GPS Installation Position

DarwinsFlinch

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all..

Before buying the Guardian, I watched a ton of videos and I remember reading it (gps) was meant to be mounted on the dash, but you could open it and reposition the antenna for window mounting. The unit I received has an insert reading "This GPS is the window mount type." To me, this means that repositioning of the antenna is already done. Is that the case?

Thanks - Rick

Last edited:
Hey all..

Before buying the Guardian, I watched a ton of videos and I remember reading it (gps) was meant to be mounted on the dash, but you could open it and reposition the antenna for window mounting. The unit I received has an insert reading "This GPS is the window mount type." To me, this means that repositioning of the antenna is already done. Is that the case?

Thanks - Rick

That's correct. It's pre-flipped ready to window mount out of the box. (Shorter cable too)

you got an explorer now hey? wheres the mustang?

you got an explorer now hey? wheres the mustang?

When I separated from Pier28 to form Street Guardian USA I bought out the Explorer Sport lease as my new full time vehicle. Both Mustang Boss and Explorer Sport were a company lease we all shared and swapped as needed.

Now I just drive the Explorer full time. I love it. Twin turbo and all wheel drive for the Sierra winter. (Studded snow tire time soon)

f9a9dbeb7e11ec48c7d1d12999b7d472.jpg

Back