several different badges.
Chevy trailblazer, Buick Rainier, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender, Oldsmobile Bravada, Saab 9-7X - these are all the same vehicle with only minor trim differences.

Improve the a118 very much and it'll almost be an a119 and end up being the same as what GM does.

To me, the differences between the 118 and 119 are similar to the differences between git1 and git2, except the 119 doesn't have image stabilization. And the 119 is better at night than the 118. Ok so maybe that's not a good comparison :p but hopefully you get my point.

Why improve the a118 if it will then be competing against the new a119? It's like the way GM cannibalizes its own sales by selling the same vehicle under several different badges.
Chevy trailblazer, Buick Rainier, GMC Envoy, Isuzu Ascender, Oldsmobile Bravada, Saab 9-7X - these are all the same vehicle with only minor trim differences.

Improve the a118 very much and it'll almost be an a119 and end up being the same as what GM does.

To me, the differences between the 118 and 119 are similar to the differences between git1 and git2, except the 119 doesn't have image stabilization. And the 119 is better at night than the 118. Ok so maybe that's not a good comparison :p but hopefully you get my point.
There are still something can be improved on A118C like using metal lens holder etc.
We'd like to make it as a best "budget" dash cam, make a obvious difference with copy version.

There are still something can be improved on A118C like using metal lens holder etc.
We'd like to make it as a best "budget" dash cam, make a obvious difference with copy version.

I bought a A118c from Gearbest weeks ago, it means is a original "VIOFO" model ?? I had bad experience with this model, stop working well at 3th day....

Im thinking if buy another a118c or wait for a119c or better model from another brand that works well with sunny weather

Back