Problem with DOD LS400W - broken

Gicbern

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello this is the last chance before I throw my LS400W away. This wonderful camera after 1,5 year is broken. Really fast, we didnt' expect it. I've bought it on Aliexpress and of course there is no warranty any more and the cost of repair is almost 100$ and it is connected with shipping to DOD service in Taiwan, so not worth to do it. Maybe you have any idea how to solve this problem. There is description: after switching on camera sometimes works 2,3 minutes, sometimes a little more longer but the end effect is the same. The camera freezes and on the screen is the a lot of dots, lines or all screen is full of this stuff. I reset it of course, I switch it without the memory card and there is always the same problem. Here you can find some images to see the problem: https://postimg.org/gallery/2xbjeu9s6/

Have you tried to re-install the firmware? Maybe there is an updated version out there as well.

Hello this is the last chance before I throw my LS400W away. This wonderful camera after 1,5 year is broken. Really fast, we didnt' expect it. I've bought it on Aliexpress and of course there is no warranty any more and the cost of repair is almost 100$ and it is connected with shipping to DOD service in Taiwan, so not worth to do it. Maybe you have any idea how to solve this problem. There is description: after switching on camera sometimes works 2,3 minutes, sometimes a little more longer but the end effect is the same. The camera freezes and on the screen is the a lot of dots, lines or all screen is full of this stuff. I reset it of course, I switch it without the memory card and there is always the same problem. Here you can find some images to see the problem: https://postimg.org/gallery/2xbjeu9s6/
Does the battery still holds enough charge to operate the camera without external power?
When the problem occurs, try tapping the camera gently or shake it and see it there's any change to the screen.

Hello - everywhere I hear that this camera won't never broke, so maybe I had bad luck.
Module 79L - when the camera froze and on the screen there are dots, lines (like in a photo) and I'm moving with mini USB cable connected to camera then it is possible to get rid off these defects but still the camera is frozen and only reset can help (sometimes it is even hard to reset it, the reset button doesn't respond on pressing)

Hello - everywhere I hear that this camera won't never broke, so maybe I had bad luck.
What you probably heard is that it's very difficult to "brick" these cameras, for instance when you install the wrong firmware. They can easily be recovered but that doesn't mean they can't break down.

Module 79L - when the camera froze and on the screen there are dots, lines (like in a photo) and I'm moving with mini USB cable connected to camera then it is possible to get rid off these defects but still the camera is frozen and only reset can help (sometimes it is even hard to reset it, the reset button doesn't respond on pressing)
That looks like a flat cable's loose connection between the screen and the motherboard. The freezing problem is something else not related to that.

There is photo of open camera: https://postimg.org/image/omgqo0wp7/ Could you tell me where could be that flat cable's loose connection ?
It's on the other side of the main board. You'll have to unscrew it. After that hold the main board with one hand, without touching the lens barrel, and flip the camera over to remove the back cover so you can gain access to the screen. Gently pull it up and you'll see a flat cable connected between one end of the screen and the main board. Check if its broken or not correctly connected to its plug.

Back