Mini 0805 firmware repo

Hello,
I have installed this new firmware( 20170213)on my Mini 0805 ( one microSD card, no internal memory, original firmware 20161111 V2.0 from Gearbest).
Have not noticed any IQ difference;
Things I have noticed:
Faster power on and power off cycle;
G sensor settings now "OFF- Low- Med-High " instead of numerical values; when triggered, lock symbol appears on whole screen with audible signal
Added screensaver;
Beep sound now has "Off-Low-Med-High" instead of "On-Off" selection (in my test I haven't noticed any difference when choosing);
Biggest surprise is "Sensor Flip", now camera can be rotated like 0806 (might be a bug ?)
Missing battery icon on menu screen, instead it has little power cord/plug in the corner( even if Camera runs on battery power), however in my test it ran longer on battery power than before.

My biggest issue was recording time. No matter what selection chosen (1 min, 3 min, 5min) it only records 1MIN. Clips (tried in different resolutions)!
So I tried to reload my old firmware back (20161111 V2.0 that I've extracted from this camera) and it does not work! I've got the same broken menu screen as it was reported earlier here.
I downgraded to firmware 20160317 V1.0 and my Mini 0805 is working for now

Thank you for your feedback. I just checked it and yes, the clips are all 1 minute long. Did not see that before so thank you for that. Also the beep sound doenst change volume at all. I will send this feedback to Skyhigh Global as I know they are still willing to put effort in the firmware.

Red flashing lock is file lock/protection symbol when G-sensor is triggered. Probably yours is set too sensitive ( try to set G sensor to Med or Hi in camera menu).
Mine was only recorded for 1min!
This FW (20170213) has many bugs, so I downgraded to FW 20161111

Can you name the bugs? I want to create a complete package of all the bugs reported and send it to Skyhigh Global so they can fix it :)
You mentioned the 1 minute clips already, found any more?

Thank you :)

Can you name the bugs? I want to create a complete package of all the bugs reported and send it to Skyhigh Global so they can fix it :)
You mentioned the 1 minute clips already, found any more?

Thank you :)
Hi,
Bugs I found: "G- sensor sensitive " menu confusing, in my test "HI" settings is actually less sensitive, "LOW" is more sensitive. When triggered red locks appear on the display, but files are not protected!!!! Even if tried to lock file manually ( by pressing button on the camera) yellow triangle appeared on the top of the camera display but when playing files back they are not protected, so could be easily overwritten.
1 min. clips even when "Resycle" set to "OFF".
These are major bugs I found doing bench test, figured it's not worth it to go for a vehicle test since these are a major issues in my opinion.

Hi,
Bugs I found: "G- sensor sensitive " menu confusing, in my test "HI" settings is actually less sensitive, "LOW" is more sensitive. When triggered red locks appear on the display, but files are not protected!!!! Even if tried to lock file manually ( by pressing button on the camera) yellow triangle appeared on the top of the camera display but when playing files back they are not protected, so could be easily overwritten.
1 min. clips even when "Resycle" set to "OFF".
These are major bugs I found doing bench test, figured it's not worth it to go for a vehicle test since these are a major issues in my opinion.

You are totally right. Thank you for your reply!

Hi! Installed the 20170213_A7_805_ZX_1CARD_GPS-BIN at first and had following issues:
x As soon as power on - locking symbol on the screen but no lock of file.
x manual locking of files doesn't lock the files at all
x biggest no go: wrong speed reading (kmh). speed is 5-7kmh wrong, see: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0805-wrong-speed-reading.28021/
x g sensitivity not clear. what does low or high stand for?
x camera stops working after 15ish minutes (g sensitivity to low and automatic shutdown at first at 1 minute after that on off, so bug present in both cases)

Today I installed the 20161111_A7_805 86_ZX_1CARD_GPS firmware which for now seems to work fine and which seems to have the first 4 points fixed.

Thanks!

BR
RoB

Today I received this DVR from gearbest.
Firmware 20161111 version 2.0

Tell me - do I understand correctly that in order to correctly synchronize time with satellites, I must set the time zone in the "date and time" settings in the very first field?
In my case - the number 3 (my time zone GMT+3, Russia)
It' right?

P.S. And also ask you to tell which digit to choose in the settings of g-sensor, please!

yes just set the timezone and the camera will set the clock for you when the GPS gets signal

G-Sensor is personal preference, some people like it more sensitive but this can lock too many files for no reason, less sensitive is generally better

yes just set the timezone and the camera will set the clock for you when the GPS gets signal

G-Sensor is personal preference, some people like it more sensitive but this can lock too many files for no reason, less sensitive is generally better

Thank you for fast reaction ;-)

But "less sensitivity" it is 4-4.5G in settings? or I am wrong?

not sure, they have unusual naming convention for the settings, try the highest setting and the lowest setting and see how they compare I guess

not sure, they have unusual naming convention for the settings, try the highest setting and the lowest setting and see how they compare I guess

Thanks. I'll try ;-)

Smaller number = more sensitive, larger = less sensitive ( more force / larger impact needed to trigger the sensor, thus larger number)
I have mine set at 3.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Smaller number = more sensitive, larger = less sensitive ( more force / larger impact needed to trigger the sensor, thus larger number)
I have mine set at 3.

Hope this helps

Do not even doubt ;-)

Thanks!

Hello again! ;-)
Please tell me whether this device uses mini-HDMI or micro-HDMI?
I just want to connect the recorder to the TV..

I've just bought the Mini 0805, after bad experiences with the Nano 0903 Plus.

Any further updates on the 2017 version Firmware?
Is the release on Dashcamtalk 0805 page still Beta, or Final?

I've just bought the Mini 0805, after bad experiences with the Nano 0903 Plus.

Any further updates on the 2017 version Firmware?
Is the release on Dashcamtalk 0805 page still Beta, or Final?

Hi BKDilse,

Firmware 20161111 is the lastest stable right now. I am testing a new one at the moment but I don't know yet when that one will be released as official.
I advise to download the lastest offical for now: http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
It says 0826 but it's for the 0805 as well.

Thanks.

Do feedback your findings. I'm not happy with the video footage, so am playing around with bitrates now.

Hello
I have mini 0805 and downloaded
20160317_1A7_805_ZX_1CARD_GPS.zip (from SkyHigh Electronics) firmware latest update.
Wanted to let you know:
1. New firmware is better than previous. Menus have changed, more options under there, picture is better, gps/time etc stamps are better and placed better position on screen and so on. On SD card, there are 2 folders now. One for normal video and other for events, like when G sensor is active and you hit the hole on road, then it save that clip, like 30sec to 1 min to there.
2. On SD card, file names are too big and hard to orientate through them (like after, when camera rewrites some older files over). No logic to file names, just same numbers etc. PC reades file first name usually. So it messes the list up.
And I think, with this FW, I have chosen 5 min files from menu, but really it saves 1 min clips.
3. Biggest problem - I cant lock video, when I am driving. (bottom button usually saved video before, video now and video later - locked files, so when you hit delete all, it still kept them. In list, you could see lock logo over them) It shows some yellow warning light on screen and when you see the list, there is no locked files. And when you hit delete all, like on previous SW version, it deleted now 2 times all files - so no files at all on video folder.
Locking workes only manualy. You stop video filming. Go to folders. Picked from list the file you want to keep, open menu, press lock this file, close menu, start filming again. And how I do this when I am driving? And then, If Ipress delete all files, it keeps those what I selected before (and locked them manually) and deletes all like it should be doing.
So yes, 3. one is the biggest problem at the moment. Do not know what to do.
Before that used 20160317 version. Now downloaded 20161111. At the moment, 20161111 version works great.

Back