DDPai Mini2 Review

Glad I spoke to you, Joobyzhou just mailed me saying you can, think its getting lost in translation, but his english grammar is better than my chinese!!

Quazi, there's a website titled Techmoan, google on this. He does dash cam reviews and he does refer on his review of ddpai m6+ that the mini 2 is good rear view camera and that some 3rd party manufacturer does a "detachable" mount. I've tried searching for one but can only see a replacement mount for the mini 806 that combines gps. Might be worth contacting Techmoan for advice on the 3rd party supplier.
Cheers Steve.

Glad I spoke to you, Joobyzhou just mailed me saying you can, think its getting lost in translation, but his english grammar is better than my chinese!!

Quazi, there's a website titled Techmoan, google on this. He does dash cam reviews and he does refer on his review of ddpai m6+ that the mini 2 is good rear view camera and that some 3rd party manufacturer does a "detachable" mount. I've tried searching for one but can only see a replacement mount for the mini 806 that combines gps. Might be worth contacting Techmoan for advice on the 3rd party supplier.
Cheers Steve.

I've taken the Mini2 partially apart. If you remove the 4 screws at the SD card end, you can pull off the mount. There's a power cord that remains attached, which could be detached by some screws on the mount itself, and removing the microusb connection from the mount. So a "detachable" mount would have to incorporate all that. Can't imagine anyone has made one for the Mini2, if anyone, would probably have to be DDPai.

quazi - lost in translation is my guess.

Does this work in a dual cam setup with the m6+? Is the mini 2 the same quality as m6+ since it's the same sensor?

Does this work in a dual cam setup with the m6+? Is the mini 2 the same quality as m6+ since it's the same sensor?

My understanding is the Mini2 will not work in tandem with the M6+, only the Mini and M6c can work in tandem. I don't have an M6+ to compare the Mini2 with, but the video samples I've seen of the M6+ looks the same as my Mini2.

Thank you for this review. I think I will buy 4 of these for my car.

Upon more reading. It seems there is no difference in terms of performance between the mini 2 and the original mini. I mean the 1440 doesn't even look better than the 1080p. So why not save money and get the original mini right?

I'd disagree - Mini 1 is based on a different chipset and sensor. You'd have to compare them to see what are the differences. In my brief look, the Mini 2 seemed to perform much better.

Mini 6C and Mini 1 have the same chipset and sensor
Mini 6+ and Mini 2 have the same chipset and sensor

I'd disagree - Mini 1 is based on a different chipset and sensor. You'd have to compare them to see what are the differences. In my brief look, the Mini 2 seemed to perform much better.

Mini 6C and Mini 1 have the same chipset and sensor
Mini 6+ and Mini 2 have the same chipset and sensor
Ah, good point @Yooshaw thanks for that. Makes me feel better to purchase Mini 2

@Yooshaw , is there a way to turn off the blinking light? I see nothing in the app to turn off blinking light on the cam.
If no way from the app, can we take the cam apart and remove LED?

@Yooshaw , is there a way to turn off the blinking light? I see nothing in the app to turn off blinking light on the cam.
If no way from the app, can we take the cam apart and remove LED?

Sorry, just saw your post. No easy way to turn it off. My recommendation would be to cover it with some electrical tape if it really bothers you. I like it because I can tell if it's recording at a glance.

On that note, I noticed my light was not coming on. The unit completely died - it won't power on. I've tried multiple power sources to rule that out as well. Refuses to turn on. Won't be getting another DDPai - time lapse parking mode was semi-reliable, and of course the unit itself was unreliable. Won't ever buy direct from China again either.

Best of luck on yours!

The unit completely died - it won't power on. I've tried multiple power sources to rule that out as well. Refuses to turn on. Won't be getting another DDPai - time lapse parking mode was semi-reliable, and of course the unit itself was unreliable. Won't ever buy direct from China again either.

Do you think the in vehicle heat (when parked) and leaving it running in the parking mode could have killed it?

Do you think the in vehicle heat (when parked) and leaving it running in the parking mode could have killed it?

It should have shut itself down when the ddpai detect it overheating, at least on mine, it shuts down for a few hours until it is cool enough to operate when I was doing my testing on the ddpai mini 2.

Maybe, it's hard to tell. I consistently had problems with artifacts/ghosting in parking mode images. I had even fitted a small fan to keep it cool, and that seemed to help - up until it died.

On that note, I noticed my light was not coming on. The unit completely died - it won't power on. I've tried multiple power sources to rule that out as well. Refuses to turn on. Won't be getting another DDPai - time lapse parking mode was semi-reliable, and of course the unit itself was unreliable. Won't ever buy direct from China again either.

We've also had problems with our DDPai Mini 2 (my Mini 1 wasn't that great either). QC keeps me away from recommending this brand over some other offerings available in the market.

We've also had problems with our DDPai Mini 2 (my Mini 1 wasn't that great either). QC keeps me away from recommending this brand over some other offerings available in the market.

Agree!

Yooshaw, I just looked at your list of dashcams. Which, out all you've owned, gave/ gives the best low light video quality?

I've only used a couple of the early Mobius (A lens). I'm looking for something with better low light capabilities that won't "melt" on a hot day (I'm not intending on using any parking modes in a hot vehicle.)

Yooshaw, I just looked at your list of dashcams. Which, out all you've owned, gave/ gives the best low light video quality?

I've only used a couple of the early Mobius (A lens). I'm looking for something with better low light capabilities that won't "melt" on a hot day (I'm not intending on using any parking modes in a hot vehicle.)

For me, it's a toss-up betwee nthe Mini2 and SG9665GC. Obviously I can't recommend the Mini 2, so SG9665GC for sure. However, I am still experiencing focus shifts on both my V1 and replacement V2 SG9665GC after sitting in the sun on a hot day. Not sure if the V3 has been updated in this regard though.

Back