M6+ Latest firmware update *Warning*

Robbo22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DDPai M6 +
I've just upgraded my M6+ to the latest firmware which all went smoothly and now Miles/h is displayed on the screen/recording. However the upgrade has moved all my mp4 clips to a folder called "tmp" and now they have all reduced in size and won't play on the PC. Quite annoying as I've now lost a weeks worth of footage and wanted to review the clips I recorded today and now I can't. So a word of warning back up your clips before performing the upgrade.

Out of interest what is the latest firmware version that you have upgraded to?

How did you get on with the Firmware update?

I get the popup saying it is available, and the update has downloaded to my (Android) phone successfully.

However, the "Continue with Installation" button does nothing, although I am connected to the camera and getting live feed on the camera tab of the app.

Any thoughts?

Out of interest what is the latest firmware version that you have upgraded to?

V3.3.2.5

Things I've noticed so far is the Clips are reduced in size to 2 mins and the camera doesn't start recording for a couple mins after switching on.

Update: I was wrong it did start recording straight away but for some bizarre reason the clips aren't in order. The audio in the first clip is still out of sync. Not sure what to make of this latest firmware it seems to be doing some strange things. Think I'm going to format the card and see if that improves it.

Last edited:
How did you get on with the Firmware update?

I get the popup saying it is available, and the update has downloaded to my (Android) phone successfully.

However, the "Continue with Installation" button does nothing, although I am connected to the camera and getting live feed on the camera tab of the app.

Any thoughts?

Did you upgrade your app by any chance? Uninstall the app completely and install the latest version. That should fix it.

upload_2016-10-12_23-32-37.png

Messed up time?? @ 22:00 the actual time is 23:00 and you can see where the time corrects itself and jumps an hour after 22:08. Not sure why the 21:34 clip is thrown in there either. This has happened twice since the new firmware update so i'm not sure what's going on. Anyone else seeing this problem?

I'm having the same problem. It is also filling my memory card with hundreds of files under videos in a tmp folder same as above. All that exact same size. If you try and use Registrator viewer it lists them all with a yellow triangle with an exclaimation mark in it. However if you delete them it doesn't get rid of the main video files and you can still play Them. However these files are filling the memory card (32GB) on a 10 min journey! I also keep getting the same notification for an upgrade for e-dog ( I had installed it several times before I realised it's the same version each time. What the on earth is going on there? I even tried turning e-dog off in the settings (as I was told it was a speed camera app which doesn't apply in the UK) but it keeps turning itself back on. Really getting fed up as only had the unit a few days and already it's broken! The time line is all out of order and the short journey was basically scrambled up. Thinking about trying to reset it to factory settings if you can and ignoring updates! The app shouldn't make any difference to how the video is recorded by the unit to the card, it's the firmware which handles that surely? I only installed the app 2 days ago, so is it already out of date? NOT impressed!

I also fully formated the card using first windows doing a proper reset format (takes ages!) and then formatting in the unit itself. Still getting the same problems.

update: app version is 5.6.5

Last edited:
It's the latest firmware that's causing the problem, I was really happy with it until a few days ago. DDpai are quite quick at releasing updates so hopefully they'll get it sorted. At the moment though I wish there was a way to install the previous firmware as this one is really messed up.

I ignore the Edog updates, just select update later if it asks you to install it.

It's the latest firmware that's causing the problem, I was really happy with it until a few days ago. DDpai are quite quick at releasing updates so hopefully they'll get it sorted. At the moment though I wish there was a way to install the previous firmware as this one is really messed up.

I ignore the Edog updates, just select update later if it asks you to install it.

I just tried resetting the unit but all that did was put the camera wi fi name and password back to default settings. Everything else has stayed the same. Have sent an email with the faults (complaint) using the feedback link in the app.

Yes same here since my update playback is an hour behind and all jumbled up, I am also struggling to login/register I seemed to have lost time lapse video as well, I have just hardwired the cam as well so the time lapse I would like to have, is anyone else having these issues? Not that impressed with this cam only had it in a week and it's causing me problems already

http://www.ddpai.com/update/m6plus/20160819/update.tar.gz
The above link is copied from elsewhere on this forum. It is an older firmware 'update'. I downloaded this to my PC. Virus checked it with norton, then decompressed the zip file and extracted it. I then copied the update folder to a clean micro sd card and inserted it into my camera, then attached power. The camera then 'updated' from the sd card which took a few minutes and then it sang its 'hello ddpai' announcement. If it says 'hello' straight away then it won't have updated, see my comment ** below. The camera name and password for wifi will be back to default settings. I have deleted the ddpai app and downloaded the RoadEyes app, as this also operates the camera but isn't able to update it, which is what I want at the moment. Camera now seems to be behaving itself, although it is still having a couple of wobbles on the time stamp front. The 'update' (or backdate) is version V3316

**If it doesn't 'update', just check that you haven't copied the update folder generated by the unzipping program, which if you click on, then opens the real update file (if you click on this you then get a list). The camera cannot navigate down through an extra folder if you get my drift.

Have been of face book and seen they have a new Customer service email, (which is: Customer_Service@ddpai.com ) so I have emailed them with the problems I have experienced and will let you know when I get a reply.

The above link is copied from elsewhere on this forum. It is an older firmware 'update'. I downloaded this to my PC. Virus checked it with norton, then decompressed the zip file and extracted it. I then copied the update folder to a clean micro sd card and inserted it into my camera, then attached power. The camera then 'updated' from the sd card which took a few minutes and then it sang its 'hello ddpai' announcement. If it says 'hello' straight away then it won't have updated, see my comment ** below. The camera name and password for wifi will be back to default settings. I have deleted the ddpai app and downloaded the RoadEyes app, as this also operates the camera but isn't able to update it, which is what I want at the moment. Camera now seems to be behaving itself, although it is still having a couple of wobbles on the time stamp front. The 'update' (or backdate) is version V3316

**If it doesn't 'update', just check that you haven't copied the update folder generated by the unzipping program, which if you click on, then opens the real update file (if you click on this you then get a list). The camera cannot navigate down through an extra folder if you get my drift.

Have been of face book and seen they have a new Customer service email, (which is: Customer_Service@ddpai.com ) so I have emailed them with the problems I have experienced and will let you know when I get a reply.

Thanks for the info. Let us know what they say.

Yes same here since my update playback is an hour behind and all jumbled up, I am also struggling to login/register I seemed to have lost time lapse video as well, I have just hardwired the cam as well so the time lapse I would like to have, is anyone else having these issues? Not that impressed with this cam only had it in a week and it's causing me problems already

Time lapse works for me. Just the time all messed up, it keeps jumping an hour back & forth during the recording. I'm also getting jerky playback on some clips.

From the DDPai Forums (Google translated):

[M6 Plus v3.3.2.2 camera version number]
Major new features:
1, video storage optimization, after the upgrade will be cleared automatically formatted sd card, sd card, please make a backup of important data before upgrading!
2, sd card storage folder name and directory structure has changed;
3, sd card recording without exception "ding" tone to Chinese voice prompt "memory exception";
4, through storage optimization, reducing the chance of bad blocks sd card, video recording to reduce problems caused by abnormalities caused by abnormal sd card, sd card to extend the service life;
5, parking monitor settings to modify, add parking power protection settings, removing the time-lapse video switch settings;
6, an increase mph watermark display;
7, repair electrical connection often appear low probability of long-running crash bug;
8, repair abnormal power failure last video file sometimes can not play bug.

I left the camera switched on all day today, when I went out to the car this evening it was off apart from the red light flashing. No idea why, the card isn't full.

Thanks for this. I've got 3.3.2.5 on the camera (just received the camera this week) and didn't read the forums before allowing it to upgrade. I agree that it all seems to be a bit of a mess at the moment and I'm getting loads of temporary files and nonsense from the app (both DDPai and Roadeyes).

I've grabbed the downgrade file as you've suggested and this on the SD card as you have suggested but the camera has failed to pick this up and process the firmware change.

Can I check what you did to downgrade - the tar file contains the following:

17/08/2016 12:51 12,582,912 app
17/08/2016 12:52 8,388,608 hibernate
17/08/2016 12:51 8,388,608 rootfs
17/08/2016 13:37 <DIR> tmp
01/07/2016 10:23 1,048,576 uboot
17/08/2016 12:51 3,145,728 uImage
26/04/2016 14:41 1,042 update.sh
17/08/2016 13:36 174 upginfo
17/08/2016 10:27 74 version

Should these be in the root of the SD card, ie. at the same level as DCIM?
Did you have to mark any special attributes such as System on the files to get the camera to process the files as a firmware update?

What I did was take a blank SD card with nothing else on it. Copied the folder (called update) containing all the above files on the sd card. Placed this into the camera. Then powered it up. You should find that there is a delay, as the firmware is loaded, and eventually you will get the "Hello DDpai ..." announcement. Check the camera and hopefully you should now have version 3.3.1.6 Good luck, hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I left the camera switched on all day today, when I went out to the car this evening it was off apart from the red light flashing. No idea why, the card isn't full.
Are you still using the latest update? That's odd, as I understand it, the red light is for power and should not be flashing? I think the blue is GPS and the middle flashing green means it's recording?

Are you still using the latest update? That's odd, as I understand it, the red light is for power and should not be flashing? I think the blue is GPS and the middle flashing green means it's recording?

Yes i'm still on the latest update, I have left it on for long a period of time on older firmware with no problem.

Back