A119 Stop Recording, Only Show VIOFO logo on screen

owah

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
A119 stop recording and the screen only shows VIOFO logo. Other buttons stop working and only power button works to switch off the camera. Reset button is also not working.
Please help.

What memory card are you using?
Are you using GPS?

I use LEXAR Platinum class 10 32 GB. I used GPS but if without GPS also same problem. Thanks

In VIOFO website forum, many people have the same problem but VIOFO does not reply with solution.

A119 stop recording and the screen only shows VIOFO logo. Other buttons stop working and only power button works to switch off the camera. Reset button is also not working.
Please help.

try the following :
1) disconnect power then remove microSD card
2) disconnect GPS module
3) connect power from known good 1 to 3amp 5volt adapter (not from computer) using known good miniUSB cable

if original problem continues test with different miniUSB cable - repeat steps 1 - 3

4) if display screen prompts for microSD card, press power button to OFF and disconnect power cable then insert known good microSD card then power ON.
5) press Menu button then format the microSD card from the dashcam menu, then power OFF and back ON again.

if original problem remains after changing cables insert microSD card into computer to verify no damage and partition is FAT32 and isn't made bootable and is empty, else swap out card for another - repeat steps 1-5.
if original problem remains leave microSD card out but power cable connected using indoor 1-3amp 5 volt adapter from smartphone or tablet for 4 hours to charge RTC (RealTimeClock) then repeat steps 1-5.

try the following :
1) disconnect power then remove microSD card
2) disconnect GPS module
3) connect power from known good 1 to 3amp 5volt adapter (not from computer) using known good miniUSB cable

if original problem continues test with different miniUSB cable - repeat steps 1 - 3

4) if display screen prompts for microSD card, press power button to OFF and disconnect power cable then insert known good microSD card then power ON.
5) press Menu button then format the microSD card from the dashcam menu, then power OFF and back ON again.

if original problem remains after changing cables insert microSD card into computer to verify no damage and partition is FAT32 and isn't made bootable and is empty, else swap out card for another - repeat steps 1-5.
if original problem remains leave microSD card out but power cable connected using indoor 1-3amp 5 volt adapter from smartphone or tablet for 4 hours to charge RTC (RealTimeClock) then repeat steps 1-5.
Thank you.
I followed all steps but it remains the same problem. i changed 5 cables and 3 microSD cards and 2 IPAD adapters. The camera was ON but hang at viofo logo and no recording.
The camera was working before with the microSD card and the cable and was automatic recording when car is switch on until the problem exist. So it is not the cable/microSD card issues.
I am not if this is the firmware issue ? My camera was updated to latest firmware.

Hopefully viofo can reply with solution.

Thank you.
I followed all steps but it remains the same problem. i changed 5 cables and 3 microSD cards and 2 IPAD adapters. The camera was ON but hang at viofo logo and no recording.
The camera was working before with the microSD card and the cable and was automatic recording when car is switch on until the problem exist. So it is not the cable/microSD card issues.
I am not if this is the firmware issue ? My camera was updated to latest firmware.

Hopefully viofo can reply with solution.

When the simpler causes are eliminated you are left with Firmware. Suggest you downgrade to previous FW version. My A119 has V2.01 and I don't recommend it since I'm experiencing GPS & audio issues. Remember these dashcams have a multi-step FW update procedure involving the "loader" first then deleted then FW added to card and dashcam powered up and finally format microSD card. Its the only device I know that has those odd procedure so follow the instructions inside the firmware file download.
good luck

When the simpler causes are eliminated you are left with Firmware. Suggest you downgrade to previous FW version. My A119 has V2.01 and I don't recommend it since I'm experiencing GPS & audio issues. Remember these dashcams have a multi-step FW update procedure involving the "loader" first then deleted then FW added to card and dashcam powered up and finally format microSD card. Its the only device I know that has those odd procedure so follow the instructions inside the firmware file download.
good luck
Unfortunately, it appears that users are unable to update the firmware when experiencing this issue. A couple of users have tried and they have said they were unable to load it.

So what does one do in this instance?
Is the Camera now useless?
Well, Viofo is back from their break, so maybe wait to see if they have any ideas. Would like to see if anyone else has tried to update with this issue. I'm just going by what a couple of users have posted on another site.

Please help.
Just return it under warranty and get another one sent to you ...Problem solved>

If the dashcam is under warranty and you've tried all suggestions narrowing your path down to returning the product you now have nothing left to lose so...
Suggest you try the old 30-30-30 Hard-Reset used on routers with firmware issues. This is a perfect opportunity since the device is basically locked up and you can help others and confirm it will work or not. If you are successful immediately downgrade the FW to V2.00
30-30-30 Hard-Reset
1) connect power from 1-3amp 5volt charger
2) push and HOLD paperclip end into RESET switch hole (R) on side (not too much pressure)
3) wait 30 seconds HOLDing paperclip in hole
4) while still HOLDing paperclip in hole unplug power cable wait 30 seconds
5) while still HOLDing paperclip in hole reconnect power cable wait full 30 seconds

6) release paperclip and note any change to display screen
7) press Power button to turn off dashcam then unplug power
8) remove microSD card and copy the LDxxxx.bin file to card and insert back into dashcam and reconnect power (not from computer USB port)
9) if the Loader worked (3 seconds), power off and remove microSD card now delete LDxxxx.bin and copy on FWxxxx.bin v2.00 and insert to dashcam and power on
10) good luck

note: if the previous FW update failed the dashcam may actually be waiting for the FWxxxx.bin file so as a last resort simple perform step#9 remembering to delete the LDxxxx.bin first.

Last edited:
On a side note re problems with the Viofo, I have now returned my one to the seller up in London.
Will wait now & see if they repair or replace.
I did say in my note to them I wanted a replacement, seeing it was only 2 days old.

So this was posted on the Viofo support forum page. Maybe someone wants to try and confirm this works?

"I had the exact problem with the camera being stuck on the boot up "viofo" screen with only the power and rec buttons lite... Managed to fixed it by copying the firmware file only: FWBA119 to the root of a micro sd card and then plugging the A119 to a computer USB port with the short supplied cable Waited for 1 minute and the camera rebooted into the "mass storage" display screen. Powered off the A119, unplugged the USB cable from the computer and all good afterwards! Hope this helps someone"

So this was posted on the Viofo support forum page. Maybe someone wants to try and confirm this works?

"I had the exact problem with the camera being stuck on the boot up "viofo" screen with only the power and rec buttons lite... Managed to fixed it by copying the firmware file only: FWBA119 to the root of a micro sd card and then plugging the A119 to a computer USB port with the short supplied cable Waited for 1 minute and the camera rebooted into the "mass storage" display screen. Powered off the A119, unplugged the USB cable from the computer and all good afterwards! Hope this helps someone"
Yes, it works.

After update to 2.01 i got problems, my camera is still restarting when power in the car.
Before update screen was flickering but camera works just fine.
Where i can download older firmware version to downgrade my A119?
Edit: I find 1.1 on viofo website.

Is this safe to downgrade from 2.01 to 1.1?
In download there is only one file
NjfA9qE.png

So i need only put this on sd card and power up camera?

After update to 2.01 i got problems, my camera is still restarting when power in the car.
Before update screen was flickering but camera works just fine.
Where i can download older firmware version to downgrade my A119?
Edit: I find 1.1 on viofo website.

Is this safe to downgrade from 2.01 to 1.1?
In download there is only one file
NjfA9qE.png

So i need only put this on sd card and power up camera?
Your issue sounds like a power issue, not a firmware issue. How are you powering the camera?

Yep is related to power, by before update camera work just fine.

There is my topic: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119-restarting-on-1080-60-when-cold.26811/#post-316250

I order new 3m cable, we will see.
If this dosent work, how to downgrade?
Yep is related to power, by before update camera work just fine.

There is my topic: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viofo-a119-restarting-on-1080-60-when-cold.26811/#post-316250

I order new 3m cable, we will see.
If this dosent work, how to downgrade?
instructions will come with the firmware file.

Back