Vico-Power Plus - Intelligent-Battery Power Management Device Low Voltage, Timer, High Temp Cut-Off

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
We just got these in and have to say, if you want the Mercedes of BDP (battery discharge prevention) hard wire kits, this is it!

-Easy Digital Display (no confusing dip switches) with finer granularity of control
-Higher Voltage cut-0ff options than others out there
-High Temperature cut-off (wow)
-Timer you can easily switch on/off
-30 second timer before the cut-off occurs to ignore temporary dips in power (Playing with the Radio etc)
-Easy switch to change between AAC/Switched Driving Mode and BAT/Un-swtiched Parking Mode

User Manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0tqkebgpheccuo/Vicovation-Power-Plus-User-Manual-English.pdf?dl=0

I recently put one on the bench and a did a complete detailed walk through. Here you go:

yaRBuNP.png

Now available via OCD Tronic
& OCD Tronic Amazon.com

http://www.vicovation.com/product.asp?IDno=55&lang=eng

VICO-POWER PLUS

Vico Power-PLUS: Your Smart Car-Battery Power Management Device!

Power-PLUS is a power management device connecting to car battery which working with Dash Cam/Blackbox DVR, continuously providing power after engine-off while parking, and monitoring your battery status. Power-PLUS detects car battery status to cut-off power to prevent car battery from being drained out (discharged).

Vico-Power Plus: Your Smart Car-Battery Power Management Device!

Power Plus is a power safety device which connects to car battery to work with Dash Cam/Black Box, continuously providing power after engine-off while parking. Together working with Vico Smart Parking Mode function, your Dash Cam can have motion-detection recording after you left your car, for having full protection of your car. Power Plus will auto-detect your battery status to cut-off power supply to prevent car battery from being drained out.

Power Plus provides multiple protection to have better safety coverage, including:

1. Low Voltage protection
2. Over Temperature protection
3. Timer protection
4. Over Current/Surge protection

Vico_20155702014.jpg
Low Voltage protection

Power-PLUS will periodically auto-detect your battery voltage status, to cut-off the power if the voltage drops below the configured value (11.6/11.8/12.0/12.2/12.4V/12.6 or 23.2/23.4/23.6/23.8/24/24.2/24.4/24.6V) to prevent car battery becoming excessively discharged.

Vico_20155703319.jpg
Over Temperature protection

During Summer daytime, inner car temperature raise extremely high if you left your car outside with direct sunlight. Over temperature operation might damage your dash cam. Power-PLUS built-in thermo sensor will cut-off power if temperature exceeded setup value. (Off /50°/55°/60°/65°/70°/75°C) *(Off /122°/131°/140°/149°/158°/167°F)

Vico_20155703852.jpg
Timer protection

If you switch into Timer mode, Power-PLUS will cut-off power when time out, based on your setup schedule (2/6/12/24/48/72hrs).

Over Current/Surge protection

Power-PLUS will detect abnormal over current status and cut-off power to prevent any damage on dash cam device. Additionally, Power-PLUS built in with an extra fuse box (2A), to have extra protection if anything goes wrong as incorrect installing or short circuit.

Vico_20155733147.jpg
The Most Perfect Power Device for Smart Parking Mode!

Vicovation Marcus series Dash Cam built in Smart Parking Mode function, providing full protection / continuous recording when car parked. Power-PLUS is the best companion to enable this continuous monitoring function.

Vico_20155122737.jpg
Built-in Digital Display/Backlight LED, easier to monitor/control

Backlight LED enables users to have clear display of car-battery voltage monitoring and setup control, even at night. It’s easier to setup configuration with 3 handy control buttons with clear LED friendly display.

Compatible with all kinds of Dash Cam/Car Cam!

Power-PLUS is 100% compatible with all Vicovation production, and also it’s compatible with other car cam/black box DVR which equipped standard cigar charger power supply. Please Note: Other Dash Cam/Blackbox DVR may not include the Smart Pakring Mode function.

Vico_20155733455.jpg
Multi Input Power Type, DC12V/24V all in one

No matter your car is running DC12V or 24V battery, Power-PLUS will auto-detect the voltage input to display different programmable menu setting. It’s automatic.

Vico_20155735332.jpg
Multi-Swtich to Select Normal mode and Timer mode

Normal mode provides low voltage and over temperature protection at the same time. Timer mode provides original both low voltage and over temperature, also additional timer cut-off when schedule time out. There is a switch on the right side of Power-PLUS for you to switch under different condition.

Programmable Setting, fitting your car environment

Users can select it’s own suitable parameter in different cut-off voltage, temperature, and time. It’s all clearly displayed in comprehensive menu and friendly user interface.

Vico_2015574115.jpg
Main Switch to Select Activate/Bypass for Different Parking Environment/Situation

You may select Power-PLUS power output depending on different parking environment/situation. For example, you may switch to “Bypass” while parking at home garage for saving memory space and car-battery power. And switch to “Activate” while parking outside/unfamiliar place, co-working with Smart Parking mode for parking surveillance.

Switch to Activate: Power-PLUS provides power output to Dash Cam while engine on and also engine off, simultaneously with cut-off protection based on low-voltage/timer/over-temperature.
Switch to Bypass: Power-PLUs provide power output to Dash Cam ONLY when engine on (ACC on). When engine off (ACC off), Power-PLUS provides NO power to Dash Cam.

Vico_201551235720.jpg

Last edited:
Jon -

I see in the specs that the rated current is 1A, and max is 2A. I'd like to power a SG9665GC and a Mobius off one BDP unit. If I remember right, the 9665GC pulls a little over .5 Amps, and I think the Mobius is about the same. See any problem with this BDP powering both?

Jon -

I see in the specs that the rated current is 1A, and max is 2A. I'd like to power a SG9665GC and a Mobius off one BDP unit. If I remember right, the 9665GC pulls a little over .5 Amps, and I think the Mobius is about the same. See any problem with this BDP powering both?

I've confirmed you can safely power 2 dashcam's off the Vico-Power PLUS so 2 SG9665GC (or 1 SG9665GC + 1 Mobius) are good to go, no problem.

Just buy a simple cigarette power splitter.

Example:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000A7CXQW

Last edited:
Thanks Jon, but I'm already hardwired, so I'll just solder my connecrions. Just need to cotemplete an install location for the BDP, I insist on clean, OEM installations.

I'm looking at this for my new camera purchase. It would be nice if there was a manual to download so I didn't have to bother you guys on the forum with my questions.
This device measures temperature to shut off camera if temperature in car gets too high.
1) Can I put this in the glove box (shade). Is the temp in glove box lower than the camera gets on the windshield?

2) Once it is setup, I assume/hope I don't need to touch it again (it just works without User interaction).

3) Do I need to use the cigarette plug (it's bulky - and I plan to do a permanent installation)? Can I cut the cigarette plug off the camera and off the BPD and hard wire them together?

The PANOBDP kit has a button you need to press each time you shut off your car, to go from On to ACC (I think). Is this correct?

I'm looking at this for my new camera purchase. It would be nice if there was a manual to download so I didn't have to bother you guys on the forum with my questions.
This device measures temperature to shut off camera if temperature in car gets too high.
1) Can I put this in the glove box (shade). Is the temp in glove box lower than the camera gets on the windshield?

2) Once it is setup, I assume/hope I don't need to touch it again (it just works without User interaction).

3) Do I need to use the cigarette plug (it's bulky - and I plan to do a permanent installation)? Can I cut the cigarette plug off the camera and off the BPD and hard wire them together?

The PANOBDP kit has a button you need to press each time you shut off your car, to go from On to ACC (I think). Is this correct?

User Manual:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0tqkebgpheccuo/Vicovation-Power-Plus-User-Manual-English.pdf?dl=0

1) Should be ok there, temp might not be as accurate but close enough I would think

2) If you don't plan on manually changing between parking/driving mode, or timer on/off with the switches, it's a set it and forget device. (most don't touch it)

3) you can cut off the cig port and hard wire if you so desire.

PANOBPD, you don['t need to press the button each time, all that does is switch between Driving or Parking mode. Only reason you would turn off parking mode would be if it's the dead of winter and you want zero battery being used on that day for safety reasons etc. (button is rarely used)

Finally bit the bullet and got two of these for my vehicles - over-temp protection really appeals to me. Hopefully can get one installed over the weekend to give it a whirl.

If power is completely remove on both Accessory and Battery does the Vico-Power Plus revert to it's default setiings? My car has a battery saver feature that shuts power to the interior of the car after an hour or so just in case something has been left on like a dome light etc.

Not sure if this is a correct way to test car battery volt. My car parked over night. This morning, it is 39F (3.89C ), I tested the car battery and it shows 12.44V. Car hadn't been on since last night (14hrs parking). Does that mean my battery is only 75%? Should I start the car first for like 15min then shut off and wait 5-10min then test car battery volt? I would like to set the correct volt-cut off.

I would like to set so when back from work (11hrs parking), i cannot start the car because battery drain from dashcam A119.

Or cut off between 12.4 or 12.7 should be perfect both summer and winter season.

I watch youtube they said if car battery at 12v, it dead

Thanks

Last edited:
If you parked your car for 14 hours and the battery is at 12.44V that seems pretty normal/reasonable.
12.7V cutoff would be too high, battery resting voltage is typically around 12.6V for a charged/healthy battery

If I have fused tapped the yellow constant Battery+ wire into the 15A Hazard fuse, and the red switched ACC wire into the 15A Radio fuse below, then why does my Vico Power Plus constantly stay on, constantly powering my dashcams, when my ignition is switched off?
I've also tried using the 15A P/Outlet No 1 as the switched fuse, and the same problem that the Vico is constantly powered on.
If the car is switched off, and the Vico Power Plus is on Bypass & Normal modes, shouldn't the Vico be switched off, with NO voltage displayed and the dashcams off?
Could I have a faulty Vico Power Plus unit??

1.jpg

2.2.png

Or must the fuse taps be plugged in a certain way, with the output wire exiting from either the left or the right of the fuse tap?
Presently, I have the fuse tap plugged in such that the fuse tap wire exits to the right.
On the other hand, some one else with the same vehicle as me seems to have tapped into the Hazard, and possibly IGI No 1, and he has the fuse taps with the wires exiting from to the left below.
Are the fuse taps sensitive to being plugged in left to right, or right to left??
Could plugging the fuse tap in with the output wire exiting at the right be responsible for my Vico Power Plus and dashcams staying on all the time, despite the key being removed from the ignition???
Or have I a faulty Vico Power Plus unit?

3.jpg

Last edited:
I know on the current generation Lexus IS, the power outlet and radio fuses are constant
You can try 7.5A rear shade for accessory which is what I used last time I believe

I know on the current generation Lexus IS, the power outlet and radio fuses are constant
You can try 7.5A rear shade for accessory which is what I used last time I believe

Thanks for your replies StreetGuardian USA and BlackboxMyCar.
I eventually worked it out.
I can't just test for current by poking at the two point-sized metal contacts on each fuse.
I must actually remove the fuse, and multimeter poke the fuse socket beneath, and test the left and right metal contacts separately for polarity too.

Spot on BlackBox, the radio fuse had a constant power supply.
Even the P/Outlet No.1 had constant power supply too.
I don't have any motorized rear sun shade on this particular car, but the 7.5A Shade RR fuse had a constant power supply too.
I was beginning to think the entire fuse box had a constant power supply!

Eventually, like the photo above, I tested the IGI No.1 outlet, and it was a true switched fuse socket!

I notice one side of the socket contact was +ve, while the other side was -ve.
Does this mean that the fuse taps must be correctly oriented for polarity, or do the fuse taps work in both directions?
I tried to orientate the fuse taps so that current flows from the +ve terminal inside the fuse socket, to the negative contacts inside the fuse socket, and everything finally worked.

10-amp-minifuses-red-2-pcs.jpg

Last edited:
Back