Dash Cam doesnt record all the time.....

ultimica06

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Not sure if anyone else is suffering from this issue...

I recently noticed my Mini 0805 sometimes does record my entire roadtrip for some reason...I always check to see if the Blue Light is going and it is.

Also when I pop the Memory Card into my laptop for review the video files I notice there are files missing from a morning period video then skips most of my road trip and then the next file is a few hours later...which kinda sucks!..

There anything I can do to fix this?....or any hints??

Thanks!!!

Hello!

Not sure if anyone else is suffering from this issue...

I recently noticed my Mini 0805 sometimes does record my entire roadtrip for some reason...I always check to see if the Blue Light is going and it is.

Also when I pop the Memory Card into my laptop for review the video files I notice there are files missing from a morning period video then skips most of my road trip and then the next file is a few hours later...which kinda sucks!..

There anything I can do to fix this?....or any hints??

Thanks!!!

Hi!
I bought a 0805 two weeks ago, and I met the same issue. Although it seems like recording, but a lot of files are missing. Motion detection is off. Could you fix the problem?

Hi!
I bought a 0805 two weeks ago, and I met the same issue. Although it seems like recording, but a lot of files are missing. Motion detection is off. Could you fix the problem?

what memory card are you using?

have you tested the card with h2testw?

what memory card are you using?

have you tested the card with h2testw?

One more issue. When looping, does it erase the whole card, and starts to rewrite it, or it starts to overwrite to oldest files? What I see it's a number of random files from different dates.

start by testing the card, the issue you have can easily be caused by a problem card, checking on the health of the card is always a good starting point

It's a brand new card, formatted by the dashcam...

One more issue. When looping, does it erase the whole card, and starts to rewrite it, or it starts to overwrite to oldest files? What I see it's a number of random files from different dates.

it's FIFO (first in, first out), the oldest file get's erased when the card is full to make room for the next file

It's a brand new card, formatted by the dashcam...

yep, even brand new cards can be a problem

it's FIFO (first in, first out), the oldest file get's erased when the card is full to make room for the next file

yep, even brand new cards can be a problem

So, it wasn't this the cause. What else can be?

Attachments

• 0805.jpg
    0805.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 12
turn off G-sensor and try to use it again after format your memory card :)

turn off G-sensor and try to use it again after format your memory card :)

G-sensor was off. In the first few days I looked at the recordings every day, trying to adjust the best setting. Once didn't want to record any more. I deleted all files, format the card again. This weekend I tested the loop, but as I wrote above, from 10 hours recording time, it just saved me 2,5 hours.

then try to power it from power hole in main body. Dont power it from GPS mount hole.

then try to power it from power hole in main body. Dont power it from GPS mount hole.

In this case GPS coordinates will not be recorded. The GPS will be without power supply.

In this case GPS coordinates will not be recorded. The GPS will be without power supply.
that's your problem. The connection between main body and GPS mount is loosen. Recording all the time or record without GPS coordinates. You chose.

that's your problem. The connection between main body and GPS mount is loosen. Recording all the time or record without GPS coordinates. You chose.

It's ridiculous to talk about things what we should not do. Turn off this, turn off that, don't use this, etc. All this stuff is a ****.

how's about warranty ?

Back