Mio Mivue 658 Wifi problems

Jasta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this dashcam for 3 months now and the images and video are great but it is not behaving as expected. After a month of use i decided to check my recordings to make sure all was well only to find it had stopped making recordings a couple of weeks prior. I contacted Mio and did a little research only to find the SanDisk 64gb micro sdxc card I was using was not the best and could be the problem. I have since replaced with a lexar 633x sdxc 64gb which was recommended for dashcam and action cams. A few weeks on and I noticed my g-sensor was no longer beeping when I hit potholes and bumps and on checking found recordings had again stopped 10 days previous. I formatted my card both in my pc and again in the cam and recordings have started again for now, probably until the card is full. My g-sensor was also not chiming until I gave the cam a tap this evening and now chiming as expected when driving over bumps. It seems as though the cam is reluctant to over write and feedback from Mio is poor. Anybody have any ideas please?

I have had this dashcam for 3 months now and the images and video are great but it is not behaving as expected. After a month of use i decided to check my recordings to make sure all was well only to find it had stopped making recordings a couple of weeks prior. I contacted Mio and did a little research only to find the SanDisk 64gb micro sdxc card I was using was not the best and could be the problem. I have since replaced with a lexar 633x sdxc 64gb which was recommended for dashcam and action cams. A few weeks on and I noticed my g-sensor was no longer beeping when I hit potholes and bumps and on checking found recordings had again stopped 10 days previous. I formatted my card both in my pc and again in the cam and recordings have started again for now, probably until the card is full. My g-sensor was also not chiming until I gave the cam a tap this evening and now chiming as expected when driving over bumps. It seems as though the cam is reluctant to over write and feedback from Mio is poor. Anybody have any ideas please?
Do you have the looping feature turned on?

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know how to do this. There is nothing in the manual or menus that I can see. Looping is supposed to be automatic. Would you know how I can check this Please?

Looks like it has 1, 3, 5 min loop.
Check 5min 30sec

Try to reset to factory default.

Also try 32GB card as well to see if it makes any difference.

Back