DR650GW-2CH, Firmware 2.007, setting time.

BastardSheep

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus
I've asked this as an aside in other threads and just gotten shrugs, so I thought now I'd post my query in its own thread.

How do I set, or preferably, sync the time? In the 1.X firmware you could do it via the app. In some screenshots I found online the app for 2.x firmware at one stage had a "sync time" option below the "Cloud Settings" option, but the version on my iPhone doesn't have that.

DST is coming up soon in the southern hemisphere, I'd rather have my time not be one hour out.

It gets the time sync from the GPS which will be UTC and uses the zone that you enter in the settings to know what offset to apply to the UTC time for your local zone - so provided the Blackvue knows how to correct for DST then the time will remain correct. DST is coming to the southern hemisphere, however not all areas observe it such as Western Australia and Queensland, so again you have to be sure you select the correct zone and hope Blackvue applies DST correctly for your zone.

Ahh, excellent, so now on it's on this firmware it grabs the time the way it really should have been all along. Great to know. I've got the right timezone set up on my device, down to the city, so hopefully it adjusts time correctly when DST starts.

Ahh, excellent, so now on it's on this firmware it grabs the time the way it really should have been all along.
No.. not quite the way it should have been all along. The way it should have been is totally automatic. This has a GPS function that KNOWS where the camera is and thus should know what flipping time it is in that location.

I decided to upgrade yesterday to the latest version from 1.xxx The time zones available is an impressive list of cities or islands but unfortunately did not list the UTC in zone 7. Mountain standard. So.. other issues popped up.. naturally.. which required removing my SD card and going through the setup on my PC again.. Now.. there is a list of American cities.. and was able to find a city in the required zone. But what is up with the list getting longer after the first installation.

Why.. does Pittasoft make is so difficult, surely picking one of 24 UTC zones would be easier if.. it requires human choice to pick something.

That.. is a much better site to get upgrades from than the official Blackvue.com site And it includes a link for the much better RegistratorViewer. Well done Autoblackbox

So where do you think they get the updates from. Maybe they lisst them differently but will still all come from Pittasoft

So where do you think they get the updates from. Maybe they lisst them differently but will still all come from Pittasoft
Including a link to an alternative viewer givers them 5 stars.. And, the layout seems better / easier to understand.. However yesterday in an attempt to reload a clean version of the latest firmware I could not find it on this site.. So the layout is nice but the latest copies are not there.

Back