GPS Time Zone Calculator as a new feature on DCT?

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Date and Time is set by GPS automatically. Set the correct timezone. -8 west coast. -5 east coast

You know how DashCamTalk has a Recording Time Calculator?.....and a Dash Cam Comparison Tool? Many of these kinds of scripts for such tools are conveniently available online. Since the question of GPS timezone settings around the world comes up so often here on DCT, how about adding a GPS Time Zone Calculator/Converter as a new feature here?

Last edited:
good idea to have some sort of reference, surprising how many people have no idea what timezone they are in, probably doesn't need a calculator though, go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and click your local city or whatever time matches where you are and the timezone detail is listed

good idea to have some sort of reference, surprising how many people have no idea what timezone they are in, probably doesn't need a calculator though, go to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ and click your local city or whatever time matches where you are and the timezone detail is listed

Yes, of course, but I'm talking about adding something like that right here on DCT. Any webmaster can easily incorporate this kind of thing into their site with freely available scripts. The question comes up a lot, almost just as much as, "How long can I record on memory card?"

it seems to get a bit confusing for some people to get their head around when summer time offsets come into it, I wouldn't argue if there was something here though that people could be pointed at for reference

it seems to get a bit confusing for some people to get their head around when summer time offsets come into it, I wouldn't argue if there was something here though that people could be pointed at for reference

What month is this? :)

What month is this? :)

if you saw some of the questions we get regarding timezones and why the GPS doesn't automatically change this for summer etc you'd really start to wonder, seems there's quite a lot of people that have no concept of different timezones at all

actually I would have to say the confusion over timezones predominantly come from the US, possibly due to people referring to them by name rather than number so the concept seems to get a bit lost on some

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ToXIcG Forum Rules and Site Suggestions 1