Is Gearbest reputable?

fpark83

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking into the Mini 0805 for the rear. Is Gearbest a reputable company?

Also, they're out of stock on Amazon. Does that mean this dash cam is outdated? Should I get something else?

Thanks

I'm a mini 0805 fan. I'm NOT a gearbest fan. I see some great deals from them but go ahead a do a search on them before spending good money. i bought my 0805 on Amazon prime from seller SplashETech. but it seems they're out of stock. the 0805 is no longer new so it may just be that they're being discontinued.

Also, they're out of stock on Amazon. Does that mean this dash cam is outdated? Should I get something else?

Thanks

Mini 0805 is kind of an old model of Mini series, but not outdated. The newer are Mini 0806, Mini 0826, and Mini 0807 will be released soon.

Mini 0805 so far is more reliable than all those newer models - 0806 and 0826. The 0807 has been delayed for nearly a year now and that does not give us much confidence either.

Thanks

Hi,

All my orders on this site have been refunded and their robotic customer service doesn't tell me anything else than pay by western union instead of PayPal.

If you look on Google their feedbacks you'll see they have lots of complaints but pay some people to post positive reviews of their site everywhere and keep good marks on customer websites.

The main problems are:
-the security of your payment if they refuse your PayPal payments as they often do it.
-they never respect their delivery schedules and their tracking numbers aren't updated regularly.
-you can't have a local after sale service and if you get a problem you'll probably have a partial refund in gearbest credit.
-most of items they sell aren't in stock, even when it's written it is, and some people have paid and waited for months for nothing.
-many American customers declared that their parcels were lost and the gearbest policy is that you're responsible so you never get your money back in this case.
-for phones it's even worse as many complained about customized ROMs that transfered all their personnal datas to gearbest and companies such as Xiaomi have threatened to stop their business with them.

You could be a lucky customer who gets a genuine item in good shape but many haven't been in this case...

Thanks
Btw, for this specific product you have at least 5 topics of complains on this site only for products that didn't work at all or less than 30 minutes...

I bought a mini 0805 back in January of 2016 from Gearbest. My first purchase from them. The website had the mini shown as in stock in their US warehouse for $63 so I added it to my cart and went to the checkout. At checkout the price was shown as $44.82. I used my credit card and purchased it for 44.82 fully expecting to get an email later telling me that they made a mistake. Nope, received the camera about a week later in perfect condition. I was quite pleased. On a subsequent GB order they showed some items in stock that later they informed me they didn't have. But they did refund my CC for the out of stock items and shipped the in stock items. The refund took them about a month but overall I was satisfied given their low prices. FWIW, YMMV, etc, etc. My mini 0805 has been working great ever since but I will caution that it prefers Samsung TF cards, I had issues using Sandisk. I use a 128GB Samsung EVO card.

If you want a reliable micro sd you'd better buy the evo+ from Samsung for 4k videos but you could buy a Mixza with the same charateristics for half of its price.

You'll find plenty warnings about SanDisk cards, although to be fair some people use them in some cams with no problems. There are safer choices.

As to GearBest I've bought from them several times, but they screwed up my last order. I can use what I got and it's not worth the hassle of doing a return. Otherwise they're OK to do business with as long as your expectations are low. Just another Mega-Store from China with innacurate listings, slow shipping, poor customer service, crappy warranty service, occasional shipping mistakes, but sometimes crazy low prices. Always use Paypal, as that is the only real leverage you have against problems. Something of a gamble but usually OK. From what I've seen GB seems to be declining recently compared to the other MegaStores with more sales of out-of-stock items, wrong items sent, and more hassle regarding returns. For now I'll still buy lower-priced stuff there but if they get much worse I'll probably end that.

You don't get what you don't pay for and with MegaStore's prices all you can really expect is to get the listed item eventually. If you want more go elsewhere.
Phil

You'll find plenty warnings about SanDisk cards, although to be fair some people use them in some cams with no problems. There are safer choices.

As to GearBest I've bought from them several times, but they screwed up my last order. I can use what I got and it's not worth the hassle of doing a return. Otherwise they're OK to do business with as long as your expectations are low. Just another Mega-Store from China with innacurate listings, slow shipping, poor customer service, crappy warranty service, occasional shipping mistakes, but sometimes crazy low prices. Always use Paypal, as that is the only real leverage you have against problems. Something of a gamble but usually OK. From what I've seen GB seems to be declining recently compared to the other MegaStores with more sales of out-of-stock items, wrong items sent, and more hassle regarding returns. For now I'll still buy lower-priced stuff there but if they get much worse I'll probably end that.

You don't get what you don't pay for and with MegaStore's prices all you can really expect is to get the listed item eventually. If you want more go elsewhere.
Phil
Hi,
What other cheaper website of the same range of quality would you recommend?

Back