DAB 201 external gps module

I don't know if no gps version can operate with GPS module but if you're from Prahova, maybe we can meet to do a test with my gps module.
If you want to buy must be careful DAB 201 uses 2.5 mm jack connector for gps module!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...0C-GS98C-D201-GS52D-Car-DVR/32631370455.html?

Thank you for reply, i am from Bucharest, but i already payed for the item posted in my link, i hope the jack is 2.5 mm, it didn't say in the description..
i just have to wait now to receive my module.. i will write a post if it works.
Even if it has no internal gps, it should work with module, near the jack is written the text: GPS.
ms. Cristian!

Perhaps the only difference between the camera with and without GPS, is that one has and the other does not GPS module.
Let's hope it works, but if you ordered the module from the link posted by you, sorry but is useless it has a 3.5 mm jack. (This is written in the product description: Standard 3.5mm headset plug )

gps module arrived, but it doesn't work, got stereo 3.5 to 2.5 jack adapter, the gps icon gets red but not green

ordered new www,aliexpress,com/item/Car-DVR-GPS-Antenna-GPS-Module-for-G90-GS90A-GS90C-GS98C-D201-GS52D-Car-DVR/32631370455.html it's working

gps module arrived, but it doesn't work, got stereo 3.5 to 2.5 jack adapter, the gps icon gets red but not green
I had the same problem that I got the 3,5mm jack. I also took an 3,5mm jack female to 2,5mm male adapter cable.
As soon as you insert the 2,5mm plug a little bit into the jack hole of the dash cam, the GPS icon in the screen turns from white with a cross to red without a cross.(also if the 3,5mm male plug is not inserted in the 3,5mm female jack plug.(so the GPS actually still disconnected).
Then I connected everything again and turned the dash cam off and on and let it rest for a day connected to usb charger and GPS near the window. Now the red icon turned light blue. From the menus I can not tell if it works, but I will give it a spin tomorrow as I have to drive quite some distances.
See attachments with pictures of the screen and cables.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121-174759.png
    Screenshot_20191121-174759.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20191121-175010~01.png
    Screenshot_20191121-175010~01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I can confirm that the adapter cable 3,5mm female jack to 2,5mm male jack works. Driving speed and location is stored.
The GPS in I bought is from Azdome with an 3,5mm jack.

Back