Camera SQ8 recording automatically starting car??

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello, I was interested in buying mini camera 0805 but I have read very bad feedback from buyers on Amazon.
I am thinking of buying a cheap camera and that is hidden and discreet. I thought the SQ8 camera is cheap 15 euros and the resolution is 1080p 15fps and 720p 30fps. But I have some doubts.
Do you know if this camera starts recording automatically after starting the car ?? Have the dashcam mode ??

You can buy mini 0805 from local seller with good reputation: will be fine.
Or you can buy A119 - Seems good and reliable.
You should buy from trustly sourse or buy from a local reseller !

Then the camera has no automatic recording mode ??

not sure, it's a rubbish product though, the 0805 is not without problems but still a far better option, if you're on a budget look at the A118C2, it will work properly and will be more stable

A question!! How do you guys do not open your car and steal the camera ??
You pick and put each time?
Do you hide it in any way ??
I think it's very eye-catching for thieves

not sure, it's a rubbish product though, the 0805 is not without problems but still a far better option, if you're on a budget look at the A118C2, it will work properly and will be more stable
And what do you think of the cameras sj4000 and sj5000 ?? And can be used for many other things and sports

SJ4000 are ok, the 5000 range have been hit and miss, they're very obvious if used for dashcam use so you'd have to take them in and out a lot

SJ4000 are ok, the 5000 range have been hit and miss, they're very obvious if used for dashcam use so you'd have to take them in and out a lot
SJ4000 yes but sj5000 no
why?

I don't feel the YI makes for a good dashcam, I think you probably should work out exactly what you want feature/cost wise and see what fits your criteria, from SQ8 to YI 4k is a lot of difference

I don't feel the YI makes for a good dashcam, I think you probably should work out exactly what you want feature/cost wise and see what fits your criteria, from SQ8 to YI 4k is a lot of difference
I would like the camra to be very very small like the SQ8 but it had good image quality at minimum 1080p 30fps. I've only seen a Finevu.
Do you know very small camera gap with good resolution
If there are no small cameras I prefer to buy an action camera and use it for ski, mtb, car etc ... for many other things

I don't think you're going to find a decent dashcam as small as that SQ8, however, there are plenty of small and discreet options available.

There's the small matchbox style cameras like the Mobius, JooVuu X, Inovv, etc. The Mobius I know has a remote lens option, so, you could hide the camera body and just have the small lens visible. There's a video by Techmoan which should give you some idea of how this works. These matchbox cameras are usually dual purpose, so, you could use them as a dashcam or action cam, which ever you needed that day. However, it's best to have a dedicated dashcam to ensure it's always there and ready, you never know when something might happen.

The most discreet cameras are probably the wedge style cameras. Eg. Viofo A118C2, A119, A119S and the Street Guardian SG9665GC. Street Guardian also have a camera where the small lens is on a wire and you can hide the main body pretty much anywhere in your dash. Similar to a remote lens Mobius job but with a much longer wire. That one is called the SGZC12RC.

The cheapest of all those is probably the A118C2 or a Mobius (the older version). If you want dirt cheap then you will probably be disapointed.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to find a decent dashcam as small as that SQ8, however, there are plenty of small and dicreet options available.

There's the small matchbox style cameras like the Mobius, JooVuu X, Inovv, etc. The Mobius I know has a remote lens option, so, you could hide the camera body and just have the small lens visible. There's a video by Techmoan which should give you some idea of how this works. These matchbox cameras are usually dual purpose, so, you could use them as a dashcam or action cam, which ever you needed that day. However, it's best to have a dedicated dashcam to ensure it's always there and ready, you never know when something might happen.

The most discreet cameras are probably the wedge style cameras. Eg. Viofo A118C2, A119, A119S and the Street Guardian SG9665GC. Street Guardian also have a camera where the small lens is on a wire and you can hide the main body pretty much anywhere in your dash. Similar to a remote lens Mobius job but with a much longer wire. That one is called the SGZC12RC.

The cheapest of all those is probably the A118C2 or a Mobius (the older version). If you want dirt cheap then you will probably be disapointed.

The cameras that you comment Movius, Joo Vuu are very big, the only one I like is the INNOVV K1 but the price is very expensive and the reviews are not very good either.
I would like a camera of the style and size INNOVV or SQ8 With 1080p 30fps I do not mind that I do not incorporate GPS, detection of movimineot, wifi etc. I want a simple camera

Back