Viofo A119s changes

pingu

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A question to Viofo or users who may be more in the loop with respect to the upcoming release of the A119s:

1. Any news on the expected release date of the A119s?
2. Will the grey adhesive pad be replaced by a black pad?
3. Are there plans to include the "wire hider" as was used in the A118c or to change the location of the power input cable from the side to the read of the unit (to increase stealthiness)?
4. Any other changes from the A119, be it hardware or software?

Thanks.

1. when it's ready
2. yes
3. not at this stage, if you use the GPS mount the cable is more discrete
4. development is ongoing so there will always be changes

1. when it's ready

For those on the fence about waiting for the release of the 119s vs buying an already-released version, are we talking a timeline of ~1 month, or 6 months?

Tuning the GPS features at present, different sensor need extra development work for GPS.

Can u please give us the approximate time of release? No one will blame you in future but it can be helpful for planning purchase the new dash cam. Can u give us an information about the new sensor which u would like to use in A119s? Will be the same wide angle as in A119, more or less?

Last edited:
Can u please give us the approximate time of release? No one will blame you in future but it can be helpful for planning purchase the new dash cam. Can u give us an information about the new sensor which u would like to use in A119s? Will be the same wide angle as in A119, more or less?
Plan to start production next month, we will list on our website in few days for A119S.
The sensor is Sony IMX291 2MP sensor, lens FOV is about 135 degree, F2.0.

Could you list A119C & A119S side by side showing the major differences in spec please?

Could you list A119C & A119S side by side showing the major differences in spec please?

sensor, lens, available resolution, otherwise much the same, the C should have a sharper picture during the day, the S should have better low light performance

Reactions: Mtz
Any news about A119S? I really don't know if I should wait for it or just buy A119, because I drive without dashcam already (GT550WS just broke after 2 years :p)

Feel strange with no dash cam? The longer you wait....You could buy A119 now and then..You can buy S if you really want when it comes out and use the plain a119 as a spare or use it as a rear dash cam

The newer and more sensitive IMX291 seems like a good choice in comparison the previously speculated IMX322.

it seems like IMX322 is still the better sensor over IMX291?

I had just checked the data sheet. What I can see in the video is that both have their pros and cons, if tweaked well, the 291 looks promising.

Seems the FOV of the 2 Sony are different. The IMX 322 seems narrower.

Yeah the narrower fov should give an advantage to the IMX322 camera, all else being equal.

I don't think you can fairly compare sensors when they are used by different camera manufacturers. It depends a lot on how they are configured and which lens is used.

Back