traveler

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V2, SG9665GC, SG9663DCPro + many more
Hi Folks,

[I posted this in the Dashcam Viewer thread but since this update is specific to A119 users, I'm also posting it here.]

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3 is now available from our website. This hot fix addresses a DV bug in the Viofo A119/A119S GPS decoder algorithm, as described below:
  • Fixed bug in A119/A119S GPS decoder which would fail to process GPS data in some circumstances. Also, improved GPS decoder performance speed for the A119/S. Special thanks to @ssteven365 and other A119 users for reporting the issue!
  • Instant Replay icon arrow now points counter-clockwise. ;-)
Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Give it a try!

dcv_v2.5.0_sm.jpg

Download the free version from our website.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Hi @traveler Thanks for the update.
I have two questions if you don't mind.
1. why does the x64 bit install in the x32 bit directory?
2. While using a A119 should the High res 1440 x 2560 play in your player on win 8.1? It doesn't work for me. Is ffmpeg.exe the limitation?

Or is it only my computer that can't play A119 1440x 2560 video?
I did read on your site some time ago that is was an issue outside of your program. I think you posted this in your faq section. Just wondering if this has been resolved and I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance.

wont play videos on my machine it will show the gps track, but not play.
Running Win 7
tried both 64 bit and 323 bit versions.
1080p 60fps videos

wont play videos on my machine it will show the gps track, but not play.
Running Win 7
tried both 64 bit and 323 bit versions.
1080p 60fps videos

try setting your camera to 1080p30 and see if those files play ok, will help narrow down the problem

I should have mentioned that although Dashcam Viewer may work fine on some Win7 and Win8 systems, the recommended system requirements are Win10 (it has better video support). Also with the A119, 1440p mode may not play on some Windows systems (the Mac version does not have these constraints). Sorry about that!

Dashcam Viewer may work fine on some Win7 and Win8 systems, the recommended system requirements are Win10

I didn't realise you don't support win 8.1

looks like a new computer is going on the Christmas list

yeah, no more gas for your Mercedes - it's too old. :eek:

I'm sending John a complimentary A119 (V2) so he has real time access to test videos and can better improve high resolution playback performance on Windows machines.
ETA is currently May 10th since my new A119 V2 stock is still processing at the Amazon FBA warehouse. (Multi Channel Fulfillment)

2017-05-05_19-21-00.jpg

I'm sending John a complimentary A119 (V2) so he has real time access to test videos and can better improve high resolution playback performance on Windows machines.
ETA is currently May 10th since my new A119 V2 stock is still processing at the Amazon FBA warehouse. (Multi Channel Fulfillment)
View attachment 30672

Merry Christmas to me! :D

I'm sending John a complimentary A119 (V2) so he has real time access to test videos and can better improve high resolution playback performance on Windows machines

Excellent idea and a nice gift for real time access......... I know that I can edit HD TV on my 4 year old laptop = 32 bit WIN 7 Ultimate

Last edited:
Win10 x64 here, this version and the one installed prior exhibit the same problem, no playback (play does nothing) and no video on screen, just a black window. Also no GPS information seems to be read.
SYf5u4q.png

@adimw, run your mouse of the wrench icon in the Movies and Geotags window. That icon appears if there is an issue with the GPS data. A tooltip will appear and give more info. Also, check to make sure the "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" is checked in the Preferences. The black window could be the 1440p issue discussed earlier. If none of that works, please send me one of your movies files and I'll figure out what the problem is.

@adimw, run your mouse of the wrench icon in the Movies and Geotags window. That icon appears if there is an issue with the GPS data. A tooltip will appear and give more info. Also, check to make sure the "Always Auto-Fix Time Offset" is checked in the Preferences. The black window could be the 1440p issue discussed earlier. If none of that works, please send me one of your movies files and I'll figure out what the problem is.
Bad GPS posistion datum detected (on all clips)
I am shooting in 1440p

I have just noticed that I had extracted GPX files in the same directory as the original files, moving the .mp4 file to a directory without the GPX files has meant the program interprets the GPS logs correctly, still have the black screen issue tho, cannot play back a file.

Here is an original sample video for you https://blacklabelnewzealand.box.com/s/bomdf6vnazqi2yb5dxdy2b0hm1z0cbeo

interestingly when I use Dashcam Viewer to export a .GPX log of the file, I can attach it in RegistratorViewer and it all works as it should.
qZgT1Ay.png

@adimw, Your 1440p sample movie works fine for me in Dashcam Viewer v2.6.3, both Mac and Windows versions. See screenshots:

Here it is in Windows (ASUS 17" laptop, i7, nVidia 950M, Win10):

dcv_v2.6.3_win.jpg

And here it is on Mac (MacBookPro OS X 10.11.6):
dcv_v2.6.3_mac.jpg

Not sure why 1440p works fine on my cheap ASUS laptop while some people have reported issues on their PCs. I'm no PC video expert, but perhaps installation of a codec pack would help?

John

Thanks John, It works on my old HP laptop fine, but not on my "gaming" desktop PC with a higher end GFX card. Odd indeed.

EDIT: weird that you have the date as May 6th... it was filmed May 2nd.

@adimw,

.....I'm no PC video expert, but perhaps installation of a codec pack would help?

John

I tried one of the codec pacs (the K Lite pack) Now everything seems to work except for the few files I had that were 1440p @ 30fps (which already didn't work well with my laptop) but all the 1080p @ 60 and 30fps are working now!!! Thanks for the tip.

I tried one of the codec pacs (the K Lite pack) Now everything seems to work except for the few files I had that were 1440p @ 30fps (which already didn't work well with my laptop) but all the 1080p @ 60 and 30fps are working now!!! Thanks for the tip.

I prefer Shark007 over K Lite for codec packs

http://shark007.net
See: "K-Lite blatantly installs MALWARE."

I prefer Shark007 over K Lite for codec packs

http://shark007.net
See: "K-Lite blatantly installs MALWARE."

Well That Sux! I thought I saw it try and install something else optional at the end that I stopped from installing. So Hopefully I'm still OK! Haven't noticed any ill effects yet... Maybe I should uninstall it anyway! I don't really use Dashcam Viewer much anyway, partially do it not working the way it is supposed to perhaps codec issues perhaps just laptop issues more likely both. Anyone's guess at this point. Got to start saving those pennies for a better newer computer.

Back