2-channel video file splitter utility for Windows - New v2.1 splits entire folders!

Hi @Gibson99 - I was hoping your script would be the answer to my prayers but sadly the files that are being created wont play video, only audio. Occasionally an error pops up saying file cannot be played. Any suggestions on what to look for finding the reasons why?
If you can post an original file from your cam on something like Google drive, mega, Dropbox, etc, I can try to take a look. Does it play normally in VLC?

What is your dash cam. My Iroad is a little wonky with ffmpeg at times.
Blacksys CF-100

If you can post an original file from your cam on something like Google drive, mega, Dropbox, etc, I can try to take a look. Does it play normally in VLC?
Plays fine on blacksys software, and WMP plays ok, but only the front. Moviemaker allows me to import the original, but errors when finalising, which i suspected was down to it still being 'combined'
When im home from work in a few hours I will upload the example files.

Blacksys CF-100

Plays fine on blacksys software, and WMP plays ok, but only the front. Moviemaker allows me to import the original, but errors when finalising, which i suspected was down to it still being 'combined'

How well does it play on VLC. @Gibson99 's program uses FFMpeg and there are some thing on my two channel Iroad that does NOT work with FFmpeg that works well with my Mobius. I can edit a time frame (take video start at set time like 10 seconds and for a set duration like several seconds or minutes) with my Mobius but can't do that with my Iroad.

My iroad records in MP4 and I have set my Mobius for MOV format, although it can also be set to AVI and MP4 I believe.

MP4 I believe adds headers. In Unix/Linux you can concatenate 2 or more AVI or MOV files to a target but can't easily do the same with MP4's

Works
cat *.AVI >> folderName/target.AVI
doesn't work
cat *.mp4 >> folderName/target.mp4​

I have seen a number of ways to group MP4 files into one, but it takes some programming. I plan on working on a script in the winter.

So question is - what extension is it? MP4, AVI or MOV.

I dont have VLC, but can download and try if necessary. Files are AVI.

VLC allows viewing of both channels and is available on Linux and Windows. I like it.

Blacksys CF-100
since that's what i have in my wife's car, and what i originally wrote the script for, and i still use the script every time i make a new Dashcam Chronicles video, i wouldn't expect any issues using the script with videos from your cam.

David said:
Wmp can't play multi track video but VLC (VideoLAN is the name of the company, not sure what the C stands for - doubt it's "Corp" since it's open source and was originally just an informal group of people) plays it just fine. the fact that it plays properly in the blacksys program means the files are probably fine. pretty much NO video editors (moviemaker, VSDC, VideoPad, kdenlive, maybe even premiere) can handle multi-track video, which is why i made this script in the first place. btw - windows movie maker is no longer supported, so you may want to consider uninstalling it since it won't get any more security patches, and switch to something like VideoPad or VSDC. both are free windows editors.

VLC allows viewing of both channels and is available on Linux and Windows. I like it.
agree - it's got way more features, is way less intrusive, and to me, easier to use than WMP.

Regarding Blacksys CF-100
since that's what i have in my wife's car,

In March, You sent me video of deer crossing the road with snow in the background. I commented how good the quality was.
Was that produced with the Blacksys cf-100?

the rear camera on my iroad 3300ch died two weeks ago and I am in the market for stand alone rear camera or good two channel camera. You saw the collision I recorded with the accord and silver Rav4 in front of me with both spinning out. I saw some wild driving in my rear view mirror when the accord was behind me, but couldn't record it as that camera may be dead.

Regarding Blacksys CF-100

In March, You sent me video of deer crossing the road with snow in the background. I commented how good the quality was.
Was that produced with the Blacksys cf-100?

the rear camera on my iroad 3300ch died two weeks ago and I am in the market for stand alone rear camera or good two channel camera. You saw the collision I recorded with the accord and silver Rav4 in front of me with both spinning out. I saw some wild driving in my rear view mirror when the accord was behind me, but couldn't record it as that camera may be dead.
yes, it was an out-of-focus cf-100 you saw. it's been sitting in my desk drawer for a few months now, because i just haven't had time to refocus it, and i had a spare i could easily swap into my wife's car. the front cam uses a nice sony image sensor and lens, but the rear cam is a very basic 720p camera, no idea what sensor it uses, but it's nothing fancy. better than some other analog rear cameras, but nowhere near as nice as the front one.

yes, it was an out-of-focus cf-100 you saw. it's been sitting in my desk drawer for a few months now, because i just haven't had time to refocus it, and i had a spare i could easily swap into my wife's car. the front cam uses a nice sony image sensor and lens, but the rear cam is a very basic 720p camera, no idea what sensor it uses, but it's nothing fancy. better than some other analog rear cameras, but nowhere near as nice as the front one.
I had to look closely to see it was slightly out of focus. The resolution is nice, lots of color. My Iroad 330ch would overexpose and in the same conditions.

since that's what i have in my wife's car, and what i originally wrote the script for, and i still use the script every time i make a new Dashcam Chronicles video, i wouldn't expect any issues using the script with videos from your cam.
Wmp can't play multi track video but VLC (VideoLAN is the name of the company, not sure what the C stands for - doubt it's "Corp" since it's open source and was originally just an informal group of people) plays it just fine. the fact that it plays properly in the blacksys program means the files are probably fine. pretty much NO video editors (moviemaker, VSDC, VideoPad, kdenlive, maybe even premiere) can handle multi-track video, which is why i made this script in the first place. btw - windows movie maker is no longer supported, so you may want to consider uninstalling it since it won't get any more security patches, and switch to something like VideoPad or VSDC. both are free windows editors.
agree - it's got way more features, is way less intrusive, and to me, easier to use than WMP.

Sorry for late/slow reply.
The files do indeed play fine in VLC, they also play fine when transferred to my S5 phone when played via MX . However I want to edit/combine add datalog overlays to the videos, and Windows movie maker (current and 2.6), Samsung Action director and Racerender all refuse to play them. The only moderate luck ive had so far is to use YTD to covert the files to a 2nd AVI file, however, once done the play back speed becomes laggy and sound is glitchy.
Its very strange and frustrating!
Im not able to upload the files here but will try a youtube upload.

I take it all back, it must be my old PC, just uploaded 2 files to youtube a split one and a split and processed one, and it heistates on the PC, but both play fine when watching on my mobile. Strange.

New PC now on order!

Last edited:
You don't need to split your videos because they are already separate videos.

Correct, the person deleted their post.

Reactions: Mtz
Back