2x DOD LS460W vs BlackVue DR750LW

Ox10ef

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello

I was thinking about buying dashcam.

I want to have best video quality at day & night. (the ability to read the license plate of the car in different conditions).
Camera also needs to be reliable.

I google'ed some information and I am thinking about
BlackVue DR750LW
OR
2x DOD LS460W (1 for front, 1 for rear).

One sites has some comparision table about quality of various cameras (dual / high-end / mid / afforable etc).
From this site, I came into conclusion that DOD LS460W records better at night (it is probably the best 1080p camera for recording at night).

I watched some movies at youtube and it is legit.

But, the selling point for BlackVue DR750LW is that it's dual camera, so:
- it would be more convienent:
a) 1 usb charging cable
b) 1 SD card -> less hassle with downloading
c) you can show rear display at LCD panel (something like parking sensor - I don't have one in car)

So right now I can't make final decision. Any thoughts?

How difficult would be to setup "2x DOD LS460W" and configure it, so I can show rear video at some LCD panel?

I wouldn't rush to buy a DOD (sometimes sold as Nextbase in the UK). I've had a few DOD/Nextbase cams and I they only lasted for a few thousand miles; maybe OK as a good-performing cam for light-duty use but they don't seem suited to heavy-duty use.
They are impressive straight from the box (they are also expensive so they should be impressive) but DOD seem to have skimped on build quality in some areas; often warm weather or long run times causing focus shift (cheap lens housing?) and premature battery failure (cheap battery? / poorly designed charging circuit?) seem to be regularly encountered problems in a number of DOD models.

I want to have best video quality at day & night. (the ability to read the license plate of the car in different conditions).
Camera also needs to be reliable.

The cams with best video quality are often newer models with bugs still to be resolved.
You'll also usually find there's a trade-off between ability to read number plates and the camera's field of view. Narrow-angle cams are best for capturing number plates but may only see between the 11-o-clock and 1-o-clock position whereas a wide angle cam will see between 10-o-clock and 2-o-clock. Beware manufacturers boasting about wide field of view - many of them twist the truth!

The cams with best reliability are often 'second rate' models which have been around a few years and where the manufacturer has fixed the bugs.

(...) maybe OK as a good-performing cam for light-duty use but they don't seem suited to heavy-duty use.
Then maybe we should start asking first what use the person will give to the camera(s) and then recommend some models, not the other way around. ;)

Back