DIY Sliding Bracket Mount for Dash Camera DVR ( Urive Albatross2 Albatross II AlbatrossII )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Many good ( mostly Korean made ) Dash Cameras comes with permanent fix bracket which mounted with double-sided ( 3M ) tape to the car wind-shield. This poses a problem for those people who want to remove dash camera on daily bases.

I found for myself interesting DIY solution of SLIDING Bracket / Mount.
You can easily slide-in and slide-out your dash camera.

I used household tools and some "imagination". Below is result.

Video and photos are based on Urive Albatross II dash camera, but you can implement same bracket solution to most permanently fix dash camera brackets.

Step by step DIY project. Hope you find it useful.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6c.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

P.S. to manufacturers:
If you find this solution being interesting and want to start making similar sliding bracket mount solution as mass-production, - I would like to have some fair commission for my idea ;)

interesting idea (you can get plastic like that without having to cut up your wife's IKEA storage bins), obviously wouldn't work in all situations but an interesting solution nonetheless

interesting idea (you can get plastic like that without having to cut up your wife's IKEA storage bins), obviously wouldn't work in all situations but an interesting solution nonetheless

Thanks.
It should work for most dash cameras with rectangular bracket mount similar to Urive Albatross 2, Panorama2, Itronics Itb 100hd, etc.

I needed any plastic with edge on the bottom and on the side. So first thing I saw is that box and I have "attacked" it instantly without permission. Didn't want to wait too long, wanted to implement my ideas till they are fresh.

P.S. - don't tell my wife I nicked her stuff ;)

Brilliant!...just the inspiration I was looking for. I have 2 identical cams for front & rear, & will be switching them between 4 cars.....been brainstorming several means of mounting them & this helps funnel my thinking "outta da box"

...thank you niko

Brilliant!...just the inspiration I was looking for. I have 2 identical cams for front & rear, & will be switching them between 4 cars.....been brainstorming several means of mounting them & this helps funnel my thinking "outta da box"

...thank you niko

You are welcome ! Glad it gives you an ideas for your own DIY project.
Maybe I need to patent some of my "out of box" ideas ? ;)

I dunno.....I've been tinkering in cars, art & puters for years & haven't made a dime out of it yet!

I couldn't find anything in u'r profile, are u in the dashcam biz? If not, it seems to be a heck of a hobby for u.

.............snip............

P.S. to manufacturers:
If you find this solution being interesting and want to start making similar sliding bracket mount solution as mass-production, - I would like to have some fair commission for my idea ;)

Good luck....back in the early 1980s, I was putting together motorcycle battery jumper cables (original idea was mentioned in a motorcycle magazine article), in my living room. Called them, "Mini Jumps" Sold them via mail order & through M/C shops & distributors.

One of the distributors sent my product to Asia, & he could sell their finished copy for less then the supplies cost me. Didn't really mind as I was making the grand sum of under $1.50 per hour!

Didn't patent it since it wasn't my idea in the first place....see them all over the place now.

I dunno.....I've been tinkering in cars, art & puters for years & haven't made a dime out of it yet!

I couldn't find anything in u'r profile, are u in the dashcam biz? If not, it seems to be a heck of a hobby for u.

If you have good proposal / contacts, - then I will be ready to listen biz-things proposals ;), but as for now: not -no dascam biz for me, just an enthusiastic hobby / passion for gadgets and here on DCT I can relax by "getting rid-off" ( sharing ) those ideas that making "pain" to my brain :)
I do respect all kind of forums. Myself also using tons of them ( car, pc, other stuff related when help needed), where peoples share their ideas for free, so why not to share here something in return.
Of course it would be nice to earn something from this, but "you can not have all money in the world" ;)

Last edited:
Good luck....back in the early 1980s, I was putting together motorcycle battery jumper cables (original idea was mentioned in a motorcycle magazine article), in my living room. Called them, "Mini Jumps" Sold them via mail order & through M/C shops & distributors.

One of the distributors sent my product to Asia, & he could sell their finished copy for less then the supplies cost me. Didn't really mind as I was making the grand sum of under $1.50 per hour!

Didn't patent it since it wasn't my idea in the first place....see them all over the place now.

I think most of Asian ( "Chinese" ? ) industry built on copying others ideas, even dont care if have patent or not. For consumer it is good, we all want to buy cheaper. For inventor it is not fair, but what can you do?, - it is as it is.

If you have good proposal / contacts, - then I will be ready to listen biz-things proposals ;), but as for now: not -no dascam biz for me, just an enthusiastic hobby / passion for gadgets and here on DCT I can relax by "getting rid-off" ( sharing ) those ideas that making "pain" to my brain :)
I do respect all kind of forums. Myself also using tons of them ( car, pc, other stuff related when help needed), where peoples share their ideas for free, so why not to share here something in return.
Of course it would be nice to earn something from this, but "you can not have all money in the world" ;)

Sorry, no contacts. I'm retired & just enjoy...as #2 ex-wife said, "Building a better mousetrap". However, A smart Dashcam company should hire u for their R & D dept.

We seem to be on the same wave as far as mounts r concerned ....dashcams r a new interest for me, & was surprised at how bulky most of the mounts were. Since buying my first 2 cams, I've been brainstorming on how to adapt mine to be, "stealthy" & at the same time, enable the cam to be easily removed.

Going w/ u'r idea of using the plastic containers for edges, I'll be trying some of these Trim pieces

http://www.mcmaster.com/#trim-molding/=qfmqq4

to see how they might work out......btw, Mcmaster is a tinkerer's playground, I've spent way too much money there over the years. The shipping would probably be too much for Ireland however.

Back