Files from the recent past being deleted (including 'event' files)

Phao

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help on the following problem would be greatly appreciated. I bought and installed my Blackvue DR430-2CH about 12 weeks ago but it only saves files from the current day (it even deletes the 'event' files from before today). Is there a setting somewhere that I need to alter?

DR430-2CH doesn't offer memory card partitioning so the files just get overwritten as time goes by. You may want to go with a bigger card and decreasing motion sensitivity to prolong recording.

Yeah, not sure why Blackvue removed this feature. The DR500/550 still had partitioning, but once DR650GW-2CH came along, they abandoned partitioning

Deleting event files during the recycle process seems wrong
Personally I never cared when I had the 650GW, because I didn't want to have to format often to get rid of locked files. But now that they support 64-128gb it wouldnt be as big of a deal. If a file was important enough I would just save it immediately to my smart phone via the app. Why I liked the way blackvue did it though was it made it easy to find those files by filtering event/motion files, but I didn't have to worry about the memory card filling up with a bunch of locked files. I gave my step dad a mini cam (don't remember which model) and it filled up within a few days of locked files and he thought something was wrong with it because it wasnt recording. turns out it just needed to be formated to get rid of all the locked files.

Although I think what Thinkware does is great, allowing you to individually choose what types of files you want to over write or lock, regular event, parking event, parking motion, or manual saved. I have it set to over write the files tho.

I like the Thinkware way as you don't need to go in and clear the folders.
Just keeping parking incidents separate from regular driving footage and motion detection can go a long way in protecting those files. I like the Blackvue app myself but in my mom's car I went with the F770 as I know she won't be on top of checking her car for damage and downloading video clips through the wifi app. A safer choice for the less tech-savvy customers in my opinion.

Yes, I think that the less hi-tech devices the less thieves will be interested in your car and safety of your car it is not a game!

Last edited:
Back