What is difference between DAB205 and DAB205S

A12LA55 (DAB205) does 1440p @ 3o fps. A12LA75 (DAB205S) does 1440p @ 60 fps.

Is there an actual "understandable english" user manual available anywhere ?
My Son sent me one [205 and GPS module] from Hong Kong, without any type of packaging or manual.
Able to power on and record just fine. Simply have no clue, with all the optional
features and especially all those dang buttons on both sides. Quite impressed with
image quality and appears to be built rather well.

Anyone willing to help out......an old man ?

Here is a PDF manual of the DAB202. The button layout is the same and the firmware is interchangeable, so it should be the same info for the most part. Some things are slightly different, like menu options. These were probably firmware changes after the manual was written. Hope it helps.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/73xg21gi9phjqp1/DAB202 Manual.pdf?dl=0

Setting the clock ? Each time I arrive at the time settings, it's always 4-5 hrs ahead. [24 clock]
I'll make the hours change/reboot/wrong time reappears. This thing getting its time off GPS ?

Setting the clock ? Each time I arrive at the time settings, it's always 4-5 hrs ahead. [24 clock]
I'll make the hours change/reboot/wrong time reappears. This thing getting its time off GPS ?

check your timezone settings in the menu

giphy.gif

Hi captureyouraction I bought the dome 205 in the UK and you gave me some great help when I was trying to install it. My problem had been that in park mode and having a constant power supply that if it detected movement it would record however when I then got into the car and went to drive off it would not start constant recording. I also turned off something else that would start recording when a bump was detected as that activated when I closed the doors.

Was just wondering if any of that stuff was fixed with your latest firmware version at https://www.captureyouraction.com/pages/dome-firmware I have version DAB202 ZX-AMF-G-2386Y latest appears to be 2771 what are the improvements? always nervous to update incase I brick it.

Thanks as always and sorry if this is hijacking the thread a bit.

David

Hi captureyouraction I bought the dome 205 in the UK and you gave me some great help when I was trying to install it. My problem had been that in park mode and having a constant power supply that if it detected movement it would record however when I then got into the car and went to drive off it would not start constant recording. I also turned off something else that would start recording when a bump was detected as that activated when I closed the doors.

Was just wondering if any of that stuff was fixed with your latest firmware version at https://www.captureyouraction.com/pages/dome-firmware I have version DAB202 ZX-AMF-G-2386Y latest appears to be 2771 what are the improvements? always nervous to update incase I brick it.

Thanks as always and sorry if this is hijacking the thread a bit.

David
Hi David,
Honestly, I'm not sure if the Parking Mode/Motion Detection was improved on 2771. I have changed firmware lots of times on a single Dome camera and have yet to brick it. As long as your version is compatible, you should be good. Make sure to use a USB charger (phone charger) to power the camera during the update. Powering in the car with the supplied adapter would be fine as well. Just don't power it via a computer or car USB port during the update.
When your ready to drive the car, can't you simply press the record button to resume normal recording?

Well just updated using your instructions on your site and everything is working fine so no issues. Am I right in saying that to use motion detect when I am not in the car I need motion detection on as well as parking mode on?
I may rewire to a live feed again to see if its improved when I have spare time.
I could easily hit the record button each time but my camera is behind my rear view mirror so not easy to get at, also my work means I am constantly in and out of my car all day so I would need to manually start it probably 10 times or more each day.
I was at a premises the other day and I believe the owner sent one of his workers out to key my car while I was talking to him, if the motion detect had been working I would have had him and I could have had charges pressed against him, just a shame.

One last point, is there any better anti vibration mount for these cameras? I have an Audi A4 S line with pretty firm suspension and just looked at the footage and it does vibrate a lot when driving.

May buy one of those new 4K with IBIS inside.

David

Well just updated using your instructions on your site and everything is working fine so no issues. Am I right in saying that to use motion detect when I am not in the car I need motion detection on as well as parking mode on?
I may rewire to a live feed again to see if its improved when I have spare time.
I could easily hit the record button each time but my camera is behind my rear view mirror so not easy to get at, also my work means I am constantly in and out of my car all day so I would need to manually start it probably 10 times or more each day.
I was at a premises the other day and I believe the owner sent one of his workers out to key my car while I was talking to him, if the motion detect had been working I would have had him and I could have had charges pressed against him, just a shame.

One last point, is there any better anti vibration mount for these cameras? I have an Audi A4 S line with pretty firm suspension and just looked at the footage and it does vibrate a lot when driving.

May buy one of those new 4K with IBIS inside.

David
I just tested this. Motion Detection will work even with Parking Mode off.

If you have the new mount style on your DAB205, then check out the link below. I have recommended similar mounts to other customers and using an adhesive mount with the DAB205 seems to really help to stablized it.

Aliexpress 3M Mount

ah both great points the MD and also the mount. Just spent the day cleaning and putting my summer tyres on but will maybe rewire to permanent live soon and give it another go + get a new mount.

Cheers

David

Are there any raw video samples from DAB205S? Day/Night 1440p60?

Same hardware though, right? I haven't seen any reviews or footage from A12-60.
I'm not sure if the Rove has the same hardware as what Dome lists on their site. My guess is it is. I think the Amazon reviews for the Rove contain a bunch of fake ones. The DAB205 is a decent camera with good video quality, so I would think the bump up to the A12LA75 chip would be a nice improvement. I have not seen any videos yet either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S AZDOME / Shenzhen Dome / Blackview 5
Back