Custom Firmware 1.1.1aE - TimeZone settings for Queensland, Australia

Steve_Parry

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Many over 10 years. Currently 1 x SG9663DCPRO, 1 x SG9663DR
Hi all,
I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I've just upgraded to Custom Firmware 1.1.1aE on my DR500GW-HD trying to get a recording with sufficient quality to actually read the registration number of the car in front of me. It became obvious to me that the stock firmware just isn't good enough after an incident occurred and I needed to rely on the recording, only to find you can't read the number plate.

Anyway, while I'm experimenting with vision quality, the current issue is getting the time display right.
I am wanting to set the timezone to Brisbane with is GMT +10 with no DST. The closest I can find is Vladivostok which is also +10 no DST, but it displays as one hour [edit] behind my actual time (eg [edit] 10:00am instead of 11:00am). I have TimeZone=284 in the config.ini file (which worked on stock firmware, but seems to have no impact on the custom firmware).

Anyone in Queensland successfully set the time? What timezone file did you use?

And does anyone know what the number 284 in the TimeZone=284 means and where it is defined?

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Last edited:
looking back in my archive of backups, I see I have used the file named "Yakutsk" an older one also shows "Moscow"
try then and see how it goes.

looking back in my archive of backups, I see I have used the file named "Yakutsk" an older one also shows "Moscow"
try then and see how it goes.
Thanks @wozzzzza. Moscow is GMT+3, Yakutsk is GMT+9. I'm looking for GMT+10 (no DST).
Vladivostok is supposed to be GMT+10 but displays [edit] GMT+9.
I'll try Yakutsk and report back- if that works it may be that the Custom Firmware is adding one more hour than the correct time offset (at least for some timezone files).
What's involved in creating/amending the timezone files?

Last edited:
Thanks @wozzzzza. Moscow is GMT+3, Yakutsk is GMT+9. I'm looking for GMT+10 (no DST).
Vladivostok is supposed to be GMT+10 but displays GMT+11.
I'll try Yakutsk and report back- if that works it may be that the Custom Firmware is adding one more hour than the correct time offset (at least for some timezone files).
What's involved in creating/amending the timezone files?

3.02.2015 - TimeZone

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/0089edd78cc9/TimeZone

Hi @alexsoll,
Apologies I made an error in the description of my original posting, which I've now edited to correct. The time displayed is 1 hour BEHIND the actual local time.
/quote
I am wanting to set the timezone to Brisbane with is GMT +10 with no DST. The closest I can find is Vladivostok which is also +10 no DST, but it displays as one hour [edit] behind my actual time (eg [edit] 10:00am instead of 11:00am).

Regardless, both Yakutsk and Vladivostok display as GMT+9 (ie 1 hour BEHIND actual local time. These are using the latest files from https://cloud.mail.ru/public/0089edd78cc9/TimeZone.

Any further suggestions welcomed.

designed by an australian but made in china with top quality products and outstanding support, probably the best support you will find anywhere and regular firmware updates with a manufacturer that listens and always on this forum.

Thanks @alexsoll.
Unfortunately I can't read that language (Russian?) and Google doesn't translate the dropdown links.
Please can you translate the relevant points in that posting?
Cheers
...Steve

Hi @alexsoll.
I still can't work out how to create a timezone file that is GMT+10. There doresn't seem to be a supplied city timeline file that has this offset. Unfortunately, I can't read Russian (or the Google translation of Russian) so can't work it out from car-dvr forum.

Please can you let me know how to get the Custom Firmware v1.1.1aE to display time in GMT+10?

Many thanks!
Cheers
...Steve

Last edited:
Does the Custom Firmware v1.1.1aE for DW500GW-HD work in the DR500GW (no HD!)?
Thanks!
Cheers
...Steve

Back