New firmware v2.005 10Mbps bitrate

bobby14

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tested out the new v2.005 firmware. File size 76.7MB. I upgraded from the legacy non-cloud firmware so I miss having the waving hand to turn off mic feature.

10_MBPS_BIT_RATE.jpg

With the cloud version how (can you) toggle the mic to off or on? Being able to easily turn off / on the mic "was" a feature at one time. I understand that feature now creates an event.. but for how long? Snapping the visor to create an event seemed like an easier alternative.

I think the only way to turn it on or off is through the settings in the options. The waving hand now creates a manual recording designated file names are MF and they are 1min long. File sizes are all 76.6 in all modes but parking mode is 15fps. I don't get why parking mode 15fps still has the same file size. Is it only so the camera doesn't work as hard while in parking mode?

The thinkware F770 has a low fps parking mode to increase recording time. I compared to some old files I have of F750 and the bitrate was 10.1Mbps. Blackvue now is 10.4Mbps.

Last edited:
I think the only way to turn it on or off is through the settings in the options.

That..is real handy and a safety hazard as well. Most folk I suspect do not have the audio on all the time and turn it on only to record an event that is happening or is just about to happen. Now, If I see something I want to have audio for.. as in.. recording a license plate of a recklessly driven car I will have to get out my tablet.. log on.. change settings etc.. all while trying not to drive while distracted.

Makes me wonder just what level of intelligence those programmers that Pitasoft employs have.

I find it hard to imagine this is a common usage scenario
That would be an interesting survey. Audio on .. or off?
Personally.. I think recording what is going on in the car seems a bit voyeuristic.. kind of spying on your friends..

That would be an interesting survey. Audio on .. or off?
Personally.. I think recording what is going on in the car seems a bit voyeuristic.. kind of spying on your friends..

people generally have it on or off (mostly on), the scenario of having it off and wanting to enable it when they think something is about to happen seems a bit obscure, for those that do run with it on constantly the main reason I hear of people toggling it off is during phone calls that they don't want recorded

I never knew people turned off their mics. Mine is always on, why would anyone want it off?

I never knew people turned off their mics. Mine is always on, why would anyone want it off?
Because your friends might find it kind of creepy if they knew you were recording their conversations ?? Do you tell them.. have a sign displaying the fact that they are being taped...

I always have it on. If I need to send the file to someone and said something I don't want heard, I just edit the audio out.

Because your friends might find it kind of creepy if they knew you were recording their conversations ?? Do you tell them.. have a sign displaying the fact that they are being taped...
I've never had someone complain about the camera recording everything, and it's not like it sends the information to the NSA, so I can't see how it can hurt to have it on, heh. I guess we just don't have issues being recorded in Denmark in general.

The DR650S has the waving audio function.

Capture.jpg

I wonder about that last feature. Event Parking Mode recording voice notification upon ignition. A hard wired camera using the PMP (power magic pro) does not have an opportunity to sense ignition.. I think..

With the cloud version how (can you) toggle the mic to off or on? Being able to easily turn off / on the mic "was" a feature at one time. I understand that feature now creates an event.. but for how long? Snapping the visor to create an event seemed like an easier alternative.

I guess it was a feature important enough for them to come out with a new S model..

I wonder about that last feature. Event Parking Mode recording voice notification upon ignition. A hard wired camera using the PMP (power magic pro) does not have an opportunity to sense ignition.. I think..

I think this means as it switches out of parking mode. Even with PMP it will switch from parking to normal mode (based on G-sensor)

Back