The forum is randomly very slow to respond (16.07.2016)

Module 79L

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Dash Cam
AT11DA, SG9665XS, G1W-H
@DashCamMan, yesterday it gave me this error...

Forum error.png

...several times and today it has been very slow the whole morning. I just hope it's not a server problem again.

Last edited:
running fine here, the warning pops up if you try to post too quickly after finishing a post, that's something to slow down spambots and also needed for database management as well I believe

running fine here, the warning pops up if you try to post too quickly after finishing a post, that's something to slow down spambots and also needed for database management as well I believe
It's not the internet connection because other sites are working normally.

The error message appeared everytime I tried to post a random, non-consecutive reply.

Now something else is happening: I clicked "Reply" on your post to quote your answer, the gray rectangle with the 3 blinking bars appeared on the top right corner of the page, stayed there for 35 secs and disappeared without the quote appearing in the reply box. I had to click "Reply" 3 times (they also stayed for the same time before disappearing) before the quote appeared in the reply box! :confused:

That's a flood control message to prevent spambots from posting many consecutive messages. Not sure why it would be coming up for your posts. No site issues that i am aware of.

running as fast as normal here, it might not be the site, could be your ISP, routing issue etc
It happened from time to time, when I entered a sub-forum or clicked on a link for a thread, but not always. It was when I wanted to post a reply that it happened all the time.

Now I'm on a different computer with a different internet connection and I had to click twice on the "Reply" button before the quote appeareed in the message box. I'll be testing it during the rest of the day to see if happens again.
....................................................................................................................................................

Edit: when I clicked "Post reply" to send this message the gray rectangle stayed on for 27 secs, then disappeared and the post was not sent to the forum. Had to to click again.

That's a flood control message to prevent spambots from posting many consecutive messages. Not sure why it would be coming up for your posts. No site issues that i am aware of.
I'm aware of the flood control but that couldn't be it because the post on the screen grab was my first of the day.

Last edited:
Yup, still doing it. Just now I clicked on the smilies button on a reply, it hanged for the same 30 something seconds and the smilies bar didn't appear. Once again, clicked it one more time and it appeared immediately. This random behavior is weird.

No problem here.

Even with a different ISP it could still be a routing issue, they generally share the undersea links, try running a tracert to the server

Forum works fine from the states. As jokiin said, it's probably a routing issue, I used to have some American websites that would run slow (and would route through the weirdest places, causing a ping of 450ish vs the usual 150) when I was living overseas, then they would randomly start working fine again.

Even with a different ISP it could still be a routing issue, they generally share the undersea links, try running a tracert to the server

(...) it's probably a routing issue, (...)
Well, that's all beyond my realm of expertise. I haven't been here since yesterday but now it seems to be working fine again.

It's fine today in my place :)
Maybe you can change your computer or change the internet connection :)
Maybe your computer has some virus or worm, they can make your computer slow or some strange things happen when surfing internet.

Well, that's all beyond my realm of expertise. I haven't been here since yesterday but now it seems to be working fine again.

if you get this anytime just pen a command prompt and enter

tracert www.dashcamtalk.com

that will trace the route between you and the server and you can look for any anomalies

tracert.jpg

Maybe you can change your computer or change the internet connection :)
Three computers and two different internet connections can't all be wrong at the same time. ;)

Maybe your computer has some virus or worm, they can make your computer slow or some strange things happen when surfing internet.
They're all clean but even if there was some sort of infection it wouldn't affect only one site.

The problem wasn't the overall browsing speed. What happened was that DCT took a long time to respond to any command, such as going back one page, posting a reply, opening the smilies bar, quoting posts, etc.

Just happened again when I clicked in the Alerts link to come to this thread: had to wait about 30secs before this page opened.

Ok, did it the last time it hanged. Here are the results:

Tracert 1.png

nothing to complain about there, the second hop is just a border router from your ISP, they often don't respond, the next hop is quite low so no red flags there, you get there in 12 hops which is good

Back