Registrator Viewer A119 GPS Issue

wutang

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an A119 and when I review the footage using Registrator Viewer, the GPS/Speed information doesn't show or map. The camera itself shows the coordinates and speed.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible RV isn't compatible with the A119?

I've tried using Dashcam Viewer and the GPS/speed works, however I find that program lags on my computer.

Thanks in advance.

The new Novatek chips' GPS info isn't compatible with registrator viewer.

Last edited:
The new Novatek chips' GPS info isn't compatible with registrator viewer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Ah thanks. That's too bad. I quite like the speed of the Registrator Viewer program over Dashcam Viewer.

Is there a PC Viewer that will show the GPS information?

If so, a link would be helpful.

RodeoGeorge

Hmm, I just download the latest DashCam Viewer and crashes every time I try to play a video. Running Windows 10. Anyone else having an issue with the latest version?

Hmm, I just download the latest DashCam Viewer and crashes every time I try to play a video. Running Windows 10. Anyone else having an issue with the latest version?

I had the crashing happen several times. But I found it was because it takes some time to load videos (a progress bar will appear). It takes maybe 15-30s each time, and then the video will stutter when I play it. Eventually it smooths out if I let it play long enough. I don't think this has to do with my computer power since I can play the videos fine with Registrator Viewer or with VLC/WMP no problem.

I think I will try downloading an older version to see if this problem was preexisting

I had an issue with DashCam viewer also. If your trying to watch anything higher then 1080, for example the default 1440 res on the A119 the viewer will not work. I found this out in the troubleshooting guide of DashCam viewer

I had an issue with DashCam viewer also. If your trying to watch anything higher then 1080, for example the default 1440 res on the A119 the viewer will not work. I found this out in the troubleshooting guide of DashCam viewer
Really? I've played 1440 from my DAB202 and DAB205 in the past. Actually played one yesterday, but couldn't get it to play twice which was weird.

I do not have that problem with Dashcam Viewer.

The 1440 files play fine.

I am using Version 2.1.7 on a Windows 8.1 Pro computer.

RodeoGeorge

I have version 2.1.7 on Windows 10. Got it work once yesterday. Nothing today. I don't get any progress bar either. Weird.

It says it depends on the camera. Are you using an A119 as well? If so I need to update my computer

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    484.7 KB · Views: 20
I have the same problem.
I have not found software that displays GPS on a map to the A119

I have the same problem.
I have not found software that displays GPS on a map to the A119

Dashcam Viewer displays the GPS and Map information fine with the latest version 2.1.7 of the program and the latest version of the A119 firmware.

I am using a Windows 8.1 computer.

What computer, program version, and firmware version are you using?

RodeoGeorge

Hello,

I am using a Windows 10 x64 10 computer ( Core I7 4910 - 16G of RAM - SSD)

The firmware of the camera is 0805 beta, which allowed me to fix a bug (request to format the TF card to each startup)

I tested the demo viewer dashcam, but it is heavy compared to Registrator Viewer that I use for my StreetGuardian.

I also find it quite expensive (the third of the price of the camera)

I look for a freeware if possible

I took some test video today with an A119. I loaded up the files into registrator viewer and it looks like it's playing the file but the screen is blank. The GPS shows up fine though.

If I play the video on windows media player the video displays fine.

Any ideas?

Ah sorry. Whatever the default is. I didn't play with the settings. Just got some video to try it

Back