New XenForo Forum Software, Growing Pains, (Good/Bad feedback)

you can change it in your preferences but while some of the other colours look nicer they also alter the layout which some may not like

Thanks jokiin i just noticed that there is a Style chooser at the very bottom right side of the page (Same thing that you mentioned under Preferences now that i take a look) about 30 seconds ago. I am trying out xenPowa right now. Looks a lot better and the forum is a lot easier to read.

not sure if it's a site problem or a tapatalk one but notifications seem to be all over the place today, anyone else having issues?

I haven't seen any issues with Tapatalk today. It usually triggers some kind of server error but today has been fine. Might be something on Tapatalk's side.

Thanks jokiin i just noticed that there is a Style chooser at the very bottom right side of the page (Same thing that you mentioned under Preferences now that i take a look) about 30 seconds ago. I am trying out xenPowa right now. Looks a lot better and the forum is a lot easier to read.

Nice find on the Style Chooser. It even works for guests so they can quickly change formats. I learn something new about this software every day as well.

I haven't seen any issues with Tapatalk today. It usually triggers some kind of server error but today has been fine. Might be something on Tapatalk's side.

yeah it came good about half a day later (think everyone was asleep in your end of the world at the time)

In the last few days, I've only been receiving a handful of email notifications for subscribed threads. When I check my alerts in the upper right, I always see more there vs the emails I received. (I do get a few email notifications though, and none are in my spam folder)

Not sure about this one but a lot of forum software won't send multiple messages, once you've been notified once they hold off until you check in again

Not sure about this one but a lot of forum software won't send multiple messages, once you've been notified once they hold off until you check in again

hmmm possibly, I just re-visited all the threads I'm subscribed to and see if I continue to miss new notifications. Some were from DIY threads and other locations I haven't visited since last week.

If posts get shifted that might break the subscription also, not sure if this applied anyway though

Im getting zero tapatalk iOS push notifications. I disabled/re-enabled tapatalk push notifications and double checked dashcamtalk is signed in correctly. (And subscribed threads list shows up) Anyone else experiencing this?

The forum is great, one of the best layouts and feature sets I've seen on forums. I like that I can start a reply, leave it and come back to finish it later. Even though I've closed the browser, my draft text is still there when I come back to the forum.

However, sometimes the question has been since addressed and I don't want to finish my post. How can I delete my draft, I tried select-all and delete, but it's still there in light grey. Is there a cancel or delete post option? Do I post it then press delete?

Preview does not seem to show the whole post if the post you are editing is somewhat long.

The forum is great, one of the best layouts and feature sets I've seen on forums. I like that I can start a reply, leave it and come back to finish it later. Even though I've closed the browser, my draft text is still there when I come back to the forum.

However, sometimes the question has been since addressed and I don't want to finish my post. How can I delete my draft, I tried select-all and delete, but it's still there in light grey. Is there a cancel or delete post option? Do I post it then press delete?

Automatically saving draft posts is a nice feature. I know I have created long posts than accidentally closed the browser or changed pages. You can manually save or delete a draft by clicking the disc icon on the tool bar. So no need to post it just use the little icon.

Regarding previewing long posts, that is interesting that the Preview does not show everything. I will check to see if there is any solution. Note that you could select the "More Options..." button. This will take you to a new page and you can press preview there. This should work for long posts.

You can manually save or delete a draft by clicking the disc icon on the tool bar. So no need to post it just use the little icon.

Ah, ok, missed that, there are two options when clicking on the floppy disk icon, delete or save draft.

The other nice thing about the forum is the ease to quote someone, edit it and have it appear with the orange background for contrast.

I have been noticing sometimes when i visit the main site the top of the page can display one of two ways.
Long ways witch i prefer with a list of four or five things to click on from left to right
or
as one button that says menu i click it and it drops down.
Happens both ways when using chrome. I don't use Firefox as often anymore to test it out in extensively though.

The main site is based on Wordpress and is using a responsive theme. The menus are displayed horizontally (normal way) if there is enough space and vertically under the menu button with a drop down if there isn't enough space. You can test this by just resizing the browser from small to large. The drop down is really designed for devices with small screens, to prevent scrolling left to right.

Oh that makes sense. I must of had my browser zoomed in just far enough to cause it to display the drop down way
Thanks for letting me know

Back