Itronics ITB-100HD Review

ITB-100 is one of my favourite dashcams from design point of view. Triangle shape, high quality built and it had a good performance "back then".

ITB-100 is one of my favourite dashcams from design point of view. Triangle shape, high quality built and it had a good performance "back then".

Agreed. I know some of the newer ones have better image quality and that's a top priority. Is the ITB-100SPW better in this regard?

I've looked at some newer ones and have noticed there's typically a compromise with ugly/extraneous text on screen, shiny silvery bling that attracts attention, and so on. I'd love a smaller, higher quality version of this camera. :)

Agreed. I know some of the newer ones have better image quality and that's a top priority. Is the ITB-100SPW better in this regard?

I've looked at some newer ones and have noticed there's typically a compromise with ugly/extraneous text on screen, shiny silvery bling that attracts attention, and so on. I'd love a smaller, higher quality version of this camera. :)

Yeah, @ IQ these days some entry level or mid-class dashcams may outperform ITB-100. But from all so called "hanging-bracket style" dashcams I do think ITB-100 is one of the best design solutions - triangle design, low-profile bracket, black-matte "rubber-feeling" coating. Of course these days so called "wedge dashcams" which" are hugging a windshield they give more discrete installation.

Yeah, @ IQ these days some entry level or mid-class dashcams may outperform ITB-100. But from all so called "hanging-bracket style" dashcams I do think ITB-100 is one of the best design solutions - triangle design, low-profile bracket, black-matte "rubber-feeling" coating. Of course these days so called "wedge dashcams" which" are hugging a windshield they give more discrete installation.

Good to know! I love how technology improves. I'm much happier with the image quality from my GoPro Hero3+ Blacks. The wedge ones (like the Mobius Action Cam, I presume?) are very nice.

I see you're a distributor for the Street Guardian. They get great reviews here. Is there a version of the SG9665GC without an LCD for a more compact package?

We have a version without LCD but we haven't released it yet, size is the same anyway, its a lot smaller than it looks in the photos

Ok, well that's great....if the Joovuu X I have on order doesn't live up then I would be looking at the 9665GC WiFi model as I really like that form factor.

Thanks for the review.

Ive been looking to upgrade my ITB-70 which I've had since release and hasnt missed a beat. The only thing it lacks is video quality!

Mine works great..I have one in my ZR1 Corvette and look how crisp..I also have a Blackvue 650 and the difference in bitrate from the ITB-100HD is quite obvious. Both set at highest bitrate

Corvette ZR1 ITB-100HD

ML63 Mercedes blackvue 650

Mine works great..I have one in my ZR1 Corvette and look how crisp..I also have a Blackvue 650 and the difference in bitrate from the ITB-100HD is quite obvious. Both set at highest bitrate

Nice sample clips and good job with the JTK! ;)

Hey Vortex

Have you tried using the Parking mode?

Also does it still take 30 seconds to start recording with the latest firmware?

Last edited:
I really liked my Itronics as well, other than requiring a card format about every 30 days or so it performed flawlessly. Pretty good night quality as well for a camera that is now what would be considered "old" technology.

Well that could be why I needed to format regularly as I did have the higher bit rate/english firmware installed. I'm in Thailand and heat was never a problem with camera. I let that camera go with the truck when I sold it as I was sure there would be something better out there now......not sure I made the right choice but having some fun trying the different ones available now anyway.

I've had an ITB-100HD for over 4 years now I believe. Bought it via a random and risky email transaction and it came from Korea.

It hadn't missed a beat for 3 of those years, but I have started having problems with it. However, I think i've pinned it down to swapping to Sandisk Ultra cards - it seems to kill them.

Going to try Sandisk Extreme I think, or Transcend.

I thought the camera was broken, so looked for a replacement. To be honest, I can't find anything much better for less than £150. It's annoying!

I also have a lot of respect for the camera, since it was solely responsible for putting them blame firmly with the lying weasel lorry driver in this video, save me the excess and made my insurance company threaten him with court despite having no other witnesses :D

I've had an ITB-100HD for over 4 years now I believe. Bought it via a random and risky email transaction and it came from Korea.

It hadn't missed a beat for 3 of those years, but I have started having problems with it. However, I think i've pinned it down to swapping to Sandisk Ultra cards - it seems to kill them.

Going to try Sandisk Extreme I think, or Transcend.

I thought the camera was broken, so looked for a replacement. To be honest, I can't find anything much better for less than £150. It's annoying!

I also have a lot of respect for the camera, since it was solely responsible for putting them blame firmly with the lying weasel lorry driver in this video, save me the excess and made my insurance company threaten him with court despite having no other witnesses :D

That was quite scarry moment. I guess Video background music suits more funny videos not the accident video or it wasnt so scarry moment after all ? ;)

That was quite scarry moment. I guess Video background music suits more funny videos not the accident video or it wasnt so scarry moment after all ? ;)

Haha it was the first YouTube audio replacement I found to hide my girly scream!

My car has done about 80k since that incident - dashcam also.

I see you are a retailer niko - what do you recommend for one of the early members here? I know my dashcams but I'm worried that it will take an amazing dashcam to better my iteonics. Maybe SPW if I can find a distro in the UK?

Back