Ddpai m6 plus

Petrolhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have not seen any discussions on this camera on here, has anyone tried? I'm seriously considering one. If no one else has tried i'll post my opinion on it when it arrives.
What memory card would be recommended for an a12 1440 cam? Lexar 633x or 1000x?

Techmoan just reviewed it.

Think i'll get one.

What memory card would be recommended for an a12 1440 cam? Lexar 633x or 1000x?
If you're referring to the M6+, it doesn't have an A12 chipset. It's a Huawei.

the image looks good. But bitrate is 10 Mbps and their adv is 1440p (2k) seem not posible. With encode: h264, 1440p deman at least 24 Mbps.
I think the image quality is about 1080p. I have seen few raw at 1440p using A12 chipset. It's not like that.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

the image looks good. But bitrate is 10 Mbps and their adv is 1440p (2k) seem not posible. With encode: h264, 1440p deman at least 24 Mbps.
I think the image quality is about 1080p. I have seen few raw at 1440p using A12 chipset. It's not like that.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
Maybe because the Huawei chipset does a better job with only 10Mbps, video quality wise, than the A12? And for 24fps YT only recommends 16Mbps, not 24.

Techmoan need to take those dashcams to tree-lined roads in the daytime, just to see what kind of blocking they can throw up.

Definitely looks above 1080p to me.

My concerns would be: only 25fps, 10mbit seems low for 1440p, magnetic mount and has a battery

Does it take stills with the emergency button footage and auto transfer to your phone?

Also there's no emergency button on the actual dashcam? Don't lose the remote :p

It is. He said he chose that resolution right from the beginning of the video.

My concerns would be: only 25fps, 10mbit seems low for 1440p, magnetic mount and has a battery

Does it take stills with the emergency button footage and auto transfer to your phone?

Also there's no emergency button on the actual dashcam? Don't lose the remote :p
Techmoan has provided some clips to download. These are 2560x1440, no idea on the bitrate.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Techmoan has provided some clips to download. These are 2560x1440, no idea on the bitrate.
I downloaded a daytime and a night time videos. The 1st is 10.7 Mbps (10844kbps) and the 2nd is 10.5 Mbps (10551kbps).

Just watched the review, cant wait for mine to arrive. Regarding the bitrate, perhaps this is using h264+ or h265 encoding, the current hikvision cctv products i am using in the field have roughly half the storage and streaming bandwidth requirements when every device in the chain is capable of the more efficient encoding?

Ok, it has arrived but the option for time lapse recording is missing as is the ability to turn off the incriminating speed display on the video. Any ideas? App says i am on the latest firmware.

What firmware do you have? Techmoan's video had v3.3.0.28. Are you at least that?

App was saying i had latest fw, but it wasn't. I deleted the app and reinstalled then it allowed me to update and time lapse is there. New feature called e-dog, no idea what it does though.

Thanks. Not fitted it yet because i'm too hungover to mess with a vehicle but vidro quality at home is great

Do you plan to use the Time-lapse/parking features which means hardwiring to a battery pack like Techmoan or a hardwire kit to your car's battery?

Got a hardwire adaptor with low voltage cutout so hopefully won't drain the battery. My van has a huuuuuuge battery which should help.

What card is recommended for this cam? Im new to all this..

1 problem I had was recording in 1440 and it wouldn't play back because my iphone is not compatible. Something to note for other beginners.

Back