TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
SJCAM SJ360 Camera is a 360 degree camera with a Sony IMX078 sensor. Check out full specs here:

SJ360

Will this 360 cam also have loop recording , like a dashcam ? And will it be possible to extract 2 1920 x 1080 video files , back & front videos.

Will this 360 cam also have loop recording , like a dashcam ? And will it be possible to extract 2 1920 x 1080 video files , back & front videos.
It doesn't have loop recording yet....

I would assume you can strip two 1080p steams off the spherical footage, but i am not sure as i so far had little interest in 360 footage.

BUT ! the new software i have coming ( pinnacle studio 20 ultimate ) can handle such footage, so maybe one day i will give it a try.
But so far my focus is on 1080p -> 4K footage in a regular format, but this might change as VR become more cheaper - mainstream and i personally can find a reason for investing in VR goggles and camera.
But so far this i think is far off in the future.

A lot of BUTs here i just noticed :) but,,,, again :rolleyes:,,,,, just prove how unsure i am about this 360 stuff.

What i really would like to see is a camera addon to VR goggles that allow for you to turn those into a pair of night vision or maybe even thermal goggles, maybe even object tracking of environment as self driving cars use.

I wouldent mind walking around in a dark forrest even if what i see is just a wireframe representation of whats around me, or laid on top of a video steam to argument that.

Some of the new VR/AR stuff look pretty darn cool, but i am mostely interested in outdoor use.

Last edited:
I would assume you can strip two 1080p steams off the spherical footage, but i am not sure as i so far had little interest in 360 footage.

not something I've looked into too much but the ones I have seen haven't supported full HD output in any of the resolution formats offered

Yeah my computer tho its not a low end one will probably fold if i was to mess with such things, at least if the footage come of one of the stunning multi camera setups.

But AMD have my back,,,, for a prize offcourse.

not something I've looked into too much but the ones I have seen haven't supported full HD output in any of the resolution formats offered
Kodak 360 4k version has many options in their software .

Found it for $149 at Geekbuying, how's it at that price?

Back