2.6 firmware never stops recording!

hyperm3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Vico Opia2 and loving it
So I just pulled the card out of my cam to check a recent recording and I noticed it was filled with one full day of recording(64gb card!). It was recording all through the night in my garage. I have the parking mode set for motion sensing and I watched a few of the videos and they are pitch black. Wondering if theres a glitch keeping it from turning off. On a side note, I guess it didnt run my battery down enough for the power plus to kick in!

Weird. Hope you get it figured out. I don't have mine installed that way. I plug it in to my Tractor every day as I take it home with me at night. I did just have a glitch where it did not overwrite all my files from the previous day. Thought it was strange. Keep us posted. GL

Weird. Hope you get it figured out. I don't have mine installed that way. I plug it in to my Tractor every day as I take it home with me at night. I did just have a glitch where it did not overwrite all my files from the previous day. Thought it was strange. Keep us posted. GL

Yeah, Ive been in touch with Vico about this. Their first response was to turn off parking mode which kind of annoyed me since this wasnt happening before the updated firmware. Last night I had two hours(9pm-11pm) of full 3 minute recordings in the darkness of my garage. I sent them one of the videos to review.

Yeah, Ive been in touch with Vico about this. Their first response was to turn off parking mode which kind of annoyed me since this wasnt happening before the updated firmware. Last night I had two hours(9pm-11pm) of full 3 minute recordings in the darkness of my garage. I sent them one of the videos to review.
Might be worth downgrading to 2.5 to see if motion detection goes back to how it was before.
Did it record all night or for just the 2 hours between 9-11?

Might be worth downgrading to 2.5 to see if motion detection goes back to how it was before.
Did it record all night or for just the 2 hours between 9-11?

Ive actually been thinking about that but the big thing for me on the update was the correct time format(not 24 hour). This time it was just recording for those 2 hours(after I had come home from a drive). Started up this morning correctly when it sensed me coming into the garage.

Ive actually been thinking about that but the big thing for me on the update was the correct time format(not 24 hour). This time it was just recording for those 2 hours(after I had come home from a drive). Started up this morning correctly when it sensed me coming into the garage.
Even though the video was pitch black, maybe the sensor was picking up on something. Mice? Long shot, but you never know. I guess I'd see if it's consistently recording overnight before downgrading if it's only happened one night so far (that your aware of anyway).

Even though the video was pitch black, maybe the sensor was picking up on something. Mice? Long shot, but you never know. I guess I'd see if it's consistently recording overnight before downgrading if it's only happened one night so far (that your aware of anyway).

It did it the whole night before when I posted this thread originally. Vico requested a video so I just pulled the card out and there it was, more recordings of nothing from last night. As far as it would seem, its doing it every night. I havent been pulling the card to check every day though.

So oddly enough, it hasnt been doing this since I pulled the card last. Not sure what it was, maybe ghosts?

Gotta love electronics. They do the weirdest things at times.

Also noticed it with mine, nonstop recording overnight. But at day it's back to normal motion detection recording. Maybe I can just switch to time-lapse everytime at night until the fix?

Sent from my HTC M8 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Vico-Opia2 2
L Vico-Opia2 1
M Vico-Opia2 11
Falsificator Vico-Opia2 37
Back