0906 disassembly

Tobi@s

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
none
Since I'm trying to solder an uart port to the 0906 I had to disassemble the 0906.
It's considerably harder disassembling this (and tearing apart the main and hat pcb) since there are now two flexcables which interconnect the pcbs..

Couldn't verify the UART port neither, I have a guess but I'm not going to try it yet
0906_main_f.jpg
0906_main_b.jpg

0906_hat_f.jpg
0906_hat_b.jpg

Does the lens look easy to focus for those of us who could do with it focused at a higher temperature?

Looks very similar to 0801/0803/...
Didnt need to adjust the focus yet

Thanks for the photos. I am going to have to disassemble also to replace faulty microphone. Is the disassembly the same as for 0806?

Thanks for the photos. I am going to have to disassemble also to replace faulty microphone. Is the disassembly the same as for 0806?
For the housing, yes I think so. Separating the pcbs is a different story

Looks a bit like Tobi@s's microphone was soldered by hand? Maybe yours wasn't soldered successfully and just needs resoldering...

Or maybe they forgot it!

I have taken mine apart too, to refocus it at a higher temperature.

I have almost literally lit i fire under the 0906 to get it up in working temperature, it is a bit annoying the LDC / TV time out are so short, but i will get there no mater what.

will fix focus when on screen temp gauge read 80

Are your guys focus problems across the entire frame or just the left side like mine?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All over, maybe with a little more on the left side.

I think i managed to make the 0906 thermal shut down ;) so i had to start over from 69 degrees, but i am done now and waiting for glue to set so i can reassemble it and have a look at focus when cold.
If focus are OFF a little when cold i can make do with that, after all it dont take long for the camera to heat up, at least not this time of the year.

I did see + 80 degree temperatures on my drive earlier this afternoon.

BTW uart, if you add ig to that then you have uartig, meaning naughty in Danish.
On the other hand remove the U and you have artig meaning well behaved in Danish

This conclude today's lesson in the weird Danish language :)

BTW uart, if you add ig to that then you have uartig, meaning naughty in Danish.
On the other hand remove the U and you have artig meaning well behaved in Danish

This conclude today's lesson in the weird Danish language :)
Or "unartig" in Germany :D

Okay putting the 0906 back together i see that i did put too much heat under it while focusing, so part of the plastic housing have warped a little, just enough that i dont have full range on the turning of the camera, so now i have to put the camera on the other side of my mirror.

Will have to go for a shor trive, and before that pull back a little of the rear camera wire as the surplus are in the rear of my car, and now i need 40 Cm more in the front.

No big problem though, should be a toolless job lasting a few minutes.

Hmm, that looks more like an EMI shield. Is it actually attached to the CPU and RAM?
Yes it is an EMI shield or something like that but I think they abuse it as a "heat sink" since there was thermal paste on RAM, CPU and the shield

Could be useful as a heat spreader so that the heat isn't concentrated at one point.

Not sure an EMI shield is really required just there.

Yes it is an EMI shield or something like that but I think they abuse it as a "heat sink"
Why "abuse" and not "smart" to use for two purpose?

Why "abuse" and not "smart" to use for two purpose?
I'm not really sure if the shield does a good job as heat sink. Heat sinks are all about spreading, the shield doesnt offer too much area for the heat so spread in comparison to a real heat sink

Hard to build small, with lot of space.:confused:

Back