470 2ch not turning on, please help

igkabm

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello guys, I am new to this forum. After extensive research, I have decided to buy a Blackvue dash camera 470 2 ch. I had just received it a few days ago and decided to install it with the pmp. The camera would not turn on and the led lights on the dash camera stayed off. I have tried to trouble shoot the sd card by flashing it using the blackvue app and also formating it using the windows option ( FAT32). I have also tried to update teh firmware from 1.001 to 1.002 and back with no luck.I am confident that I have installed my PMP correctly as I the lights turn on but for some reason my camera is not turning on. Am I doing something wrong? Please help!

Have you turned the swich on the PMP to ON Try the camera direct into the ciggy socket and see what happens

Last edited:
Have you turned the swich on the PMP to ON Try the camera direct into the ciggy socket and see what happens
Yes I have, with no luck. I have also tried the camera without the PMP. I can't pin point the source of the problem but am suspecting the micro sd card.

That wont prevent the camera getting power and showing it is trying to start up Power it up WITHOUT the SD card and it should say No SD Card

There is a fuse in the ciggy plug Maybe it has blown Its usually a 2 amp.

That wont prevent the camera getting power and showing it is trying to start up Power it up WITHOUT the SD card and it should say No SD Card

There is a fuse in the ciggy plug Maybe it has blown Its usually a 2 amp.
Hmm, that's a good point let me try that tmw.

Hmm, that's a good point let me try that tmw.
Ok, looks like you're on to something. I have tried it without the SD card with power adapter plugged in to the pump (on and off) as well as directly into the cigerate lighter with no success. It might very well be a defective camera or bad power fuse in the adapter.

Ok, looks like you're on to something. I have tried it without the SD card with power adapter plugged in to the pump (on and off) as well as directly into the cigerate lighter with no success. It might very well be a defective camera or bad power fuse in the adapter.
Ok found the burnt fuse.. Any thought as to how that happened?

Not a clue put a new one in and turn it on If its the camera you will know why he sold it.

The fuse size should be 6mm x 30mm, DIY electronic stores should have them (is Radio shack still around? haha)

Theres one in the plug and one in a plastic cartridge just upstream from the plug

I guess he would know that when he pulled the old one out Why is there two fuses in one power line Have never seen that before.
Seems a bit counterproductive

I guess he would know that when he pulled the old one out Why is there two fuses in one power line Have never seen that before.
Seems a bit counterproductive

Not sure why they have two, quite a few Korean dash cams are set up this way I believe.
I guess if you wanted to direct hardwire it, you could cut off the cigarette socket and still have an inline fuse to protect the dash cam.

Found this picture on google to help explain what I mean
iAST5.jpg

Didnt need the picture to know what you meant but what if the camera is a 5 volt one that has a stepdown in the plug. Quite a few have and doing what you have done could fry it. Lots of unknowing owners could take your advice as gospel and ruin a new camera. If you are going to do it that way you should also show an Addafuse or the other one I uploaded to run it from or are you an advocater of just stuffing wires down the side of fuses

Attachments

• addafuse correct.jpg
    addafuse correct.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
  • full size 10amp.jpg
    full size 10amp.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 4
Well considering we are talking about the peculiarities of a specific 12V camera, the power cable of that specific brand, and the specific subforum of that brand, I don't see why someone thought this would apply to a 5V/USB power cable.

That would be like going on a Porsche subforum and stating that the oil change instructions for a GT3 (which calls for ~8 quarts) would ruin a Corolla

The most common reason for cutting off the cigarette adapter is to tap the power from the dome light or accessory panel by the dome light/rearview mirror, in which case an add-a-fuse wouldn't really be the appropriate connector.

All very good but not all readers equate that the instructions are specific to a certain camera. Just like people only read half an email and dont respond to the rest.
Also in my VW's you cannot just splice into almost any circuit in the car without causing problems. Only way is to use either one of the fuses I showed and hardwire into the fuse panel.

Back