Mini 0826 won't keep time

easypeasy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else have this issue? I bought 2 0826's right at 4 months ago, and neither will keep the correct time. I can set the time and within a day it will be off by several hours :and only hours the minutes usually stay pretty close). I've tried setting it to various time zones, I have updated the firmware on one camera but not the other and that didn't make any difference.

I set it to -6 to start with, I have changed it to different time zones plus or minus to see if I could fix it that way, but it always off by random amounts if that makes any sense. For example the time zone is currently set to zero. Yesterday I set the time at 8:00 am and last night it was off by 4 hours. I set it again last night around midnight, time zone still at zero and this morning it was off by 10 hours.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that tonight and see how it works.

don't set the clock, only the timezone offset

I have a similar query as OP. My timezone is +5.5. However I can only set the zone in increments of 1 i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc. How do I adjust for these 30 minutes? Any tips?

I just checked with my dashcam. It has the following firmware: 20160706 V2.0. Is there an update after this?

Mine !
My 0826 is screwy with the time as well .. I just turned off the time stamp ..

But with mine as soon as the GPS fires up it screws up the time ...
Can you set your time to 00.00.00 and maintain it , I dont know ...
Another possible option is to leave your time zone at 00 , and just set the time ...
Hopefully the GPS wont mess up your time if set to 00 ( Time zone ) ..
I really should play with this a little more , but just turning off the time stamp was easier ..

Mine !
My 0826 is screwy with the time as well .. I just turned off the time stamp ..

But with mine as soon as the GPS fires up it screws up the time ...
Can you set your time to 00.00.00 and maintain it , I dont know ...
Another possible option is to leave your time zone at 00 , and just set the time ...
Hopefully the GPS wont mess up your time if set to 00 ( Time zone ) ..
I really should play with this a little more , but just turning off the time stamp was easier ..

Actually if you use just the time zone and set it to your local timezone (+/- whatever from GMT), you should be good. The local date and time will be set automatically, once the dashcam establishes connection with the GPS satellite. What firmware are you using?

Thats what I did .. Set my time ( local ) and then set the GMT ...
What happens is , when the cam turns on the time is correct , as soon as the GPS gets a satellite lock the time goes screwy ..

Firmware is original fact FM .. No updates , cam is 6 months old ...

Thats what I did .. Set my time ( local ) and then set the GMT ...
What happens is , when the cam turns on the time is correct , as soon as the GPS gets a satellite lock the time goes screwy ..

Firmware is original fact FM .. No updates , cam is 6 months old ...

I think what you need to do is only set the GMT. leave the rest as it is. You could reset the cam to default settings and then try this. In my case my GMT is +5.5. But the cam allows me to change GMT in increments of 1. So I can either set it as +5 or +6. So the time will always be off by 30 mins. Why am I breaking my head on this? Because I plan to use the dashcam to report serious traffic violation, and as evidence if I was ever involved in an accident. So I do not want to take any chances with wrong time being captured.

I think you should try the other way :
Set the correct time , and set GMT to 00 ...
That way GMT has no say in the time ...
This is what I will try ASAP ... Dont know if you can disable GMT ( that would be the go )

I think you should try the other way :
Set the correct time , and set GMT to 00 ...
That way GMT has no say in the time ...
This is what I will try ASAP ... Dont know if you can disable GMT ( that would be the go )

I did that originally. I was not even aware of this zone setting thanks to the crappy user manual :) Unfortunately moment the dashcam links with the GPS setting, the time goes for a toss.

Back