'Choice' reviewed 21 dashcams: Only the DOD LS470W got a buy recommedation

Shame they missed the Street Guardian stuff out - seems a bit odd they quote some cameras as having a 1080 pixel vertical resolution then say the LS470W is 1920 and another camera is 2560 - I don't think they know the difference between horizontal and vertical!

I don't think they know the difference between horizontal and vertical!

I went to a product launch day last year and two of the writers from Choice were there, after meeting them I have a better understanding of why they struggle with the basics

dumb_a.jpg

Not a particularly good sampling of what's available in the market. Other than the first one they seem to have a real preference for suction mounted 'brick on a stick' cameras.

Not a particularly good sampling of what's available in the market. Other than the first one they seem to have a real preference for suction mounted 'brick on a stick' cameras.

Choice reviews products that available from Australian stores. That said, i didnt even know half of those cams existed...

Their reviews for white goods is decent but their car accessories section is severely lacking. Its basically a simplistic guide for the common idiot.

Would sooner rely on this forum over choice any day. Used to buy their mag but dont any more as it has been proved that what they recommend is not necessarily the best in the real world.

Back