New to SGZC12SG, some questions about brightness!

I just wanted to thank everyone that provided me input when I opened this thread for guidance! I have definitely learned a lot the past few days and could not be more grateful to find such a resourceful data mine of useful information. With that being said, I understand there is always room for improvement when it comes to technology but one area where I feel that does not need fixing is customer service provided by Street Guardian support, Pier28 and Jokiin. Pier28, understands and always listens to his clients and even though the current model SGZC12SG did not work for me now due to exposure issues I am absolutely sure with no hesitation will be back when their new product lines debut just because of their exception service.

In closing, thanks everyone for the awesome support! I will see you guys on the threads =)
Hope the service is as good as Pier28.
Hi Treble You had to sit it out a bit more and not to have been so hasty to return the SG. I hear a fix is close by. By the way what brand did you buy now, can you disclose that. I know you do ur just diligence with every detail so I am curious what you replaced it with.
As far as service and customer support the only other Seller I know that has a similar great customer rapport equal to Pier28 is Capture your Action.

@jackkk

For me, I actually preferred the Viofo A119 due to the higher resolution at 1440P which allowed more detail when capturing plates. In my comparisons during the daylight through A119's 1440p vs SGZC12SG 1080p, I was able to see about 10 more feet worth of detail was able to read the California license plates.

Night viewing the SGZC12SG showed better lighting but for whatever reason was much more over exposed causing more blur probably attributed to the sony lens processor. A119 although darker captured detail better at night even though the images were not as well lit.
Another issue is obviously the exposure issue.

Pier28 and Jokiin were excellent and could not ask for more in regards to customer service. I just made my own decision based off of my observations and picked what made more sense to me now. As stated before, once the over exposure is resolved and hopefully with the introduction of 1440p to capture better detail I will give SG a try again without any hesitation.

@jackkk

For me, I actually preferred the Viofo A119 due to the higher resolution at 1440P which allowed more detail when capturing plates. In my comparisons during the daylight through A119's 1440p vs SGZC12SG 1080p, I was able to see about 10 more feet worth of detail was able to read the California license plates.

Night viewing the SGZC12SG showed better lighting but for whatever reason was much more over exposed causing more blur probably attributed to the sony lens processor. A119 although darker captured detail better at night even though the images were not as well lit.
Another issue is obviously the exposure issue.

Pier28 and Jokiin were excellent and could not ask for more in regards to customer service. I just made my own decision based off of my observations and picked what made more sense to me now. As stated before, once the over exposure is resolved and hopefully with the introduction of 1440p to capture better detail I will give SG a try again without any hesitation.
well good luck to you I also love my A119. Hope you bought it from Capture Your Action as you will think you are still with Pier28 for the support.

well good luck to you I also love my A119. Hope you bought it from Capture Your Action as you will think you are still with Pier28 for the support.

Thanks jackkk, for all the wealth of information you have provided me =) I purchased the a119 through Spytec, I have implications as heard from Jokiin that spytec is reliable. I have contacted them regarding dead on arrival USB charger and awaiting replacement. So far so good, keeping my fingers crossed.

I am also waiting for my refund from Pier28 as we speak. Tracking shows the package has arrived at the destination today.

Thanks jackkk, for all the wealth of information you have provided me =) I purchased the a119 through Spytec, I have implications as heard from Jokiin that spytec is reliable. I have contacted them regarding dead on arrival USB charger and awaiting replacement. So far so good, keeping my fingers crossed.

I am also waiting for my refund from Pier28 as we speak. Tracking shows the package has arrived at the destination today.
Eventually any Seller will get back to you (24-48 hrs) to solve a techy problem but don't expect what you had with Pier28 they spoiled you lol. They get back to you within minutes not days. And don't forget they are very generous with solving problems even after 1 year. Keep in mind after one year if it breaks , you toss it. I cant talk for Pier28 all I know is that they are open to make you happy and satisfied even after 1 year.

Customer satisfaction, they are exceptional in that area ^_^

So, if the brightness problem is caused by Sonny sensor IMX322. Why don't we have any report this problem in korean dashcam ? Like blackvue, lukas and thinkware ?
I doubt about this. I guess Treble3318' dashcam just aimed too low. That's nomal to everydashcam when i drive in sun light, i aime my dashcam higher or lower, i can change brightness of image easily. Have you ever try to do this ? @Treble318 ?

So, if the brightness problem is caused by Sonny sensor IMX322. Why don't we have any report this problem in korean dashcam ? Like blackvue, lukas and thinkware ?
I doubt about this. I guess Treble3318' dashcam just aimed too low. That's nomal to everydashcam when i drive in sun light, i aime my dashcam higher or lower, i can change brightness of image easily. Have you ever try to do this ? @Treble318 ?

Hi thancam! Thanks for the input, I have tried it with different angles and along with pointing it up and down towards and away from the hood. Have you had the opportunity to look at the video on the original thread I posted? It shows the brightness symptoms I am experiencing. I corresponded with Pier28 and is suggested it was something they needed to look into so I sent it back in, could be an issue with the unit itself. We will see!

Because internet connection in my area, so i didnt look to your video. I used 12SG in a month and don't have issue like you. Maybe you just had bad luck.

Because internet connection in my area, so i didnt look to your video. I used 12SG in a month and don't have issue like you. Maybe you just had bad luck.

Hi thancam, thanks for the observation. Jokiin and Pier28 reviewed the video and asked me to ship the unit back in so I can only guess there was an issue with the camera.

Back