Dual core processors & dual micro SD cards?

I think there would be a limited market for such a cam, however that would imply that the manufacturer would have to recoup all the development costs from sales of those relatively few cams. While some folks are buying top-price cams now, something like this would likely be 2X or 3X that price :eek: Nice to have but few would spend to get it when for a little more money they could get a multi-channel capable commercial 'truck cam' system with waterproof remote cams, scads of recording space, and inputs for at least 1-2 more cams ready to go :D

I still like the concept and I'll give Jokin the development money in person when I win the big lottery :cool:

Phil

I just want to help Joikiin.

Just imagine if Street Guardian was the first to release a dash cam using a 1"-type Sony sensor like that used in a Sony RX100?
Dashcams would no longer have to compromise between detail resolution and low light sensitivity; a larger sensor would provide both higher resolution, yet larger pixels for greater low light sensitivity.

Presently, bit rate is a compromise for dual channel dash cams.
Imagine if Street Guardian was the first to release a dual core, or even a quad core processor dashcam that could process twin channels, or even four channels simultaneously?

And imagine if Street Guardian was the first to release a twin micro SD, or even a quad micro SD card system, where the dashcam could write onto two or even four micro SD cards simultaneously for greater write speed?

I think a new product have to base on demanding of mass people. The money mass people willing to pay for dashcam. With a limited market right now, the money ppl want to pay is still small. So invest too many money and then sell new product with high price is not a smart choice.

Just imagine if Street Guardian was the first to release a dash cam using a 1"-type Sony sensor like that used in a Sony RX100?
Dashcams would no longer have to compromise between detail resolution and low light sensitivity; a larger sensor would provide both higher resolution, yet larger pixels for greater low light sensitivity.

need hardware support before that can happen

the first to release a dual core, or even a quad core processor dashcam that could process twin channels, or even four channels simultaneously?

already out there

the first to release a twin micro SD, or even a quad micro SD card system, where the dashcam could write onto two or even four micro SD cards simultaneously for greater write speed?

likewise, already out there

Just imagine if Street Guardian was the first to release........

nice sentiment and appreciate the thought, typically we don't do anything first as that requires very deep pockets, something we don't have

Oa. I ready have so much to learn from you....:D

Joikiin, what are the makes & models of dash cams that already have multi-core processors & multiple micro SD cards?

or you may start supporting him by buying a dozen of SG ? Convince everyone you know buying SG ? :p

I think he owns a few already

I already have 5x SG9665GC's & 1x SGZC12RC; 2x GC V2's & 3x GC V3's.

I've talked my receptionist into purchasing 2-4x GC/RC's.

When the SG9663DC is released, I'll buy several & pass my old GC's onto family members and charity.

Ditto when the forthcoming dual channel remote lens is released, I'll pick up a few & pass my old RC's on too...

Last edited:
Lets pool our savings and buy Toshiba, they look like hitting a prize lever where we can play ball.
Then we have the factory to build the dream dashcam, and then we just need a SOC from somewhere.

But the H2 or whatever in the yi4k+ can handle 2 X 4K/30 fps feeds, so really some one just got to put it together, but your low light performance will still take a hit cuz that's still not there with the current sensors.

But we are talking a dual channel camera with a prize tag like the latest model fruit phone, and i am not sure i would sleep well with that much money "lying" around in my car.

Why not use raspberry pi with screen and camera module for quad core dash cam with satnav powered by 5v car power port and backup battery. The raspberry pi version 3 can handle gps.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edit

Found this might be good info for someone

http://www.instructables.com/id/Car-Raspberry-Pi3-Dash-Cam/

Last edited:
Back