A119 died after 1 week

Praeceps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay so I bought the A119 a week ago and for some reason one day it just won't turn on. I have connected it to my pc and still no life still so it's not the power lead. Anything I can do really?

I have swapped SD cards about and no difference. I think I will order another from amazon and swap (I bought the one that died from amazon too) and send the one that died back. Question here is do you think I should I swap the GPS unit around as it's a hassle to take it off the windshield? or return that in case that caused the problem?

If you plugged the power cord into the GPS unit, try plugging it into the camera instead and see if that turns on the camera.

Okay so I bought the A119 a week ago and for some reason one day it just won't turn on. I have connected it to my pc and still no life still so it's not the power lead. Anything I can do really?

I have swapped SD cards about and no difference. I think I will order another from amazon and swap (I bought the one that died from amazon too) and send the one that died back. Question here is do you think I should I swap the GPS unit around as it's a hassle to take it off the windshield? or return that in case that caused the problem?
Computer USB ports usually don't supply enough power to properly power the camera. Try using a USB charger (phone charger) that supplies at least 1A.

Computer USB ports usually don't supply enough power to properly power the camera. Try using a USB charger (phone charger) that supplies at least 1A.
Okay so yeah plugging it into the camera is the first thing I did instead of the GPS unit in case that was the problem. I was using USB 3.0 so I would think it would have been enough but I've tried a phone charger and no change either.

Make sure to try another cable as well.
Yep. Used two different cables, I used one of the them for my previous dashcam with no problems.
Just no life at all so I don't think it would be the cables. It's the camera.

I have such awful luck with dashcams. -_-

I'd try powering the camera without a memory card inserted as well. Never know.

Sounds like to me the manufacturer should make it right and replace your obviously defective unit

Back