liquidphoto1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tried to upgrade firmware and bricked the camera....Tried to downgrade the firmware and nothing....Can someone PLEASE help me!

Tried to upgrade firmware and bricked the camera....Tried to downgrade the firmware and nothing....Can someone PLEASE help me!
What was original version of T5e cam? You would most likely need to use the PC version using DirectUSB.exe to up/downgrade using an ELF file not the usual .BIN file which should force and upgrade. The BIN files are loaded by cam and if "bricked" it can't read the file using a "Loader" program which is possibly corrupted?

When I try the DirectUSB it just shows "found 0 AMBA device!" I don't think it detects the camera....

Good news:
If you just bought T5e you get the latest firmware 170401-V5 Version.

Bad news: there are many many bugs with new Version 170401-V5:
- DirectUSB could not detect the camera: "found 0 AMBA device!". It could be the instruction to upgrade this version is bad (not quite clear) and need to be rewrited.
- When you turn on your camera it will automatically record (very disturb). Switch default to camera may fix the problem.
- Another problems: change WIFI password, delete videos (could not turn off the camera; had to take out the battery).
- And many more.....

Hope these problem will be fixed in the near future.

Good news:
If you just bought T5e you get the latest firmware 170401-V5 Version.

Bad news: there are many many bugs with new Version 170401-V5:
- DirectUSB could not detect the camera: "found 0 AMBA device!". It could be the instruction to upgrade this version is bad (not quite clear) and need to be rewrited.
- When you turn on your camera it will automatically record (very disturb). Switch default to camera may fix the problem.
- Another problems: change WIFI password, delete videos (could not turn off the camera; had to take out the battery).
- And many more.....

Hope these problem will be fixed in the near future.
Yes, there is a discussion about adding Amba device if not detected.

LINK https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/new-thieye-t5e-firmware-update.27909/

Logging on to goprawn.com and asking the fw question may find you an answer

Hi to everybody to this forum.
I need your help regarding my t5e action camera which i bought it a week ago.
Suddenly the camera is stucked on video mode. It's diffilcult to switch it off,only when i take the battery off or if i press the power button for quite long.When i turn it on, it is stucked on the screeen on video mode, and it doesn't react in any button pressure.By taking the battery off,even a day later without any use,when i switch it on it shows same screen again.
Any help ?

LAMAX X10 Taurus Update Guide and comprehensive instructions on settings in DirectUSB for T5/T5e, AN7000 and others using A12S75 chipset. Hope this helps.

Mega Download - LINK HERE

Last edited:
Hi to everybody to this forum.
I need your help regarding my t5e action camera which i bought it a week ago.
Suddenly the camera is stucked on video mode. It's diffilcult to switch it off,only when i take the battery off or if i press the power button for quite long.When i turn it on, it is stucked on the screeen on video mode, and it doesn't react in any button pressure.By taking the battery off,even a day later without any use,when i switch it on it shows same screen again.
Any help ?

Hello, I have the same problem as Fago stated. My Thieye T5E worked perfectly for one month, then all of a sudden it freezed like this. The blue light which indicates "record" is always on, and it is impossible to do anything with the cam except taking the battery out. After the restart, it is the same problem. I did not understand if I should upgrade or downgrade firmware? Tried with three different sd cards, the problem is the same, as well as when there is no sd card inside. Please let us know if there is a solution. Thanks!

Hello, I have the same problem as Fago stated. My Thieye T5E worked perfectly for one month, then all of a sudden it freezed like this. The blue light which indicates "record" is always on, and it is impossible to do anything with the cam except taking the battery out. After the restart, it is the same problem. I did not understand if I should upgrade or downgrade firmware? Tried with three different sd cards, the problem is the same, as well as when there is no sd card inside. Please let us know if there is a solution. Thanks!

I also began experiencing problems right after the 30 day Mark so wasnt able to exchange through Amazon. Tried the feared (and for gd reason I'm learning) "firmware update" and now my cam won't turn on at all in any situation! ie with battery, by USB and no battery, SD card, no card ect... Very disappointed. Tried what I was told was great customer service and they just told me to upgrade again? Yeah thx for nothing thieye! Plz help someone

I got a firmware update on my microsd card, and the moment I started the camera with that update, the camera got live, but I'm quite certain the update did not happen, as the change was in the same moment I started the camera with the microsd card inside. From then on, my camera works with version TI/UN7-171114-V5.1. It is now working for almost two months. I realized that it freezes sometimes when I put a high frame rate and resolution, so maybe my microsd card is too slow to write so much data? When I film in standard HD resolution at 30p, it does not freeze at all. That's all I know, I wish you luck with getting your back to life!

Back