My review

Gary T.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First, the positive part of the review- The video quality is very good.
I purchased the SGZC12SG through Amazon about 10 days ago. We mounted and installed the dashcam Sunday, 11/27. Then, when sliding the mount onto the camera body (the 3M tape mount) the GPS assembly (clamshell) broke off of the camera body, exposing the GPS sensor. Disappointed, but wanting to finish off and get a working dash cam after spending my Sunday afternoon installing it, I superglued the top piece back on. Then, the next day, I wanted to remove the SD card to view it on my desktop and gently pushed the spring loaded card, caressing the camera body gently from the opposite side to relieve any stress on the mount. The mount broke anyway where it inserts onto the camera body.
I did a lot of research and spent top dollar for a dash cam solution that I wrongly concluded is a quality product. Unfortunately, even though the unit fulfilled all my requirements as far as features, it is still cheaply made, poor components with zero quality control. Paying a higher price does not get you better quality assembly and materials.
I'm scared to touch the thing wondering what is going to fall off next.

We'be sold quite a few of these and that's not normal for sure. (Very odd) Send me your order number, name, address, and email. I'll take care of you asap.

We'be sold quite a few of these and that's not normal for sure. (Very odd) Send me your order number, name, address, and email. I'll take care of you asap.
Sir, could you send me an email addy or some other method to send you the receipt? I can't upload the receipt through P.M., and rather not post it publicly.
Thank You.

Sent, email.
Thank You for the quick responses.
-GT
UPDATE, 12/11:
Sometimes a couple of quick negative experiences "damn" an entire product and/ or Company. Such was my case as seen in my post. Since my initial ordeal, which was indeed frustrating, I have come to know as a business owner myself (as always) that Customer Service- and ultimately, of course a worthy product- makes all the difference. The service I have received from Street Guardian USA has been nothing short of outstanding. Bottom line, my concerns were addressed immediately, replacement parts sent next day as needed, and marvelous product knowledge all came together to produce an awesome experience. I now appear to have a functioning unit, mounted and working as expected. The video quality is superb, all features fine. I'm comforted to know the team is there if needed again as well.

All in all, very pleased. Thanks. Gary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA SGZC12SG 25
Back