Ignoring safety, Comcast workers cause multiple slide offs and an accident with injury

I had my fingers crossed a car would smack into the cherry picker while he was on it.

Well that prompted me to look, do Comcast have Danish owners, and have their incompetence and smugness filtered over the pond.

That guy in the Dodge truck lucked out, just slam on the brakes and go sideways just in between 2 other cars.

What I don't understand is, why are all the vehicles camouflage coloured? And why do the work vehicles not have big reflective stickers, just some small dirty flashing lights that the camera has a hard job seeing?

If you wanted to choose a better camouflage for use in snow you would have difficulty!

article.full.jpg

Last edited:
But a few more orange cones would make them more visible?

It's daylight. This is not an area where snow is unusual.

Even if they had a 'road work ahead' sign beyond that small rise in the topography, most drivers treat the upcoming cones, barriers, and closed lane as some sort of obstacle they need to beat other traffic to, preferably without spilling their coffee or dropping the cell phone they are texting on.
They don't read or heed the effing signs.
(Although if there is some legal requirement to have different or more signage, the utility worker should have put them up) {so the dumbarses can run over them and still whine and sue, but you would lessen your liability} (somewhat)

If they're going too fast to avoid the utility truck with lights and orange cones ahead, they're going too fast. Period. If you noticed, not every car that passes through there magically slid off the road.
The only real crime i see is the black truck that rear ended the VW, and kept going.

I hope the 'cam guy' gets lots of orange cones for christmas. :)

Hmm. I think those people standing too near the road were causing panic braking that lead to skids. In any case it wasn't smart putting themselves there.

I got some of those road flares (battery type.) I didn't buy them especially for road use, but keep them in the van. They might come in useful some day. I like the rechargeable megaflares best.

Those who crashed were:
1-Not paying attention to the roadway ahead :(
2-Travelling faster than they could maintain control of their vehicle :eek:
3-Not seeing an obstacle orders of magnitude larger than a small child :mad:

Yeah, the Comcast folks could have done better but it was and is the crashing drivers fault (save for those hit by another when stopped while fully in their own lane). If you can't figure out how to operate your vehicle safely in a simple situation like this then you're stupid, so naturally you'll blame somebody else.

Phil

Sometimes, when you see cars ahead that have slid off the road, and people standing near the cars, looking confused, you can come to a conclusion that the road is slippery.
:)

I'm afraid in the US people have gotten so used to being able to blame others for their stupidity, it doesn't matter how many precautions you take. They'll still try to blame somebody else.

epic-fail-new-england-road-sign-win.jpg

Also society treats risk taking as something to be admired. Ask someone to be cautious nowadays, and it's like accusing them of being cowardly and submissive.

Of course there's calculated risk, and YOLO risk. I know which I prefer.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Sometimes, when you see cars ahead that have slid off the road, and people standing near the cars, looking confused, you can come to a conclusion that the road is slippery.
:)

This presumes that the drivers have functioning brains which is not mandatory for obtaining a license here in S.C. USA :eek: Thus either no conclusion would be reached or it would be the wrong conclusion :mad: We here on DCT would do a lot better than that :cool: The sign is a nice touch, but since nobody here pays much attention to road signs here, some idiot would crash into it attempting to read it; you do not have to be literate to be licensed here either!

Seriously, it's high time we reach the proper conclusion that many people are simply unfit to drive and should not be allowed to, then get those people off our roads!

Phil

It's often said that driving is a privilege not a right, but that isn't true. Provided you can demonstrate the ability to avoid an accident during a single test (or get a friend to do it for you) you are guaranteed a licence.

I don't think that's the main problem though. The real issue is its harder to ban a bad driver than to give him his licence in the first place. And even when banned he can usually drive again later without adequately proving he has changed his ways.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

I saw a news article recently about a driver with 12 previous DUI convictions, was caught again.

I'm not sure this is the same one I stumbled on, recently, but this guy killed a girl, in the process of racking up his 13th DUI conviction, as well as 2d degree murder charges.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ing-convictions-charged-girls-death/87922496/

If you're not going to lock them up, maybe we need to tattoo them on the forehead?
'Call police if you see this person driving!'

I just read in the news today the kid that did +100 km/h in Copenhagen ( 50 km/h limit ) and doing so killed a pedestrian i think he hit on the sidewalk and not the road, and who also had alcohol and cannabis in his blood.
Well he just got 2 years of prison :(:mad: and to me thats a down right insult by the justice system here.

The world need to come down hard on stupid and incompetence, and i mean really god damn hard, like a ton of bricks.

I got an ex-friend who was bragging, if he drive 180-200km through small tree in Copenhagen, he could get the green line.
Lucky nobody got killed and after many attempt police got him. He lost his right to have driver license for 5 years.

After hearing cones and more cones so many times in the video I couldn't help but to visualize a "More cones, we need more cones!" sketch being made by SNL. :p:D

I wish some TV station would run Coneheads again, been a while since i seen it

Aside for my skull shape i always felt a kinship with Beldar.

I found just what the Comcast guys need for the job:

VLC small.jpg

:D

I saw a news article recently about a driver with 12 previous DUI convictions, was caught again.

I'm not sure this is the same one I stumbled on, recently, but this guy killed a girl, in the process of racking up his 13th DUI conviction, as well as 2d degree murder charges.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ing-convictions-charged-girls-death/87922496/

If you're not going to lock them up, maybe we need to tattoo them on the forehead?
'Call police if you see this person driving!'
Obviously if after 12 convictions he still hasn't learned then the only tattoo he needs on his forehead is one applied with a small hot piece of lead moving somewhere just above the speed of sound. It'd save everyone a lot of time and money and future problems.

But nooooo, that's "cruel and unusual". :rolleyes: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back