SGZC12SG with Cellink B Battery

AmyB

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently invested in a Cellink 2.0 battery to power two SG dashcams (SGZC12SG and SGZC12SS) and wonder if anyone else has been able to get this setup to work reliably. I'm having problems with the Cellink battery not powering the dash cams after turning off the ignition. I've tried different fuses and fuse locations, I know the Cellink batteries are fully charged, etc. but the only thing that I've found that keeps my cams powered with the ignition off is to tap into a constant fuse, but avoiding that is the whole point of buying the Cellink battery.

Just to clarify, some people have the 1st generation version of the Cellink, which provided a connection to the battery, but I don't think those are available for sale anymore. The 2.0 version, which I have, only provides a connection to accessory power. The Cellink's power output cable has a female cigar plug, into which I have plugged a cigar splitter going to each of the two cameras. The current fuse location I'm tapped into is the wipers, but as I said, I've tried other locations as well but with no luck.

As a side note, I also have another Cellink battery that is properly powering my new Thinkware F770 in parking mode. The Thinkware hard wire kit had to be spliced into the Cellink input wires, which BlackBoxMyCar kindly did for me before shipping everything. As far as I understand from Jon at Street Guardian, no splicing should be needed for the SG cameras since they don't change modes based on ignition changes. I've been back and forth with BlackBoxMyCar by email for a while trying to troubleshoot the problem, but no solution has yet emerged, so I wanted to see if anyone else here has had luck with getting this setup to work as designed.

I was going to suggest asking @BlackboxMyCar as they're the resident experts on the Cellink product but if you've been talking with Alex already I'm not sure what to suggest, I've never used a Cellink to know if there is anything unusual about them

Have you tried it with just one camera connected, any change?

I was going to suggest asking @BlackboxMyCar as they're the resident experts on the Cellink product but if you've been talking with Alex already I'm not sure what to suggest, I've never used a Cellink to know if there is anything unusual about them

Have you tried it with just one camera connected, any change?
I haven't spoken with an Alex, just Murphy and a couple of emails from Justin. I have indeed tried just plugging in the cigarette charger for one of the SG cameras and unfortunately it didn't make a difference. I also tried swapping the Cellinks between the two camera systems (Thinkware & SG) but that didn't change anything either. I'm starting to think some component must be faulty or something.

Back