Looking For it all, Emphasizing: Night Vision (IR), audio, F&R and Quality

cpjs

Reaction score
Country
United States
I make videos of my escapades working as a cab driver. I would link my content but I think that's kinda rude, if you'd like to see what I'm working with now, I'll PM you.

I'm looking for a bit of everything but IR nightvision, audio quality, front and rear recording, and video quality are of the most importance. My projects tell a story and I want my dashcam to tell the best story possible.

I've done a fair amount of research and the Transcend 32GB Drive Pro
seems most like what I'm looking for, sans the apparently garbage audio. (could hook up a mic myself, but If there is a cam with audio that would be preferred.) heres the amazon link on the transcend:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0147R9PDO
Any suggestions or advice is welcome, I hear you guys are the best at this and I hope I'm not being rude or erroneous of the rules, thanks.

@Gabacho hello and thank you!

@russ331 I like everything about it besides the fact that I need to mount on my rearview. interior footage is the most important and I need to be able to place the camera where I please. thank you for the suggestion, however.

Welcome.

The Trancend you have zeroed out yourself seem to be the best option for the ppl needing the cabin of the car covered, at least of the dashcams i am aware of at the moment.

If anything you might want to add a extra IR ermitter to the mix, as i recall the LEDs in the camera is not exactly overkill as it is.
Nothing strong i needed a couple of watts or 5 and with good spread of the light.

Thats what ive been figuring actually. What specific ir attach would you rec? Only seen one that looked decent.

Also if you incidentally know of a good mic for my car that would be helpful, the trancend has everything but that.

Not too much into stand alone audio recorders, but i know there is some good stealthy stuff out there.

Maybe @spytec can advise, as i recall they are into that stuff too.

Have you checked into the legal ramifications of what you intend to do?
(You mention interior footage and audio, and I assume you mean to record your passengers)

Do you have a good lawyer? :)

There's a big difference in recording things for your own safety, and posting videos of passengers online. (Without consent)

I drove taxi years ago, and some of the most 'colorful' passengers were usually drunk, on something, or otherwise mentally inhibited.

Last edited:
Have you checked into the legal ramifications of what you intend to do?
(You mention interior footage and audio, and I assume you mean to record your passengers)

Do you have a good lawyer? :)

There's a big difference in recording things for your own safety, and posting videos of passengers online. (Without consent)

I drove taxi years ago, and some of the most 'colorful' passengers were usually drunk, on something, or otherwise mentally inhibited.

Why would you assume I don't get consent? That's my first priority, I even send my drunk passengers the footage the next day. Understand your concern though.

So I bought the trancend, and it's got just about everything I want, the audio doesn't even suck that bad. However, the viewing angle (130) isn't that great and for my bigger vehicle I could use the extra wide view. Anything else similar to the Trancend?

Yeah, consent given while drunk is usually airtight.

:)

Some of the stuff I saw happen in my back seat when driving a taxi I prefer not to have video of.

:)

Back