Iam curious. Will someday Git2 have option for 720p/240fps ? :) Or its just technically impossilble ? By the way, from what distance Git2 autofocus works ? Cause it looks that it wont focus when objects are closer to cam.

@nixcraft There is no autofocus. The focus is fixed, no moveable parts within the lens.
In my cam the focus distance is about 25 cm.

I found a beta version of the 1.6 firmware but I can't find a feature list for it anywhere. Is this suggestion list also the feature list?

I found a beta version of the 1.6 firmware but I can't find a feature list for it anywhere. Is this suggestion list also the feature list?
The latest beta is 1.6-0825.

Last edited:
In the beta firmware the app FNcam not load the file from the camera because when i click on explore file the camera freeze the display.

The camera is usable when i leave the battery. Please verify

I know that the gyro stabilisation on Git2 is one of the best EIS on action cameras on the market, but I have found that sometimes it just feels a bit too strong - for instance when used as a helmet camera and there are a lot of head movements the video tends to be a bit jerky or occasionally gets stuck on a tilted angle and looks unnatural in my eyes - for instance here:

Most of the time the stabilisation works well but the problem is the few moments when it over compensates the movement. Therefore in my opinion there could be an option to choose different "strength" of stabilisation for different kind of situations. I don't know how doable this would actually be but if applicable it could give Gitup even more competitive edge on the action camera market as none of the present alternatives I know have this feature. Maybe it would be something worth to research for on the forthcoming updates (maybe as far as Git3 as it likely wouldn't reach 1.6 firmware).

Last edited:
Do you tried without gyro on attached on your helmet?
Because if the Cam sticks to your helmet, your body is a great gyro too. Maybe your body is stabilisate enough for you.

Do you tried without gyro on attached on your helmet?
Because if the Cam sticks to your helmet, your body is a great gyro too. Maybe your body is stabilisate enough for you.

Yes I did and it was very shaky because the helmets around here tend to be more like pith helmets. I'm sure the gyro in Git2 is in general excellent for shaky environment but when there is need for more realistic looking footage the correction appears to be a bit too excessive.

Last edited:
yeah.. i didn't think of that, wouldn't really worry me but i bet its not preferred.

having the function button to act immediately (one press on/off) will help a lot.
This will be supported in next V1.6 beta version, try to release a new beta version next week.

I could not see any of those problem in the video. Just the tipical slow come back when going from side to side when Gyro is ON.

Perhaps a "vertical movement only" stabilization would work better for head movement.

A helmet always tilt when moving the head.

If you think your head doesn't tilt when moving from side to side you are wrong, is the brain doing the job.

No Omegamoto. Watch again and if you still don't believe it just take my word for it. I didn't post the video just get taught my brain thinks differently what my eyes can clearly see. And this obviously isn't the first and only time I see the camera getting STUCK on tilted angle until there is enough gravitational data coming from the gyro sensor to turn it back to horizontal view. I got plenty of footage showing the same behaviour when there is small constant sideways gravitational force and the camera gets shaken sideways at the same time. Or do you really thing I am tilting my head like that at 1:15? And its not just about the tilting, it's result of same over compensation which makes the video look SOMETIMES unnatural. Thefore, as it was suggested, it would be NICE to have an option to choose how much gyro stabilization one needs in certain situation as the parameters are obviously a compromise and not ideal for every kind of application. Of course this is up to the manufacturer whether they see it as a necessary feature to be added to their product.

Or, how about you provide comparison video with two cameras one with gyro and one without and prove your point.

Last edited:
Hi, new here with the Git2. Can someone give me a pointer where to find the latest beta ? I heard it is 1.6B 825. Thanks.

Hi, new here with the Git2. Can someone give me a pointer where to find the latest beta ? I heard it is 1.6B 825. Thanks.
I suggest you wait for 1.6 to be released instead of installing a beta, it will probably be less than 1 week...

I suggest you wait for 1.6 to be released instead of installing a beta, it will probably be less than 1 week...

Thanks I found it and updated fine. Any idea what the official 1.6 release will have compared to 825 or that is it. Thanks

Thanks I found it and updated fine. Any idea what the official 1.6 release will have compared to 825 or that is it. Thanks
It has had some more work done on it, and some things that people have asked for have been added.

One of the common cons mentioned in reviews for Git2 is that there is no directional selection option in the settings menu. I e. You have to go through one whole round of setting options if you missed the one you wanted. Given that Git2 is a well featured cam known for its wealth of options, this can be annoying at times.

Has it been considered to use Long Press or combo keys for some functions to free up the setting button to work as previous and mode button as next ?

E.g

Long Press Setting button can be used to go into/out of Settings menu.

Combo Setting and Mode will enable or disable Wifi.

Then Settings button can be used as Previous .

Thanks

Hi all. May be is too late to add new suggestions or may be this topic has been discussed previously, my apologies if that were the case. Said that, these are my 2 cents:

Could the standby mode be improved shutting down more inner systems (may be adding a "deep standby" choice available in setup if the wake up time could be noticeable higher as a result)

I mainly use the camera attached to my motorbike helmet, recording very short shots of the scenic parts to save battery and space in the card, but being to scarce the standby battery duration I have to turn the camera off when I suspect there's nothing interesting going on soon, and then turn it on and start recording. That takes a lot of time to response, and having to push two different buttons wearing winter gloves, especially the long pushes, is a real pain (the buttons in the waterproof case are pretty difficult to operate with those). As a result I miss the shot some times.

Auto record could fix part of the problem, but the start time is still there, and combined with the long pushes having to turn it off again are by no means as easy as just record and stop from the standby, which is totally straightforward.

Is not that the camera is not usable, far from that, I really love how it performs. I carry several batteries so never run out of juice, but in a long riding day is a shame having to change a lot of batteries to get may be 15 minutes or less of footage, only cause the way the standby works.

Enable "Quick Capture" in the system menu and you'll need just one clic to record/shutdown.

Of course a deeper sleep mode would be useful, specially thinking about the "remote" which needs the camera to be ON all the time (emptying the battery quickly) But that's how all the remote works i believe...

Oh man, I'm an utterly noob! that's just perfect for me. Thank you very much mate :)

(I had my mind on the Car Auto-start feature, that I used some time carrying the Git2 as a dashcam in some car trips)

That option plus the rotation covers nearly 99% of what I want for a camera. This little thing is brilliant! . Thanks developers, really appreciate the time and effort is going here.

I have the RC but didn't managed to use it, seems to devour batteries when in storage, so the one that comes with it and a spare one I put later went gone in the drawer before having a chance to test in the road. Would be great to have it but working only with the camera on right now has little use without a powerbank (i'm living on Ireland right now, so the waterproof case is a must)

Just two little more suggestions:
- To include "Quick Capture" in the UICONFIG.BIN , being such an useful option
- If technically possible, that might be not, the chance to have a louder beep (may be preserving the actual and having a 3 way switch: off/soft/loud or something like that)

Wearing the camera on a helmet you have no way to see the screen or any of the leds directly, so the amount of beeps is a great indication to know when you have the camera started, the recording starting or ending, or the shutdown procedure. My previous Hero 3 was a bit louder and I miss that little difference.

Back