Street Guardian SG9665XS. 1080p. Super Capacitor. 12-24V direct input.

98a82f73b05b72d2c25e21d02201e581.jpg
Can you tell me if the Street Guardian SG9665XS is the same hardware as the A118-c? How would you rate this SG9665XS if you compared it to the A119 as far as quality and Focus exposure.

Can you tell me if the Street Guardian SG9665XS is the same hardware as the A118-c? How would you rate this SG9665XS if you compared it to the A119 as far as quality and Focus exposure.
Also when is the ETA to Amazon.CA Canada

You might see the specs are similar to other products but Street Guardian always pays extra attention to the details, features, and support.

Also when is the ETA to Amazon.CA Canada

I'm waiting for my new special secondary Canadian UPS account to be setup soon so I can send heavy boxes to Amazon.ca (for Prime Sale) in a special way. I just left a voicemail for my UPS rep minutes ago actually. In the short term, I welcome you to purchase through Amazon.com eBay.com or eBay.ca

Can you tell me if the Street Guardian SG9665XS is the same hardware as the A118-c?

realistically it's perhaps closer to the update version of the A118C which is being released soon, has a better lens than current A118C models which is what holds that one back from performing better, we still have some other upgrades we're looking at for this model, not really trying to compete with that product at all, we had the SGZC12SS which was a lower cost more basic version of one of our other models and we had customers that wanted something basic and reliable that was easily moved from car to car but that camera was still a bit big so this is a better fit for that type of consumer

realistically it's perhaps closer to the update version of the A118C which is being released soon, has a better lens than current A118C models which is what holds that one back from performing better, we still have some other upgrades we're looking at for this model, not really trying to compete with that product at all, we had the SGZC12SS which was a lower cost more basic version of one of our other models and we had customers that wanted something basic and reliable that was easily moved from car to car but that camera was still a bit big so this is a better fit for that type of consumer
Thank you for the speedy reply

If you really want to know what this camera is about, the name says it all: Xtra Small and Xtra Simple. It really doesn't matter that much if it's similar to this or that or what camera it compares to, as long as it works well and has the same support Street Guardian provides to all its products.

By the way, here's a bit of info about the mount: the G1W-H's T-bracket mount fits like a glove. I think I'm going to use it because it's more solid (I never liked the ball-joint type mounts, anyway), the camera doesn't hang so low and sits closer to the windscreen. :)

Last edited:
Whats the dimensions of the camera does anyone know?

roughly 75mm x 50 mm (credit cards are around 85mm x 55mm) and about 32mm thick from the back to the end of the lens housing

Talking of credit cards, before I get mine out and just to qualify, if I have constant power to my 12v socket, the parking mode/motion detection can be used without hardwiring and does it have any voltage protection built in or a timer and what kind of power does it draw in that mode, does anyone know?

I haven't got a power draw figure sorry, there is no voltage cutoff built in, it's not really aimed at that market

yeah it's a compact little camera, we still have some work to do with some upgrades we have planned, it's not for everyone but I think it will suit some people that just want something basic that might go car to car often

i don't think its basic, parking mode, good video, i like the fact that there is no company logo emblazoned all over the front and that it looks like a basic flea-bay dash cam so the scrotes in uk won't small the screen to steal it. I like the vantrue N1 but it has silver metal and looks like an action cam. I also like the Lukas Qvia t790 but logo on the front and £75 dearer.

What sort of upgrades are planned jokiin?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alexsoll SG9665XS 15
Back