Matego Default WiFi Password?

slidinghome

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered a Matego XP1 from Banggood (first order with them) and it came with a Chinese manual. I've spent two hours looking for a English language manual but have had no luck anywhere, including Matego's site. I can't even find a Chinese soft copy of the XP1 manual to run through Google Translate.

Does anyone know the default password for a Matego dashcam? Hopefully it's the same even if you have a different model number.

Edit: I found a default password of 1234567890 (don't know if that's correct), but it doesn't work. There are signs that the package has been opened before (the film from the camera lens has been removed) so either someone else has changed the password, or the camera's defective.

Last edited:
Best advice I can give you is to contact the Banggood or seller and ask him,or return your dashcam because it obviosly was used before you and it's not new.

The password suggestion left here worked. Thanks for that. The manufacturer also emailed an English language manual.

In addition to the missing lens protection film, the mounting Velcro for the base unit was not in the box. I paid Banggood for delivery / defect insurance when I placed the order, so this should be something they simply replace. I've sent them a message requesting they do so.

If anyone's interested I will post updates here about how they deal with the problem.

Update:

Banggood replied 3 days after receiving my email regarding the condition of the Matego XP1 and the missing parts. All they said is that they will contact the seller. I don't know where we go from there or how long that takes.

Even though the Matego XP1 that Banggood sent wasn't complete and had signs of being used (and I had no intention of installing it), I thought I'd check out the Matego app. I plugged in the dashcam but was unable to get my Nexus 5 to stay connected to the dashcam's hotspot for more than 2 seconds. I eventually found a setting in the phone's Developers Options that solves the problem. Use Legacy DHCP Client must be set to on. Once that was set the phone connected to the dashcam and stayed connected.

Although the wifi connection is now stable, the Matego app does not see the XP1 dashcam and will not connect. I haven't figured this one out yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Banggood finally responded to the issue of the condition of the camera and the missing mounting pads.

They offered 250 Banggood points (the equivalent of $2.50), despite the fact I paid for shipping and defect insurance.

I was really hesitant about ordering from a Chinese company but the various positive reviews I've found here and elsewhere made me take the risk. Wrong decision. If they don't make this right (and it doesn't seem likely they will) it will be both my first and last order from this shady company.

Keep in mind the positive reviews are generally from people that buy something that has no issues, can't say the same when things go wrong

Keep in mind the positive reviews are generally from people that buy something that has no issues, can't say the same when things go wrong

The reviews I really paid attention to were the ones about problem resolution. People generally said Banggood actually resolved problems when they occurred, as opposed to other Chinese retailers.

I'm giving them one additional chance to resolve the problem and then will start the chargeback process.

The reviews I really paid attention to were the ones about problem resolution. People generally said Banggood actually resolved problems when they occurred, as opposed to other Chinese retailers.

I'm giving them one additional chance to resolve the problem and then will start the chargeback process.

I would say for the most part the feedback I have seen about good outcomes on faulty products have been on very simple or low cost products, anything where there's a higher value, or a way to try and imply that the problem is user error etc seems to meet with a lot of resistance

Back